bamboo

Longmen pai retreats in the UK

Longmen pai in the UK  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which retreat would you be most likely to attend?

• 3 day beginners retreat
    • 7 day beginner and intermediate retreat
    • 9 day beginner and intermediate retreat

Retreats not run by the lineage head for 2/3rd the price of those run by the lineage head? This might be a bit of a hard sell...

• Like 1

Master is competent to guide students from any distance ...

Distance training mentorship directly by WLP? Would you like to say more about it ... :)

BaguaKicksAss,

Although the tuition is similar in price, the cost of learning the fundamentals of the system would not be anywhere near the price of going to see Master Wang. The idea is to make it affordable for those who cannot find the $9,000 to go to a 20 day fasting retreat.

• Like 1

Not all!! Many just got some methods. Visitor, student, disciple and successor. The four stages of interacting with a master. Only the successors get the whole teaching.

Interesting ...

What are main requirements to go trough stages of visitor to student, student to disciple, disciple to sucessor?

Probably there is going to be only one or two successors ...

Peace, Jox :)

Edited by Jox

Hey Jox,

It is fairly basic information, nothing esoteric.

Visitor - is the stage when you first go to see a master. If you never return and stop practicing you were just a visitor.

Student - is the stage when you repeatedly return to practice with that master. Now you are studying with them consistently.

Disciple - is the stage when you are formally accepted into that school or lineage. Either by requesting or being offered.

Successor - you are chosen by the master to be the school or lineage successor.

With Master Wang most of us are at the level of student, I am not aware of anyone who has been formally accepted as a disciple within this branch of the LMP. I must hold up my hands and say that my knowledge of the upper echelons of this lineage is far from exhaustive though.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 1

~~~ Admin Message ~~~

Thread cleaned up (Pit).

Let's stay on topic.

~~~ / Admin Out ~~~

• Like 1

Hey Jox,

It is fairly basic information, nothing esoteric.

Visitor - is the stage when you first go to see a master. If you never return and stop practicing you were just a visitor.

Student - is the stage when you repeatedly return to practice with that master. Now you are studying with them consistently.

Disciple - is the stage when you are formally accepted into that school or lineage. Either by requesting or being offered.

Successor - you are chosen by the master to be the school or lineage successor.

With Master Wang most of us are at the level of student, I am not aware of anyone who has been formally accepted as a disciple within this branch of the LMP. I must hold up my hands and say that my knowledge of the upper echelons of this lineage is far from exhaustive though.

Thank you for clarification ... ;)