DreamBliss

Just want to get something off my chest, maybe get some clarity...

"Either my life will improve or it will end" I'd say this is a misinformed idea:

For instance if one's present physical life ends while having a hellish, unresolved like mindset then the energy of that will continue or arise in another and whatever resultant form per any self-destructive LoA actions - that is until work is done for resolution, for there is no checking out of one's state or place with threats to the "universe". (period) Further, a "not to be" part of an old saying is an impossible dream, for no one "slips out the back jack" without facing whatever needs to be faced - sooner or later... btw, a 'later' and unfortunate result that has fewer or lost opportunities makes for a tougher game and even harder work like crawling on one's belly over broken glass for miles while being pounded on with a sledge hammer just in order to reach a clean strip of dirt and grass and hopefully catch a break, for in that case when said strip of dirt and grass is finally reached it would give joy and rest for which one's heartfelt thanks would pour out to the previously hated and wrongly misjudged universe!

(edit: some sentence clean up)

Bump,

Dreambliss, I'd add in simpler terms that it sounded like you wanted to bounce some stuff off of other people to see what popped out of the bushes and I think some good and useful stuff definitely popped out - thus I thought you might also have some use for what you apparently don't want to hear, namely a reminder that LoA works both ways which could be for the negative when you proclaim or hold onto some stupid, self-defeating and pitiful manifesto of, "Either my life will improve or it will end"., especially when we hear that you should know better considering what you have already studied and worked on; thus there is really nothing for you or any of the rest of us to do but get on with evolving through suffering in whatever ways possible, come hell or high-water.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

, I hope Dreambliss is ok.

Me too.

There is a danger with concepts like 'you create your reality' and LoA, that makes big promises, lots of wonderful anecdotes and then reality crushes it.. like a bug. It promises you the world and when that doesn't happen depression starts in. The same can be said of certain 'Prosperity gospels', ie believe and you'll be rewarded 100 fold.

Go back a couple generations and the truth that- 'life is hard' was the paradigm of most people's reality. They worked hard and long. You did your duty, and there was less expectations of wealth, even happiness.

To me, the answer lies in a certain stoicism. Take the good, take the bad. Live with hope, but take life's hiccups and fuck ups gracefully. Shit happens, but so does good things. Sometimes from shit good things can arise.

I think it was Churchill who said 'When going through Hell, keep going.' Things change, the sun comes out, the air is fresh, we breathe deep and though little has changed, we manage a smile.

I have a bad feeling, I hope Dreambliss is ok.

Thank you for your conern. I appreciate it. I have not, until these forums, had any place I could "go" where I felt loved, even when there are disagreements. I wish I could remember who directed me here, I think it was Telethise, whoever it was they have my eternal grattitude for directing me here.

It is also rare for anyone outside of my family to say they love me. Maybe that sounds creepy or weird, and maybe by society's standards I am too mushy or sensitive for a guy. But think about it... How many of us have gone years with nobody outside of our families, and maybe not even in our families, telling us they love us? If we are very blessed we have someone to share our lives with and then we may be told we are loved. But I do not have this, at this moment, and its like it's not enough that your family loves you.

It is almost as if it is expected or something, although I know some do not have this experience. But for those of us loved by our families, especially if we are sheltered by them, it is a sort of default setting. But it is not enough. We need to hear we are loved by others outside our families, only then do we think it the truth. Or at least that is the way it is with me.

The point being that for over 20 years I have never heard or read the words, "I love you" from anyone other than family members, and for me at least that is not enough. I do not feel truly loved unless others outside of my family loves me. Actions and words. It's almost as if I don't exist if nobody validates this existance outside of my family. If nobody in the world outside my family knows I exist, much less loves me, I feel incredibly alienated and alone. It doesn't help that I don't feel I really fit anywhere. You can imagine how dark and deep things got for me when I was a Christian and was angry and depressed most of the time.

All that to say it means a lot to me, more than I can put into words, beyond any eolquence I can muster, to have anyone outside of my family actually care about me, even more so when I someone says, "I love you." If you can imagine a cactus in a desert that has gone without water for decades, then one day getting drenched by a sudden shower, that is how I feel right now. Also like the cactus it goes a long way to helping me bloom.

So thank you, know that I am OK. It is a little stressful and tense for me, I am recieving a lot of practice in not letting my circumstances determine how I feel. But I am hanging in there.

Also Merry Christmas, in case I forget to come in here and say so before Christmas comes.

I love you all, may you all be blessed!

• Like 3

DB, I suggest that you never expect others to fulfill your expectations...or cry about them not doing so!

Here is a prayer to try out, regardless of its Christian background it is of universal in intent:

"Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace; Where there is hatred, let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is discord, harmony; Where there is error, truth; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; And where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seekTo be consoled as to console; To be understood as to understand; To be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; It is in pardoning that we are pardoned; And it is in dying (to ego) that we are born to eternal life." from St. Francis

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1