Rara

Ice Bucket bail out...

I must totally disagree with what you just said. Remember that I am an anarchist. The anarchist in me would require me to hollar at the lady and tell her she dropped her money. This has nothing to do with morality. It has to do with doing the right thing. It is her money, not mine.

No, keeping the money would be selfishness. It would be greed. It would be taking advantage of others. Returning it to her would be the only right thing to do because it is her's. Usefulness comes into play because after returning the money to the lady I have been useful to her.

Works for me.

<shrug>

:)

You think my model too complex while I think yours overly reduced but I'm OK with that.

Besides, I think these models provide a framework upon which we justify our own rationalizations to self after we do whatever it is we want to do at the moment.

;)

• Like 1

HOLD EVERYTHING !

Dont do it !

Do not do the ice bucket challenge (even if you dont agree one cant argue with the logic at the end :blink:

Omg, I've been drinking ice water too!

Omg, I've been drinking ice water too!

It is common knowledge in South India that drinking ice water is fatal.

Found that out when I once offered around bottles of water fresh from the freezer.

From their reactions and comments I could as well have asked my Indian colleagues if they would like some bottles of poison.

:)

• Like 1

It is common knowledge in South India that drinking ice water is fatal. Found that out when I once offered around bottles of water fresh from the freezer. From their reactions and comments I could as well have asked my Indian colleagues if they would like some bottles of poison. :)

yay, more for me. I'll admit it can make digestion harder, and usually I'll go with room temperature or a little cooler, but icy water is nicy water. A small cup is most refreshing, especially on its own.

On the third hand looking at the video on youtube you see quite a few 'the world ends this year' posts. The assumption being the ALS challenge wasn't just a random brain storm from professional fundraisers at ALS foundation that caught on as a fad. Rather it's a satan inspired plot, that happens to help people with a nasty disease.

I assume the year will end without Satanic apocalypse and the hardcore commenters will have to look elsewhere the first part of 2015 to find another internet meme that is proof of Satan's control and love of the internet.

once it gets to be 80 or so, then ice water becomes appropriate. when its hot out, screw that. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! (but yall dont hear that old man's voice sounding over the ol van's tinny ancient loudspeaker...:lol:)

I've been nominated. Ugh.

Best way of pulling out?

It's not like anyone will get the whole "waste of world water supplies, or "so I can be as narcissistic as you", or "ALS fund researchers that test on animals" arguments, right?

Simply say that you don't feel well or just don't show up. You can also try bluntly telling them that you don't want to do it.

I've been nominated. Ugh.

Best way of pulling out?

It's not like anyone will get the whole "waste of world water supplies, or "so I can be as narcissistic as you", or "ALS fund researchers that test on animals" arguments, right?

Simply say that you don't feel well or just don't show up. You can also try bluntly telling them that you don't want to do it.

Still, life is best as a total participant sport. Trying things that seem stupid and ridiculous. Seeing if you like them.

I think if your friend jumps off a cliff, so should you. As long as there's water underneath. Which reminds of some cliff jumping I did in Elmira Canada. Good times, good times.

* note: the importance of the modifier: As long as there's water underneath

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1