Sign in to follow this  
Jade02

An immortal.

Can't you guy see the video? Norm Than is the immortal. I bought his book awhile ago. Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Can't you guy see the video? Norm Than is the immortal. I bought his book awhile ago. Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

I got a page of many videos. Couldn't decide which you wanted us to look at so I didn't look at any.

I corrected the link.

That worked for me although I had to go to Youtube to watch it.

Anyhow, yes, the ideas are all good. Immortality? No. That's not possible. But to remain looking younger than our years would have us look? Yes.

Anything we can do to keep our body and mind young as we age will set the stage for living a happier life. (But no promises.)

• Like 1

If immortality isn't possible why does almost every taoist text mention it? When I did the exercises in his book my body started to glow.

If immortality isn't possible why does almost every taoist text mention it? When I did the exercises in his book my body started to glow.

Immortality is a carry-over from the much older Shamanistic culture of China. Stories were told which contained important concepts about caring for ones mind and body. There is nothing wrong with want to live a long, healthy life. Staying healthy is the key here, not the thought that we can live forever. Keeping healthy will result in fewer pains during old age. Nothing wrong with that.

The idea of living in this body, with this personality... forever?

Yuck. No thanks. No way.

I think there's only so much to be gleaned from the meat bag experience.

Granted, it's a reeeeeally fun and amazing meat bag... but... still...

• Like 4

Although aging is an already solved issue , at least 2,500 years ago , in China , people who live in other places of this world are still struggling with it . Some people even create various kinds of theories to justify their incompetence by saying that , for example, it is aging or death that makes life meaningful , or how wonderful it is a life after retirement..etc.

From Taoist point of view , such kinds of theories are ridiculous and pitiful ; the truth simply is , Qi, the aging-cured medicine or dimension, doesn't appear to many people, especially the aged ones, only because their bodies' jing are deficient , too weak to feel it , plus they have not been told how to initialize it skillfully . People having grasped Qi in their hands will then find how strange that cultural factors can block people's eyes on their life,and understand deeper the meaning of the saying :

"人身難得, 中國難生, 大道難遇"

" It is fortunate to be born as a human, it is more fortunate to be born in China (so that people can read Chinese and open to Taoist alchemy),provided that they are fortunate enough to come across Taoist alchemy not too late ( say after 65 ) "

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

I agree with your quote (to a certain extent). From my viewpoint, times are changing.

Would you say there are more living Immortals (still in body) in China than in other countries? Or could you even verify? :)

Of course, it is an old saying, passing down from centuries. Things may be changing...I hope one day I can come across many immortals in USA when I travel along the Rockies...

• Like 1

Of course, it is an old saying, passing down from centuries. Things may be changing...I hope one day I can come across many immortals in USA when I travel along the Rockies...

Yeah, you might meet up with Jeremiah Johnson.

Sign in to follow this