MooNiNite

Attainment beyond Sleep

Heaven - Spirit - all light

Living Beings - Air - half light/half dark

Earth - Womb - all dark

Chinese way is to say "Heaven/Man/Earth".

We are existing between Heaven and Earth.

From this basic observation we can discover what sleep is.

Is there a ratio of Heaven/Earth in terms of force or energy that could be used to understand what is happening in between?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

I experience receiving energy through the crown and having more than others, and I get a full night because the human body needs it for optimal performance and lifespan.

Which makes you think of the question you posted "why do masters die young?". If those masters did not sleep for perhaps 3 days or even more, they would have been living for 72 hours in 3 days while you have only lived for about 48 hours in those 3 days. In Islam, sleep is called the "Smaller death" or the "temporary death".

To me it seems that God, or whatever the person believes in, is giving them more time to live through years because they've been in a temporary state of death for a lot of their lives. And that shows generosity. 

But I have read and seen pious people and scholars live till 90-100 while they barely get any sleep (3-4 hours at most). 

One scholar saw his son getting ready for bed and told him, "That isn't how the scholar sleeps." So his son asked him to show how a scholar sleeps. The scholar lifted the pen from the paper and closed his eyes. Once the pen touched the paper he woke up and said, "This is how a scholar sleeps".

One of my current practices is dream yoga.

Through this practice we begin to see the nature of dream and, through that, the nature of wakefulness.

As we begin to see that they are of one taste, the distinction softens.

Rather than concerning myself with how much or little I should sleep, I'm more focused on being conscious, being lucid, whether I am living in the waking or sleep dream.

I would love to learn this. Could you perhaps write a bit about it in a new thread?

There are two different things -

1. Practicing meditation while lucid in the dream state. This is a part of dream yoga.

2. Achieving "lucidity" in sleep in the absence of dream. This is referred to as sleep yoga or the sleep of clear light.

Iv practiced the first one a few times, definantly the strongest meidtation experience i'v ever had. It would almost seem like a way to super-boost a meditation practice

The second one, as far as i know, is reserved for masters. 

When one's awareness is suffused with prolonged periods of equanimity, the borders that separates the various states of consciousness (which includes sleep as well) becomes less defined. The fascinations will wane accordingly.

Therefore, the right training is to develop a meditation aimed at cultivating equipoise so as to have the right focus. 

Heaven - Spirit - all light

Living Beings - Air - half light/half dark

Earth - Womb - all dark

Chinese way is to say "Heaven/Man/Earth".

We are existing between Heaven and Earth.

From this basic observation we can discover what sleep is.

Is there a ratio of Heaven/Earth in terms of force or energy that could be used to understand what is happening in between?

-VonKrankenhaus

So we go to sleep to connect with the earth? To help our physical earth bodies? We only sleep because we do not have light body?