RyanO

Should I Go Buddhist?

... hopefully I'll eventually come to rest somewhere in the middle.

Yes, the Middle Path is almost always the best path.

• Like 1

Ok, btw I don't have a problem with "eternal-ism", as in "the soul of the soul".

Doesn't that conflict with emptiness?

Steve, The way I see it there is a problem associated with that line of reasoning in that the concepts of emptiness and eternal-ism are both rafts... (which granted have their purposes but are not to be attached to, thus various and profound like summations are more or less fair game and to be honest about it pending until one has the nitty-gritty, brass-tacks personal proof amounting to more than fine rafts, even though they can still not prove a thing to anybody else - (except and perhaps only at the level of mind powers which is not the point anyway!

If you're asking... My answer is dont become a budist.

Instead aim to understand your mind with the use of buddhist methods and advice from realized teachers.

When it comes to attending teachings do not listen to anybody unless they've realized what they teach. Chokyi Nyima R... , yes.

Edited by Anderson

Steve, The way I see it there is a problem associated with that line of reasoning in that the concepts of emptiness and eternal-ism are both rafts... (which granted have their purposes but are not to be attached to, thus various and profound like summations are more or less fair game and to be honest about it pending until one has the nitty-gritty, brass-tacks personal proof amounting to more than fine rafts, even though they can still not prove a thing to anybody else - (except and perhaps only at the level of mind powers which is not the point anyway!

All true

• Like 1

You're thinking of the Hotel California surely.

I mean you can do whatever you wish or change whatever idea but the tao remains the same... And don't call me Shirley
  • Like 2

If you're asking...My answer is think twice before becoming a nudist, for what you save on clothes will have to be spent on sunscreen.

• Like 3