mike 134

embarrassment at the nightclub....

You could try condensing breathing which is a very powerful way of accumulating condensing qi into jing:

You only need to do vid 1 once:

Vid 2 is the actual condensing breathing excersise:

You can also inhale qi into your dantian and then compress it into a small point, breathe into it, compress it etc. This builds jing.

Also, breathing energy down into your testicles regularly.

A very effective way of building libido is doing Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways on your feet, legs and hips every day. The big toe, foot arch and inner ankle area are good places to pay special attention to. He advises not doing it on the "pits" between your leg and your gooch (i.e. the leg equivalent of your armpits) because of the uncontrolable sexual energy it can create... I can attest that energetic stimulation of that area can has that effect quite immediately especially if having done work on your inner leg, ankle, foot arch prior. If you did N.E.W. on your genitals after doing your feet and legs I'm pretty sure your problem will be gone in a short time... maybe a couple of weeks if doing this for 15-20 minutes a day. But be warned this is powerful stuff so you might swing and have the polar opposite problem.

Edited by HoldorFold
  • Like 1

I remember a friend who I used to share a table with returning from a dance with a gentleman? and exclaiming, "damn, that man had an erection-- that was rude!".

Maybe I belong to a different generation, but that woman could grind, liked to freak and so did I. Didn't cause me to have an erection because I was focused on the connection I felt with her on the inside, which was and is the ecstatic thing about free-form contact rock and roll to me.

I have danced with a lot of women who weren't expecting or intending anything sexual in spite of pelvic contact. Sometimes there was a sexual element, but it was not intended, that's part of the beauty of it. Why go into something expecting an outcome; why not stop doing and realize everything being done?

I am falling upright on the floor when I dance, and when two people are falling upright in connection with each other, it can be slam, it can be freak: I don't get to know.

Edited by Mark Foote

Sorry to revive this thread.

Mike how is your libido since this post:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/24349-loss-of-lust-and-libido/?hl=libido

Like you I struggle to balance my sexuality with all that spiritual practice, do you have any tips, thx

Didn't see this earlier. You know what I actually may have solved my libido problem for good (fingers crossed). I've changed my diet drastically over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I've been eating lots of red meat (shredded beef) , cheese, and 4 eggs a day. I did this because I figured this would ramp up my testosterone production (saturated fat and cholesterol). Well I'm a lot hornier now, and sleeping somewhat better too. Maybe its too early to draw firm conclusions (I've had lots of false hopes dashed in the past), but I am cautiously optimistic this time since I've had a sustained libido rise for 2 weeks now with no signs of going away.

I have danced with a lot of women who weren't expecting or intending anything sexual in spite of pelvic contact. Sometimes there was a sexual element, but it was not intended, that's part of the beauty of it. Why go into something expecting an outcome; why not stop doing and realize everything being done?

In the past I used to just focus on having fun if it goes further great if not no problem, and I figured that type of setting wasn't really a great place to pick up a quality mate in the first place. Well I'm so busy now with work I hardly ever get to go out and mess around, so I'm a lot pickier and when I approach somebody I really try to go as far as I can.

Edited by mike 134

Just been reading through this thread. Another thought on the whole excitment situation:- If you start cultivating sexual energy it is really important to be aware that your energy levels are rising and being put to good use. Once sexual cultivation begins the energy is stored inside the body and awakens to situations that are necessary. When we dance, we're dancing that's it, we don't need any more arousal than that. When we make love we do, but sometimes arousal doesn't happen then, and that's OK. The cycles of the moon and sun affect us greatly. If the energy isn't coming to the surface (so to speak) when dancing I'd say that was a good thing, and the cultivation is working. Mis-use of sexual energy creates negative karma, and the more you cultivate the more dangerous it is to mis-use that energy. So softly, softly is a good approach and be content just to dance. A useful exercise is the deer exercise to build/control sexual energy for a man or woman. Dr Stephen T. Chang has written an excellent book on this topic..."Tao of Sexology". Hope this helps.

Didn't see this earlier.  You know what I actually may have solved my libido problem for good (fingers crossed). 

Sublimating or "transforming" sexual energy on the physical level deals with rerouting hormone production (as opposed to semen retention... thats a whole other story).  Any sort of effective energy work or practice will naturally entice the body's endocrine system to perform at a level beyond the "normal" functioning (which is really a substandard use of its potential, if not an outright sickness).  The endocrine system is the physical bridge to the energy body, and it may undergo numerous changes during your personal practice - and the unfolding is an individual matter, since everyone has different constitutions, natural proclivities, etc.

If your sadhana was leading to a loss of libido, then it certainly is telling you something.  Everyone has been through spots where their practice takes them to unexpected, unknown or uncomfortable situations.  Its part of the whole process.  Thats not to say that your re-calibration of the time table (by leaning back towards the familiar) is "wrong".. in fact it may be quite "right".  We are all straw dogs anyways.   ^_^

Didn't see this earlier. You know what I actually may have solved my libido problem for good (fingers crossed). I've changed my diet drastically over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I've been eating lots of red meat (shredded beef) , cheese, and 4 eggs a day. I did this because I figured this would ramp up my testosterone production (saturated fat and cholesterol). Well I'm a lot hornier now, and sleeping somewhat better too. Maybe its too early to draw firm conclusions (I've had lots of false hopes dashed in the past), but I am cautiously optimistic this time since I've had a sustained libido rise for 2 weeks now with no signs of going away.

Looks like you found the treatment.

I've found some people who have so-called "kundalini rising" are actually exeriencing the symptoms of an illness Chinese medicine calls a Jueyin syndrome. Basically, yang get unhinged from its root in the lower dantian and surges upwards.

One symptom of yang surging upwards is increased spiritual phenomenon. I was about to write spiritual delusion but yang surging doesn't only produce meaningless hallucinations. The nature of the spiritual experience can be quite meaningful. Nonetheless, it lacks firm grounding and the more it is indulged the less grounded things get. I say indulged because certain practices exacerbate the condition. Notably, focus on the third eye, psychedelics, fasting, and other purposeful attempts to induce spiritual revery.

What re-anchors yang? Fat, red meat, dairy products, fermented foods, zhanzhuang, emptying the mind, and lower dantian focused practices.

I actually speculate most people who experience 'kundalini' events are actually experiencing Jueyin syndrome. A lot of folks these days don't have a strong anchor to begin with, especially the types who are attracted to spiritual practices. Throw in drug use (including alcohol and pot) and/or excessive ejaculation and folks get unhinged even easier.

Oh and I forgot to mention that when yang surges upwards, yin predominates below. Decreased libido and erectile dysfunction are symptoms.

Edited by 松永道
  • Like 4