Sign in to follow this  
Solefald

Sleep and dreams

Hi!

I would appreciate some inputs on my situation with regards to sleep and dreams. 

No matter how long i sleep I wake up feeling the need for more sleep. 

My current job do keep me from having a perfect regular sleep schedule.

What I notice is that I always wake up from a dream, and I can fall asleep again and continue the same dream. Sometimes i wake up during the night, go to the toilet and continue the dream where i left off. 

Often in my dreams I'm aware of my own body and it feels like im not sleeping or dreaming.

It pretty much feels like im awake somewhere else other than my body. 

I would love to wake up fully rested and energized. Can't remember the last time that happened.

I will suggest that you have unresolved conscious (I didn't want to use the word "mental" because of the negative connotations it would generate) problems in your life.  Things that are worrisome on your mind.

Two suggestions:

Identify the cause of the monkey mind and eliminate it.

Read up on "empty-minded meditation" and then practice it just prior to going to bed to sleep.  (While learning "empty-minded meditation" you will learn how to not cling to your thoughts but to just let them come and go at will [don't try controlling them] and eventually, if you give them no attention they will stop arising so often.)

• Like 1

i sleep on an earthing sheet https://www.earthing.com/

never woke up feeling tired or unrefreshed again.

btw: Im def gonna try this.

Funny question: would it not even help just putting a finger on the grounding in the socket for a little while as well ?

Some people are serial dreamers, can naturally return to there dreams.  Its a good thing especially if you want to do dream work, ie lucidity and beyond.

I've found and I think science backs me up, waking up in the middle of the dream is great for recall but bad for feeling awake.  There are some smart phone apps that try to measure you sleep cycle by when you move around, and they try to wake you up when you're not in REM.   Otherwise waking up 30 minutes earlier or later may have you up outside your REM state

• Like 1

Some people are serial dreamers, can naturally return to there dreams.  Its a good thing especially if you want to do dream work, ie lucidity and beyond.

I've found and I think science backs me up, waking up in the middle of the dream is great for recall but bad for feeling awake.  There are some smart phone apps that try to measure you sleep cycle by when you move around, and they try to wake you up when you're not in REM.   Otherwise waking up 30 minutes earlier or later may have you up outside your REM state

I did try one of these apps previously.. I'm gonna try it again and compare against how it is when i get one of these earthing bracelets. 

btw: Im def gonna try this.

Funny question: would it not even help just putting a finger on the grounding in the socket for a little while as well ?

sorry no idea. this book is worth reading for background theory/context on what is going on

http://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Most-Important-Health-Discovery/dp/1591202833

sleeping outdoors/camping is best as you get the full range of earth's frequencies interacting with the body. but using an earthing sheet is a LOT better than a standard indoors sleep. also worth getting a cheap socket tester from ebay to make sure your socket(s) are properly grounded. not sure about the other products as sleeping stuff the main thing, goes without saying to get outdoor time during the day.

and if you have a wireless router in your property, turn it off at night, always.

peace :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this