Sign in to follow this  
HoldorFold

Nose chakra

I'm prone to my brow centre feeling heavy with energy at night with images running through my mind. (so it happens I'm in bed now typing on my phone.)

Tonight I tried concentrating on my nose... After a few moments meditating on my shnozzle a huge amount of stuck energy unloaded down my brow through my nose and diffused in my body including some pricks of pain in various areas. My mind immediately felt calmer with no random images flooding it.

Is this a known thing? I never hear of the nose being mentioned much as an important point but it's just made a big difference for me.

Edited by HoldorFold

'Nose' (up there somewhere) regulates which nostril passage will be more open than the other. Depending on which, gives a variation in consciousness.

Why ? The same air ends up in the lungs and blood and brain, so it isnt that ... its a localised ( 'up there') phenomena. Something to do with inter-sineal pressures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_cycle

sounds like you got a 'double clearance' ?

" Research advances have led to three methods for selectively activating one half of the autonomic nervous system in humans. The first method is an ancient yogic technique called unilateral forced nostril breathing (UFNB) that employs forced breathing through only one nostril while closing off the other. The second method works by stimulation of an autonomic reflex point on the fifth intercostal space near the axilla. The most recent method employs unilateral vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) via the mid-inferior cervical branch and requires surgical implantation of a wire and pacemaker. UFNB is non-invasive and seems to selectively activate the ipsilateral branch of the sympathetic nervous system with a possible compensation effect leading to contralateral VNS. UFNB and VNS have been employed to treat psychiatric disorders. While UFNB has been studied for its potential effects on the endogenous ultradian rhythms of the autonomic and central nervous system, and their tightly coupled correlates, VNS has yet to be studied in this regard. This article reviews these three methods and discusses their similarities, putative mechanisms, their studied effects on the endogenous autonomic nervous system and central nervous system rhythms, and their implications for the treatment of psychiatric disorders.

http://www.cnsspectrums.com/aspx/articledetail.aspx?articleid=1163

Why bother with Yoga when you can cut your brain open and stick an electrode and pacemaker in there ?

:blink: :blink::blink:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I'm prone to my brow centre feeling heavy with energy at night with images running through my mind. (so it happens I'm in bed now typing on my phone.)

Tonight I tried concentrating on my nose... After a few moments meditating on my shnozzle a huge amount of stuck energy unloaded down my brow through my nose and diffused in my body including some pricks of pain in various areas. My mind immediately felt calmer with no random images flooding it.

Is this a known thing? I never hear of the nose being mentioned much as an important point but it's just made a big difference for me.

I know this as 'calling the spirit inward'.

I use it at the start of every form after the opening.

As I was taught:

Think about something that makes you joyful.

Close the eyes, touch tongue to the back of the top front teeth, cross eyes, looking at the nose.

As it was explained to me. Energy follows attention.

Eyes, lead to nose, nose (with tongue closing the circuit) leads to heart, heart leads to lower dan tien.

edit:

more specifically Mi Zhong directs energy through San Jeng to Tan Zhong, which leads to the LDT.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

Occasionally, focusing on the third eye will expand the sinus cavity. It sounds like you were blocking energy at your third eye and focusing on the nose opened up the governing vessel (the du channel, as Zhongyongdaoist noted), which allowed it to disperse through the rest of your body.

Edited by katsura
  • Like 2

'Nose' (up there somewhere) regulates which nostril passage will be more open than the other. Depending on which, gives a variation in consciousness.

I've noticed in meditation that if I feel I'm not centred on the moment, I breathe more from one of my nostrils and then I feel more stable again. I was not taught this but rather my body seems to do it naturally.

Sign in to follow this