daojones

Can Anyone Recommend a Water filter?

I'm looking to get a water filter for city water. I've looked into berkey/british berkfield...but it looks pretty skechy as to whats going on with them in terms of quality of product. In fact, I'd say the whole water filtration industry appears to have snake oil waiting in the shadows. Curious to hear any bum's experience or opinions on such things :)

I filter to wash vegies -One for big chunks and a second for the finer sediment

It than goes to a distiller for drinking water, tea soups etc

• Like 1

I would go for a multiple stage one, something like

CSeriesfiltration.jpg

We use a Grander ... yep, totally 'snake oil' ... except the Grander sales rep offered us a money back guarantee for 3 years. So we got the water tested before, just after, a few months later, 3 years later and 7 years later. E-coli dropped dramatically (we sent samples for scientific testing) to eventually nil. Now people come here to fill up water bottles. I could notice the different 'feel' of the water (especially its after effects on hair) in bath or shower.

http://www.grander.com.au/

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I'm looking to get a water filter for city water. I've looked into berkey/british berkfield...but it looks pretty skechy as to whats going on with them in terms of quality of product. In fact, I'd say the whole water filtration industry appears to have snake oil waiting in the shadows. Curious to hear any bum's experience or opinions on such things :)

No,...but I read an interesting book in the 90's called Living Energies, by Callum Coats, that is helpful.

I would go for a multiple stage one, something like

CSeriesfiltration.jpg

We use a Grander ... yep, totally 'snake oil' ... except the Grander sales rep offered us a money back guarantee for 3 years. So we got the water tested before, just after, a few months later, 3 years later and 7 years later. E-coli dropped dramatically (we sent samples for scientific testing) to eventually nil. Now people come here to fill up water bottles. I could notice the different 'feel' of the water (especially its after effects on hair) in bath or shower.

http://www.grander.com.au/

On the grander site I have found no multiple stage filter and they write their products work only energetically by realigning the structure of the water(from another site). Also without any maintenance requirement which would be strange for a multiple stage filter. Have they discontinued it?

But the image you linked seems to be a Marineland C-Series Multi-Stage canister Fitler.

http://www.marineland.com/Products/aquarium-filters-and-protein-skimmers/c-series-canister-filters-aquarium-canister-filter.aspx

I'd go a distiller over a filter

I have a filter that is suppose to remove 98% chems... I put that water into the distiller and still heap of stuff is left behind after 20 odd L ...sludge

• Like 1

On the grander site I have found no multiple stage filter and they write their products work only energetically by realigning the structure of the water(from another site). Also without any maintenance requirement which would be strange for a multiple stage filter. Have they discontinued it?

But the image you linked seems to be a Marineland C-Series Multi-Stage canister Fitler.

http://www.marineland.com/Products/aquarium-filters-and-protein-skimmers/c-series-canister-filters-aquarium-canister-filter.aspx

I recommend a multi stage.

But we have a Grander. Like I said ... principle is a bit far out ... but it seems to work according to water testing.

Edited by Nungali