Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Many life experiences...

I remember reading in a Law of Attraction book that it's within the norm for people to stop having new experiences in their lives somewhere between the ages of 25 & 35 - many become entrenched in habits and cycles of activities, routines, and basically never venture outside of them after a certain point (between 25 & 35).

That's what the book said anyway.

I'm nearly 25 and I'm now starting to perceive of the possibility for enormous variation in my future years, though certain things seem fated indeed.

If you're older than 35, what has your experience been? If you're younger, do you envision yourself having new and different experiences into your older years?

Accepting change ... and even cultivating change are essential to enjoying life and spiritual development. There is a tendency in all of us to court dependability, safety and familiarity ... but it's a mistake. At other times your life urges you to change and if you ignore it you may become ill or otherwise decline.

• Like 2

The only constant is change.

There are young people who shun new experiences by following the herd.

Imagining that what they are doing is rad and new ( it is to them obviously) whilst, in fact; they could as well be on rails.

I suspect that we have more 'new' experiences as we get older.

Parenthood, Travel, Grandparenthood.

Career progressions or changes.

Changing friendships, affiliations and associations.

House moves, decor and design changes and 'new-ness'.

New hobbies via increased leisure.

The list goes on.

Young people have less free time by and large as they make their way in the world.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

Somewhere in the middle of life most people will come to the realization...'is this it?'

It follows a point in life where you have experienced the myriad of human emotions.

By this point in life, you've run the gamut of human emotional experiences.

You've fallen in love, you've had your heart broken, probably multiple times.

You've achieved some measure of success in your business and some measure of failure.

You've partied, and done some measure of crazy, stupid, dangerous things...

You've probably had children and seen them grow, absorbing and experiencing all the joy and terror that goes along with that.

You've gained friends and lost them.

In short, there comes a point, where you realize on a deep, subtle level, that you've experienced about all the things you are capable of experiencing as a human in society and thus you hit the point of 'is this it?'

Most refer to it as a mid-life crisis and the standard response is to reach back into your past experiences and try to manufacture the deep connection you got when you earlier experienced certain powerful things, so many will go out and buy that car they always wanted, or a boat... others will go for a love affair, or break off an old relationship in favor of seeking a new love.

While this may stave off this realization and the accompanying pain and fear for a bit, it returns as they 'newness' once again fades from these manufactured experiences.

The result is for some, I think, wonderful, for in this mindset some will turn within. As the realization hits that there is nothing new 'out there' to experience, this can be a natural function for turning inward and exploring the spiritual inner landscape as we cross the threshold into our later life.

Not all will hear the call and among those who do, not all will answer. But I believe this is a psychological built in mechanism to trigger the possibility in us, to turn within and begin a pursuit that opens vistas unattainable in the old way of life.

my two cents anyway...

• Like 3

As you cultivate you change. As you change the way you express your life changes as well as your desires and beliefs. While everything is always changing, most people are doing so very,very, very slowly and thus there life reflects that.

Keep cultivating intensely as well as following your bliss.....and life will be an intense and lovely mystery every step of the way. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

I've sometimes been feeling like I'm an old man recently because of the level of torture I've experienced in my life. It's rough and it comes and goes in cycles - I'm more grateful for Martial Arts than ever right now.

The future's shaping up to be something special, but time needs to be taken now.

Seems like life is just different for everyone - people follow similar patterns, walk similar paths, but everyone's having their own experience.

Edited by Unseen_Abilities
  • Like 1

Yep.

It's a journey and no mistake.

There are some good companions to be met along the way though.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I think your book author was wrong. First, it's cool if you have kids, because as they get older you get to talk to them and their friends and help them pursue different ideas and interests and they have music and expression that is new to me all the time. Then, it seems like when kids grow up and live on their own parents start redecorating and pursuing more hobbies and taking time for themselves to try food and travel that is less family oriented. I talked to a 70+ year old guy last week who remarried last year and he told me he and his new wife are hoping to stay healthy as long as possible because they are so happy together and have lots of plans to travel and have fun with their friends and he also wants to build a cabin. Sometimes the same experiences are okay anyway, watching sunrises, working in the yard, and walking around local festivals looking at arts and crafts people have made are things I've done many times and pretty mundane, but still don't seem like tired old entrenched habits.

• Like 1

Esther and Jerry Hicks lied to everyone in a book about The Law of Attraction?!? Maybe it is YOU who is spreading misinformation, in full of awareness of the fact you are doing so, Mr...ZANSHIN, was it??? For shame...

Edited by Unseen_Abilities

Sign in to follow this