Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

What if the universe was to end?

It would.

Lovely place at any time of year is Benidorm

Plus you'd not have to worry about missing the flight home.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP

Stop getting in my own way, and distracting myself for 2 weeks straight. Some amazing things could happen I figure :).

Also the whole nothing left to lose place people get to sometimes in their lives has some very amazing growth potential.

• Like 1

I guess in all honesty I would sit here and sip my tea (not the kool aid!) and see what you lot had to say about it.

Sad, really.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Yes,...the unenlightened would be snuffed out for eternity in an instant. But the point is, if given a choice, could you uncover enlightenment in 2 weeks?

I don't think it's about effort, or fear based motivation to awaken, but in letting go, so sure, if you can let go, it takes only an instant...

I'd spend as much of the time as was practical with loved ones, much as I try to do now.

Life is just a continuum, and I'll leave out the concept of 'time' but being perpetually now seems to be what the sense are in.

Maybe you've talked about this in the past but I would be interested (here or in another thread) to see this explained more.

The term continuum necessitates time,...and time does not exist,...as in, stands alone. Latin exsistere to come into being, exist, from ex- + sistere to stand, stop; akin to Latin stare to stand.

A continuum is a concept about perceived conditions transitioning to other perceived conditions.

Would not call time a concept, because time does not need the sentient mind. Ego has quite a romantic notion that for duality to be there must be an individual observer, as if Bohr's Law implies that observers and the observed need a human connection,...that humans somehow effect things into perceived reality. LOL

The next term to look at is "now." There are two "now's," the relative and the absolute. The relative now is an illusion (which is actually the past),...the absolute now, is real.

There are no conditions or time in the absolute now,...which we could call The Tao.

"If reality is conceived as beyond all thoughts, and contemplation directed according, words may help to lead one to a stage where all thoughts cease and reality is experienced." Sri Atmananda

The relative, through the 6 senses, sees a now that moves in time. In reality, nothing has moved, even a centimeter, in all eternity,...what the senses perceive as movement is a simulation that reproduces itself 186k mps, relative to whatever so-called speed one is perceiving from.

So, to the question...life,...that is, the property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter,...is a continuum,...however, life is not in the now, but always in the past.

Sentient beings do not perceive a world that surrounds them,...but a world that surrounded them.

As to the question of the thread,...can the now be realized from the past? In other words,...without truth realization, can people, at some point in the illusion of time,...experience the now?

Sign in to follow this