Do you believe torture is an appropriate way to get answers? Or fights? Or war?

When someone is trapped by their own ego, often telling them "you're trapped by your own ego" and forcing them to admit to this will only close them off to any change that does not cause scars of trauma. On the other hand, compassionately listening and cultivating an environment of harmony and openness will lead them, given enough time, to open up into a place where they want to work on getting out of their trap.

To be sure, not everything is able to be harmonious and beautiful - challenges blocking our way sometimes cause us hardship in overcoming them, and this hardship helps us to grow. At the same time, trauma can be difficult to heal. When facing such challenges I attempt to gradually raise my level of intensity and approach the challenge from a stable position.

Truths that are only gained through battle may render those truths useless in application, if the battle changed the circumstance by which those truths may find use.

You may have uncovered truths related to the heart that work for you, but are you going to force your way into the mysterious pass? Does that work?

I certainly don't know, your mileage may vary. Seeking a balanced way has been more helpful for my own path, and as I get deeper into balance, I often uncover answers unveiling themselves automatically, without needing to ask questions or force anything.

The way is simple to follow - it is one of balance.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 1

Ling divides into yuanshen (Hun) and shishen (Po).

Ling (Spirit) is considered Yin relative to Shen (Spirit).

I mentioned before the origin of the character and the rain being called forth is Yin in nature.

But what I failed to note was that in LING, there are TWO shamans/Wu calling down the rain :)