DreamBliss

Throwing Out The Subconscious or Unconscious Mind

I think it is more about letting go of beliefs that no longer serve or support you. I am working on this concept of beliefs based on fear VS beliefs based on love.

Okay.  Now you might be on to something.

And I think you might have it once you reduce all your beliefs down to believing in only the processes of nature

Humanity collectively believes in things like gravity and the subconscious mind. What would happen if, all of a sudden, humanity did not collectively believe in these things?

You don't have to believe in gravity.  It's got your back (and your feet too).

Just like people don't have to believe in evolution.  It's happening anyhow.

• Like 1

Well, you could always come to my house to stay, if you don't mind helping me work on the property. We have the Washougal River and plenty of that scenery less than 40 minutes away!

Thanks for the offer but I think I will pass.  You would probably have me working so hard I would never have time to visit the river.

Thanks for the offer but I think I will pass.  You would probably have me working so hard I would never have time to visit the river.

No, I am not a slave driver. Maybe put in a few hours a day if that. More likely I would enjoy going to the river with you, or recruiting you to play video games with me, or talking endlessly about spiritual matters, and we wouldn't get any work done.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's why I keep talking with him.  He has potential, he just needs to find it.

I don't know though, todays Army isn't what it used to be when I was in.

They resort more and more to playing video games, I have heard.

• Like 1

And I think you might have it once you reduce all your beliefs down to believing in only the processes of nature

Agreed. Actually, Earth was formed due to its own increasing gravity. Without gravity, matter wouldn’t have accreted to form stars and planets in the first place.

Unless the dinosaurs would have floated off Earth because they didn't believe in gravity.

• Like 2

The purpose of beliefs is to maintain accord between what we understand to be the case , and what is actually the case, so that we may function in a manner which is of best benefit. 

Or simply cut out the middleman and say that our beliefs are best purposed to our best benefit. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

There's actually much more to it than that but I won't be going any further with this train of thought.  We still have an excellent military.

A about 18 months ago I had another realisation  (or maybe I just 'took a stand') ; unless something ( that someone is saying, or I come up with or something I am learning about or makes me curious) has an equivalent process or reality in nature (including the 'laws of nature' ) , I see it as rubbish generated by the human mind .... and there sure is a lot of that around ! 

No, I am not a slave driver. Maybe put in a few hours a day if that. More likely I would enjoy going to the river with you, or recruiting you to play video games with me, or talking endlessly about spiritual matters, and we wouldn't get any work done.

Playing video games, talking endlessly about spiritual matters and not getting the work done . 

Hmmmm .... why does that remind me of what I have been bitchin about ? ? ? 

Earth it    in action godammit !  

.....  Dont go Marblehead, he will tempt you away from a productive and satisfied life to one of confused and unfulfilled video game screen watcher  (and lets hope they are not the car chase, shoot em up slap a ho type games  :blink:  ) 

Agreed. Actually, Earth was formed due to its own increasing gravity. Without gravity, matter wouldn’t have accreted to form stars and planets in the first place.   Unless the dinosaurs would have floated off Earth because they didn't believe in gravity.

Yes, gravity is good .... otherwise there would be all these dead birds floating around in the air everywhere ! 

Hmmmm ... there is an idea !

Dream bliss .... have you thought of signing up for the Army ....   that would be a good career for you .   (Make your parents happy too     ;)  )

• Like 1

I have about as much enthusiasm for joining the army as I have for being probed by aliens.

Disgusting @ 1:46:

I have no desire to have my square peg self hammered into the round hole of societal conform.

Obeying without question is no better than believing without question. Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

I have about as much enthusiasm for joining the army as I have for being probed by aliens.

Oh, I already knew that.  I was just waiting to see what kind of response you would give the suggestion.

Oh, I already knew that.  I was just waiting to see what kind of response you would give the suggestion.

Was it as desired or expected?

• Like 1

One thing you might want to ask yourself is: what keeps your heart beating?  Are you consciously making it pump blood through the rest of your body?  How about your lungs?  Are you concentrating on extracting oxygen and nitrogen from air molecules?

Just some thoughts to help you with a "new" concept.  :)

From Seth, "The Nature of Personal Reality"

"Therefore a seeming division occurs, in which a portion of the invisible conscious mind is connected with the physical brain, and a portion of it is free of that connection. That [latter] part forms what you think of as the involuntary system of the body,"

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

Was it as desired or expected?

I don't desire anything.  Hehehe.  But yes, it was about what I expected.

Darn it! I have become predictable!

Maybe I should have stuck with the sex change example...

Edited by DreamBliss

Darn it! I have become predictable!

Maybe I should have stuck with the sex change example...

Well, if you start talking about having a sex change you will loose one reader.

In certain conditions (non-threatening) predictability is good.  I would even call it a virtue.

Here is another suggestion, DB signs up ... with Marblehead as his Sergeant .    

9774609-large.jpg

• Like 1

Just need to check and hear how good a singer DB is

Yes, I vaguely remember the first time the TV series producers set him up to sing on the program.  Everyone was amazed.

I am a good singer, but lack training, so I don't sound anywhere near as good as that.

I guess you will have to be the singer Nungali. When do you make your appearance on American Idol?

OK, you asked for it now... I found the Karaoke version of this. I have a mic and Audacity, both the program and otherwise, link coming soon...

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

Now now .... lets not cross the border from having a friendly dig at each other ....

... to outright torture !

For hopefully moving this thread forward a little...

One's innate sexual counterpart (Jung's Anima and Animus, respectively) are rather unconscious, at least in spiritually less aware people. When we see them represented in another person, we react with pleasure or even falling in love.

Where do our "partner search settings" originate? They can be seen in an individual's astro chart, in keeping with their placements of Moon/Venus and Sun/Mars, respectively.