Sign in to follow this  
The Tao Of Alex

Anyone notice a change of taste after Qigong?

Hi everyone. Just thought I would ask if anyone has noticed a change in how some foods taste after practicing your Qigong? This is the first time I have noticed this. Today, I pushed on through for an additional 10 min. to my practice and a while afterwards I had a small meal, consisting of some greens, onion, and a small amount of meat(yes, I still eat meat, I know, I know...).

The greens tasted o.k. but the onion, and meat tasted different?, hard to describe. Neither the meat or the onion was 'off', and I hadn't been drinking anything to make these foods taste different.

I've heard of, and experienced other sensations associated with Qigong practice(everything from flatulence to limbs feeling large/small-light/ heavy etc) but not this taste issue. Will see again tomorrow if this crops up again after practice.

Has anyone had experience of this or know a little bit about it?

Just thought I would ask.

Alex

As a Chi Kung practitioner, I had read something that the sensitivities of all senses will become more potent. Pretty soon, one will become eating light and stay away from strong tasty food. In my case, I am disliking the taste of pork, lamb and anything spicy. Especially, a slight taste of hot chilli pepper will cause my tongue to be burnt and bit myself on the lips and tongue. In addition, anything with oil like frying foods, my saliva rush out in the mouth with high rejection of the items. Immediately, the food has to be removed from my mouth.

I think i may take more note, and be more present while eating, and so taste things more. I don't find it's just one or two foods though.

I do taste chi, and smell it too. Especially easy is yin earth energy bought up from the ground. I can taste cosmic energy too. Taste it in my mouth and taste it in my body. Taste it in my body? yeah i know it's weird :P

My sense of smell, since practising neigong, has become ultra sensitive. I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse though ha ha.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this