Sign in to follow this  
Satya

Dos and Don'ts. 1.What practice/s if low on time? 2.What practice/s day-to-day? 3.What activities/habits to avoid? 4.What activities/habits to do?

if your low on time. they you have to take the "short path"

this is generally more dangerous, but progress happens a lot faster. People with not a lot of time are usually working a lot, so the danger goes away.

there's kundalini or my favorite which is the ancient Egyptian practices

I know what you mean by the first two lines.

However, could you elaborate on the last one?

Do you mean Kundalini Yoga? Or just practices that involve Kundalini work in general? If so, which ones would you recommend?

And what ancient Egyptian practices do you mean?

Have you reflected on what your goal actually is?

Or

Why are you cultivating?

• Like 3

Have you reflected on what your goal actually is?

Or

Why are you cultivating?

Ok, so, just to clarify, this is intended to be a thread where people can share their experiences/knowledge, what they feel/think has helped throughout their lives/personal experience, for the benefit of others new on the path, or, who've been on it a while. You, me, everyone. As with pretty much everything I or anyone posts, it is intended for the betterment of the whole. Accordingly I have provided some info of activities/practices that I think are beneficial, or impairing.

We all view things slightly differently and many of us, through our life experience have valuable insights and learn valuable lessons.

The benefit of a spiritual community (even/especially an online one) is that this knowledge can be shared and cultivation, evolution, enlightenment can be facilitated as a group.

Yes, Tao/Brahman/God provides us each with what we need to know/situations to learn from exactly when we need them, so, some might argue that such sharing of knowledge goes against this, however, I would add/remind that, discussions such as these are included/are not excluded from the lessons/situations/knowledge that Tao/Brahman/God provides for us to transcend.

Edited by Satya

Baduanjin - 8 Piece Brocade can be done in ten minutes.

Don't eat meat.

Don't drink alcohol.

Don't indulge in 'recreational pharmaceuticals'.

Avoid caffeine ( except in good tea) and shun 'carbonated' fizzy soda-pop.

Lions drink water!

Cultivate every single day as close as possible to the same time every day until the cultivation is so much a part of your existence that it 'cultivates itself'.

Be kind to yourself and those ripples will spread to others.

Ignore fractious persons.

Job jobbed.

Hope that helps.

I know you recommend the website in your sig thing, BUT (unless there is a video but I can't see it) for Baduanjin - 8 Piece Brocade can you recommend a good video, preferably free/online? If there's not one that correlates exactly with what you recommend, then, if you know of any that are similar, if you could post one of those, and also any written instruction for Baduanjin from your resource which could be used to fill in the gaps, so to speak. :)

Also, I like the "Lions drink water!" thing, nice. ;)

Elephants drink it too, AND they don't eat meat, and they're powerful majestic wise creatures. :) (admittedly elephants drink water doesn't have quite the same ring to it though ;) )

Edited by Satya

Best time to practice is right when you get up if your not hungry.

Theres good chi in the morning the heart rate is still low and you still have alot of the yin chi you acquired from the 8hrs of sleep.

And eat there decent meals a day and drink plently of water.

Get off of caffine......

It drains the kidneys and is a neurological toxin. That is caffeine's purpose when the plant excretes it. It is to overwhelm the heart and mind of the bug so the bug cant continue eating the plant.

Eat good sleep plenty and practice when you feel guided to.

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 2

1. What practice/s would you advise to do as a priority if you're low on time?

When I want to get the most comprehensive exercise less than 30 seconds: tea cups. Amazingly works the entire spine in very little time. Obviously you could do it for longer but, literally, you could stand up from your desk, do one or two reps, and sit back down and feel a world of difference in your *whole* spine.

... but actually waste time in other areas; for those who are seriously ill and only able to do so much of anything a day, and so on and so fourth.

The other practice: Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong slowly from the low torso up to the solar plexus and back down, over and over, while watching tv / youtube / a movie. Does serious work on refining & healing the lower centers during time that is generally wasted.

• Like 1

It is not so much the time spent in practice but the quality of that practice.

A short period spent in mindful, conscious performance of a given form, qigong exercise or whatever will be of far greater benefit than a long period spent simply going through the motions.

My experience really resonates with this...

to it I would add, practicing a small amount every day at the same time, bears high yield.

• Like 3

When I want to get the most comprehensive exercise less than 30 seconds: tea cups. Amazingly works the entire spine in very little time. Obviously you could do it for longer but, literally, you could stand up from your desk, do one or two reps, and sit back down and feel a world of difference in your *whole* spine.

The other practice: Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong slowly from the low torso up to the solar plexus and back down, over and over, while watching tv / youtube / a movie. Does serious work on refining & healing the lower centers during time that is generally wasted.

Can you recommend any practices that are freely available that are similar at all?

They both sound interesting but I don't currently have the $/£'s for the resources.

You are in luck. One of the most healing in all areas is Falun Dafa. It is totally free, can see the complete instructional video and the book online. This is the most unique of all the powerful and real qigong since it installs spontaneously an etheric Falun Wheel which spins in your lower dantien getting rid of bad chi and generating good chi 24 hours each day, seven days a week as long as you do Falun Dafa each day to keep the wheel at full force or else it will fade away. The downside is that this method takes over an hour to perform.

Sign in to follow this