Everything

Any wisdom on boredom?

You have  stated that  "If you store up that boredom, it can turn into depression and grief".    So, you have 2 options:

1. Resign yourself to the fact, and state that "I can't do anything about it".
  2. Since you meditate, you can Investigate  the source/root/cause of your boredom in your meditations. Contemplate on it,  only after your mind settles into tranquility of meditation.  When you see the cause of the boredom, and stare right at that feeling and see the arising of that feeling,  you would have taken one step further towards conquering this  negative force.  

Alternatively, you can also read up on Buddha's  suggestions to overcome  boredom/laziness (since these two are connected).  Buddist scriptures refer to this state of mind using words like  sloth & torpor.  But, i  must warn you that the solution suggested in the scripture may look trivial,  but  they hide a high depth of meaning in that simplicity.

You have stated that "If you store up that boredom, it can turn into depression and grief". So, you have 2 options:

• Resign yourself to the fact, and state that "I can't do anything about it".
  • Since you meditate, you can Investigate the source/root/cause of your boredom in your meditations. Contemplate on it, only after your mind settles into tranquility of meditation. When you see the cause of the boredom, and stare right at that feeling and see the arising of that feeling, you would have taken one step further towards conquering this negative force.

Alternatively, you can also read up on Buddha's suggestions to overcome boredom/laziness (since these two are connected). Buddist scriptures refer to this state of mind using words like sloth & torpor. But, i must warn you that the solution suggested in the scripture may look trivial, but they hide a high depth of meaning in that simplicity.

I appreciate your advice. What is the solution suggested in the scripture?

I don't do war and fighting. If that means I lose, I don't care. I have nothing to lose anyway. Nothing worth fighting for in the first place. I don't care about my life and I as hell don't care for fighting. Life is suffering to me. If someone or something kills me I'd thank him or her or it.

I am the weaker force and if the weaker force is not supported by this planet then all the better for me. I get spit out and go to heaven while you guys struggle to live here and struggle to seek support in your pointless cause that only leads to more suffering. I hope you can feel proud and strong about your struggle cause I will really enjoy watching you struggle when I'm watching you guys from heaven. And I will laugh and not even care a little bit just like beings in heaven are not caring for me and laughing at my suffering this very moment. There is no other option than laughter when you are surrounded by pleasure.

Remember boredom when there is no boredom. 

If you are bored its already too late, but need to repent.

So there is no way out of boredom? That makes me sad. What did I ever do to deserve this? I feel like a piece of s**t. What's the difference between a turd and me? Both doing nothing, both rotting away. All those people having fun and I'm bored to death. It's not fair. But I can't do anything about it, the world is just boring to me. I may very well never find some fun. But then again, I did have some fun the other day watching some Gotham. Very nice series. Guess I'm gonna watch some Arrow now and my boredom will probably lift a little bit from that. I hope. I mean, I'm sure it will. What would I do without all these awesome tv shows these days. Really amazing. That's it.

Therein lies the problem, your taste in tv shows sucks. ;)

More seriously, you're probably bored because you're looking in the wrong places, or with the wrong filter.

Therein lies the problem, your taste in tv shows sucks. ;)

More seriously, you're probably bored because you're looking in the wrong places, or with the wrong filter.

lol

Remember boredom when there is no boredom.

If you are bored its already too late, but need to repent.

how do I repent.

Oh boredom what a terrible you are. What have I done!

I'd rather say f*** you boredom. But then boredom will become angry too. But still' it is boredom's fault that boredom is boring. What if boredom never changes. Well boredom will always be boredom and there's nothing we can do about it. It sucks but life sometimes sucks. But even in a sucky boredom we can still choose to do somethings even though we're bored with it and maybe sometimes it lifts the boredom. I've had some times when I was not bored so boredom is not eternal and its not the end of the world that I am bored. I can feel better one day.

No need to repent. I think repent is like the last tool in the toolbox. It is for when you kill another person by mistake. I'm just bored. :)

Edited by Everything

My dad did not tolerate the phrase, 'I'm bored.' His intolerance manifested itself gently but firmly. The only time I remember saying those words I ended up studying and writing a report on the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. His lesson stuck.

I suppose this won't help much, but I chose boredom, and was empowered to choose other than boredom.