Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

*Veganism/ Vegetarianism (4* merged threads, so things can get confusing)

And lets remember China's soil is much more nutritious then USA, Australia and the UK!

Cows eat plant material right? so if plant material is less nutritious the cow is also going to be less nutritious

So either way = less nutrition

I eat mostly organic

By the way, plants are living creatures as well, so why don't I start a campaign to save the plants? or infact, why don't you?

We've been through this already,

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Good try my friend. Hehehe.

The future is not predicable. Even the weather forecast misses the mark more often than it is hit.

I need no faith. What will be will be. Perhaps my next breath will be my last.

And if my friend is a no-show then I will dine alone. No problem.

I wish I could remember the exact words; someone I was talking with made a statement about not needed faith in their life and it was so beautiful. I won't even now try to paraphrase it lest I ruin it and spoil the impression it made in my mind.

haaha, yeh fair enough

No expectations hm, that is good.

Just like this thread I have no expectations, I dont expect anything remarkable from anyone here :P haha

• Like 1

Cows eat plant material right? so if plant material is less nutritious the cow is also going to be less nutritious

I eat mostly organic

Yes, but a cow's digestive system is much different than is a homo sapien's.

• Like 1

I eat mostly organic

What is mostly valuable about meat is the fire which you can get from it.

haaha, yeh fair enough

No expectations hm, that is good.

Just like this thread I have no expectations, I dont expect anything remarkable from anyone here :P haha

Caused me a chuckle. Thanks.

I can respect what you are saying even though I don't necessarily agree with you. Same for you.

• Like 1

I don't really care for TCM

Some TCM is among the most inhumane practices on the planet and is completely unnecessary

In traditional Chinese medicine, a tiger penis (Vietnamese: Pín hổ; Chinese: 虎鞭; pinyin: hǔ biān) is said to have important therapeutic properties. However, modern science does not support the belief that the tiger penis (usually prepared as part of a dish) possesses any special potency. Furthermore, the demand for tiger parts exacerbates the endangered status of the tiger by providing a market for poachers. While the tiger penis is consumed in parts of China and Southeast Asia, particularly in Laos and Cambodia, its preparation is generally condemned by modern nations.[1]

Another way to nourish the internal organs is to eat animal organs, the best being pig and sheep organs because they are most similar to human organs.

So basically promoting cannibalism?

The Taoist Immortals practiced no such cruelty

I have only seen a diet of mountain herbs, mushrooms, fruits, nuts and resin attributed to them

The Immortals practiced Veganism

yes it is

I'd say human are frugivores

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17111888/Science-Verifies-That-Humans-Are-Frugivores

Science Verifies That Humans' Ancestors Were Frugivores

Recent research by anthropologists shows that we had an arboreal past. Ourgenetic ancestors were once tree dwellers. At that time, our genetic ancestorsdepended upon products of the tree, and later upon the fruits of stalk and vinefor our sustenance.

Dr. Alan Walker, an anthropologist of John Hopkins University in Maryland, has done research showing that early humans wereonce exclusively fruit eaters. By careful examination of fossil teeth and fossilized human remains with electron microscopes and other sophisticated tools, Dr. Walker and his colleagues are absolutely certain that early humans until relatively recently, were total fruitarians. These findings were reported in depth in the May 15, 1979 issue of the New York Times.Dr Alan Walker and his associates, anthropologists at John Hopkins University,using the most modern electronic microscopic equipment,state: "Preliminary studies of fossil teeth have led to the startling suggestion that our early human ancestors (Australopithecus) were not predominantly meat-eaters or even eaters of seeds, shoots, leaves or grasses,nor were they omnivorous. Instead they appear to have subsisted chiefly on a diet of fruit.

Every tooth examined from the hominids of the 12 million year period leading up to Homo Erectus appeared to be that of a fruit-eater." - NY Times, May 1979 The essence of Walker's research is that even though humans have adopted omnivorous and carnivorous eating practices, our anatomy and physiology have not changed.

We remain biologically a species of fruit eaters. The human digestive system has been adapted to a diet of fruits and vegetables for more than 60 million years of development. A few thousand years of aberrant eating will not change our dietary requirements for optimum health. The position that humans occupy in the animal kingdom is that of the Primate order, which means that, from the point of view of anthropology, our closest animal relatives are the anthropoid apes (anthropoid means "resembling man" or "man-like"). This species includes gorillas, monkeys and chimps all of whom are classified as frugivores. From the perspective of physiology, our human biology and digestion most closely resemble our closest cousin in the animal kingdom, the orangutan. Even our DNA genetic material is well over 95% identical. Humans developed on fruits just as simians and other primates in nature. In consequence, some anthropologists and biologists have classified humans as frugivores

yes it is

I'd say human are frugivores

In that article "relatively recently" is true but they didn't point out that "relatively recently" was about 3 million years ago when the climate changed and the trees became fewer and the ancestors of man had to leave the trees and scavenge just as many other animals had been doing.

Scavenging the corpses of other animals supplied large quanties of protein which allowed their brains to grow and evolve to where they learned to use tools so they could now go out and kill their own food. This is when "man's" brain evolution exploded and it became the planet's top predator.

I'm not ready to go back to living in the trees and eating mostly only fruit.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

"I have only seen a diet of mountain herbs, mushrooms, fruits, nuts and resin attributed to them."

Yep and you made it clear...for Immortals, not for regular humans / people who have not achieved the elixir. Ie higher then Renxian.

In that article "relatively recently" is true but they didn't point out that "relatively recently" was about 3 million years ago when the climate changed and the trees became fewer and the ancestors of man had to leave the trees and scavenge just as many other animals had been doing.

Scavenging the corpses of other animals supplied large quanties of protein which allowed their brains to grow and evolve to where they learned to use tools so they could now go out and kill their own food. This is when "man's" brain evolution exploded and it became the planet's top predator.

I'm not ready to go back to living in the trees and eating mostly only fruit.

Funny thing that, I've seen things saying that the human brain is actually becoming smaller because of animal protein

That fruit, all those sugars (FUEL) ... gave the brain the fuel to expand

it doesnt matter how big the engine is without fuel you aren't going anywhere

A diet with less fuel = less brain power = brain shrinking overtime

Our ancestors had bigger brains than we do

I'll post more about this tomorrow

humanity on average will look like this in another million years

dinos2.jpg

Racist.

:P

• Like 2

Racist.

:P

Hehehe. You are not the first person to blindly call me that.

I think I will shut my mouth now lest I get myself in trouble.

I had to stop the video. If you will, just tell me in as few words as possible what he said that was of any significant importance.

I had to stop the video. If you will, just tell me in as few words as possible what he said that was of any significant importance.

He does take awhile to get to the point, I listened while painting ..so didn't mind :)

Basically

> Human brain developed on fruit in tropical forests

> Fruit is sex

> Fruit codes DNA

> Human + Fruit/ forest DNA connection / symbiosis (kinda like Avatar, we being deeply connected to Nature (vast consciousness) (I'd say close to the Taoist Immortals / Golden Age ideas)

> Brain tripled in capacity with fruit

> Climate change saw a lot of these tropical forests disappear ...and so we find ourselves in grasslands with a sub optimal diet/ decline

> Brain development stopped and over time we have lost 10-20%* brain size because of this change

> The left brain took over and the right brain became silent, most spiritual practices are about reversing this decline/ disconnection ... the left brain dominance being the cause of most/ all problems today/

Thanks.

I will number the points, 1 - 8, top to bottom, so I can speak to them.

1. This contradicts current scientific thinking. While there was plenty of fruit (wo)man remained in the trees and her brain did not evolve.

2. Hehehe. I have never had sex with an orange.

3. Everything living codes DNA.

4. I can't even speak to this. It has left me speechless.

5. That is not consistent with the lastest scientific findings. That happened from eating meat, not fruit.

6. The first half is correct, the second half is not.

7. That is a totally false statement. He was using equipment that was manufactured as a result of our brain's evolution.

8. That is false as well. Just last night I watched a couple episodes of "Brain Games" and both sides of our brain is more active than it ever has been. (I will agree with the disconnection thought though.)

I won't argue "right or wrong" but it is a fact that we who eat meat may or may not continue doing so and we who don't eat meat may or may not continue to do so. It's all about personal choices and how the results of our choices make us feel about ourself.

(PhysOrg.com) -- A new replica of an early modern human brain has provided further evidence for the theory that the human brain has been shrinking. The skull belonged to an elderly Cro Magnon man, whose skeleton is called Cro Magnon 1. The entire skeleton was discovered in 1868 in the Cro Magnon cave in Dordogne, France, and has since become one of the most famous Upper Palaeolithic skeletons. Using new technology, researchers have produced a replica of the 28,000-year-old brain and found that it is about 15-20% larger than our brains.

To produce the brain replica, called an endocast, the scientists first digitally scanned the interior of the empty skull. The images revealed the impression left by the brain on the neurocranium, which was then transformed into a 3D image. Software was then used to fabricate the brain endocast.

http://phys.org/news187877156.html

Thanks.

I will number the points, 1 - 8, top to bottom, so I can speak to them.

1. This contradicts current scientific thinking. While there was plenty of fruit (wo)man remained in the trees and her brain did not evolve.

2. Hehehe. I have never had sex with an orange.

3. Everything living codes DNA.

4. I can't even speak to this. It has left me speechless.

5. That is not consistent with the lastest scientific findings. That happened from eating meat, not fruit.

6. The first half is correct, the second half is not.

7. That is a totally false statement. He was using equipment that was manufactured as a result of our brain's evolution.

8. That is false as well. Just last night I watched a couple episodes of "Brain Games" and both sides of our brain is more active than it ever has been. (I will agree with the disconnection thought though.)

I won't argue "right or wrong" but it is a fact that we who eat meat may or may not continue doing so and we who don't eat meat may or may not continue to do so. It's all about personal choices and how the results of our choices make us feel about ourself.

Ummm...

A quick question -- what are brains made of?

Citrus fruit supplementation reduces lipoprotein oxidation in young men ingesting a diet high in saturated fat: presumptive evidence for an interaction between vitamins C and E in vivo. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9459371

Fruit protects the brain, high-fat animal products break it down

/ http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/fat/transfat.html

Trans Fat

Download Trans Fat: The Facts icon_pdf.gif [PDF–2.1Mb]

The Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010 and the Institute of Medicine recommend that individuals keep trans fatty acid consumption as low as possible.1, 2There are two main sources of dietary trans fatty acids (trans fat). Naturally occurring trans fat is found in small amounts in the fatty parts of meat and dairy products. Artificial trans fat comes from foods that contain partially hydrogenated oil and is formed when hydrogen is added to liquid oil turning it into solid fat. Often food manufacturers use artificial trans fat in food products because it is inexpensive and it increases the food’s shelf life, stability, and texture.

Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DGA)1

The DGA recommend that individuals keep trans fatty acid consumption as low as possible, especially by limiting foods that contain synthetic [artificial] sources of trans fats, such as partially hydrogenated oils, and by limiting other solid fats.

Consuming trans fat increases low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or "bad") cholesterol. This risk factor contributes to the leading cause of death in the U.S. – coronary heart disease (CHD).1 Trans fat may also have other adverse health effects like decreasing high-density lipoprotein (HDL, or "good") cholesterol. Further reducing trans fat consumption by avoiding artificial trans fat could prevent 10,000-20,000 heart attacks and 3,000-7,000 coronary heart disease deaths each year in the U.S.3

What Can Be Done To Reduce Artificial Trans Fat

Everyone can:

• Read the Nutrition Facts label and ingredient list to compare foods.
    • Choose products with 0 grams trans fat.
    • Check the Ingredient List to see if there is any partially hydrogenated oil in the product.
    • Because products containing less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving can be labeled as having 0 grams trans fat, checking the Ingredient List is important to avoid all artificial trans fat.
  • When choosing foods low in trans fat, make sure they are also low in saturated fat and cholesterol: look for foods with 5% of the Daily Value or less. Foods with 20% or more of the Daily Value of these two components are high.
  • Use monounsaturated fat (canola and olive oil) and polyunsaturated fat (soybean, corn, and sunflower oil) in recipes that call for fat.
  • A good way to avoid trans fat is to eat a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean sources of protein, and low-fat or fat-free dairy products.

High fat diet causing brain damage

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/high-fat-diets-obesity-and-brain-damage.html

Inflammation occurs in many tissues when rodents are placed on a fattening diet, but this usually takes weeks or months to develop, and therefore it is often considered secondary to the development of obesity. One of the things we were able to show in this study is that in rodents, we can detect signs of inflammation in the hypothalamus within one day of exposure to a fattening diet, making it the earliest known inflammatory event during the development of obesity. This is consistent with the idea that dysfunction of other tissues is the result, at least partially, of dysfunction that occurs first in the brain.

Our study also addresses the second question: why is obesity so difficult to treat? We know that brain inflammation contributes to obesity in rodents, so one possibility is that the hypothalamus sustains damage during this process, which durably elevates the "setpoint" around which body fat mass is defended by the body. In other words, damage to the part of the brain that regulates body fatness makes the body "want" to carry more fat and resist fat loss attempts.

Can get healthy fats from nuts + avocados (fruit)

A nut is a fruit composed of a hard shell and a seed, which is generally edible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_%28fruit%29

The avocado (Persea americana) is a tree native to Mexico and Central America,[1] classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel. Avocado or alligator pear also refers to the fruit, botanically a large berry that contains a single seed.[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avocado

Sign in to follow this