Daeluin

Power

Human life is rather curious, as even as it is controlled by its momentum, it has achieved such inner balance that it has the ability to choose. Often it chooses to increase its momentum, but it has potential to unwind its momentum, and to return. Often it chooses to blaze it's own trail through time, but it has the choice to rest upon time as though falling back toward dao. This is the distinction between using and allowing use.

Controlling power and creating with power is all abuse of power, if we choose to do so while hiding from our connection to dao.

This was especially touching and i wanted to point it our very exactly, that this encompases much of what my own perceptives have revealed and which i have struggled to comprehend over the past near-20 years.

Learning to flow with the power of the universe is a far greater virtue than any intent or intended manipulation of our momentum, inertia, friction, and etc. within this universe.

So i present two seemingly opposite statements one after the other, yet both have their validity.  perhaps i need to better evaluate what i'm trying to say here ;)

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan
  • Like 1

When walking, walk.

When sitting, sit.

When sleeping, sleep.

Sounds like my cat.

• Like 3

When Building the Panama Canal, thousands of workers died from Malaria.

Malaria still accounts for thousands of deaths each year, I believe.

Scientists have been "fiddling" with nature & have managed to create Mosquitos that cannot produce any off-spring.

They've "released" these genetically modified insects into areas with large Mosquito populations.

In the hope that after the mating season, the number of "natural offspring" (i.e. Malaria carrying) Mosquitos, will be greatly reduced. 

Now the intent is (obviously) to save Human Lives and/or suffering from this disease.

No Mosquitos are actually killed, unless you count the potential newborns, that never arrive as a result of this genetic modification. 

But it's definitely going against Nature.

So does this point to an Abuse of Power ?

When Building the Panama Canal, thousands of workers died from Malaria.

Malaria still accounts for thousands of deaths each year, I believe.

Scientists have been "fiddling" with nature & have managed to create Mosquitos that cannot produce any off-spring.

They've "released" these genetically modified insects into areas with large Mosquito populations.

In the hope that after the mating season, the number of "natural offspring" (i.e. Malaria carrying) Mosquitos, will be greatly reduced. 

Now the intent is (obviously) to save Human Lives and/or suffering from this disease.

No Mosquitos are actually killed, unless you count the potential newborns, that never arrive as a result of this genetic modification. 

But it's definitely going against Nature.

So does this point to an Abuse of Power ?

Not in my opinion, though I'd keep a very close eye on unintended consequences.  <I'm probably the rare bird here who's neutral on GMO's, ie they're a powerful tool that can be good or bad based on specifics> 

Then what of the situation where we require manipulating nature simply to support the number of people that are alive on Earth? Local farming is all well and good, but it seems the only way we can sustain the human race is by turning food production into an industry. Even if it's not this way now (which I believe it is well beyond already), it more than likely will be in the future. So is this not even moreso going against nature?

maybe its human nature to go against nature. 

Part of our species greatness is technological. 

Having a $339 million each F-22 war plane     <less than a dollar per person, new ones only .30 each x whole population)

is what separates us from the lower beasts.    <who perhaps use there money wiser>

fire too.                                                              <fire good>

so far, so good.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

All it takes to skew the scales of balance is a single spec of dust.

Expansion meets contraction in equal parts. But oh! We expand and attach and when contraction calls the time we cling and cling, keeping what we chose. Scales imbalanced, one side claims, the other denied, all because human nature resists naturalness.

But the whole is preeminent, the scales may be skewed and contrived only to slip surreptitiously upon a new scope of scaling where all becomes transformed.

Balance this way, balance that way, undetermined, naturally unfolding between coarse and fine.

Fine balance is precious, but most susceptible to specs of dust. When we presume to lean this way and that we tilt the scales and beckon the coarse. When we endeavor to remain balanced within the ever changing where ever we are, we cultivate integration and refinement. Refinement is not easy - integration must be unconditional within the whole spectrum of scopes; integrating within the paradigm of humanity while ignoring the paradigm of all earthly life is to support the invitation of coarseness pursued by humanity against the refined wholeness of all earthly life.

• Like 1

its a beautiful structure. an epic construct. divine geometry.

But i still hate experiencing its imperfect perfections.

Oh well.... much better from the outside looking in, yet not fulfilling!

Ironically whence inside, you wish to be without!