Satya

What's REALLY possible from Magic/Magik/Magick? What have you achieved?

I get the impression that this:

There's lots of newage weekend workshops to help with that...

means that you don't think it's a viable/real/doable practice. Am I correct in thinking this?

Though there are of course no absolutes, I have an aversion to new age themed events also (I get the impression that you do to), but, again, there are no absolutes, and you never know what you'll find somewhere until you experience it for yourself. :)

Any-hooo, it's not JUST new age circles that speak of such practices, but, it's in yogic literature and from reputable yogic sources (I don't know about other traditions, as, yogic is where the majority of my spiritual reading has been, and, as said before, even those areas I haven't done much if anything on magic): http://sivanandaonline.org/public_html/?cmd=displaysection&section_id=1435 :)

So, sincerely, to you magic peoples:

Query for all you magic beings here:

In your opinion is it:

A: possible to tap into the akashic field (or whatever you want to call it), tap into universal mind, whatever, whatever is a synonymous word/concept in your vocabulary and obtain ANY information/knowledge/skill?

B: how do you do this?

I'm sure it's no low level practice, but, once cracked, arguably it would cut down on a lot of reading ;)

References/books/techniques, etc, appreciated. :)

• Like 1

This might have some interesting bits ?

Dont know, havent read it, someone recommended it to me

http://www.amazon.com/Margins-Reality-Consciousness-Physical-World/dp/1936033003

" Drawing on the results of their first decade of empirical experimentation and theoretical modeling in their Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) program, the authors reach provocative conclusions about the interaction of human consciousness with physical devices, "

• Like 1

Query for all you magic beings here:

In your opinion is it:

A: possible to tap into the akashic field (or whatever you want to call it) and obtain ANY information/knowledge/skill?

B: how do you do this?

I'm sure it's no low level practice, but, once cracked, arguably it would cut down on a lot of reading ;)

References/books/techniques, etc, appreciated. :)

For anyone who has searched akashic record/field etc and come across this thread and is wondering about resources to access it, I started reading the latest Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce and, I haven't reached the chapter yet, but it's one of the final chapters in the book, stuff on akashic record and how to access it.

As Robert Bruce is generally pretty highly regarded by many, including many reputable/accept no bullshit Taobummers (haha taobummers) then it's reasonable to infer that the techniques are workable/legit. I think they probably just require the pre-requesite of being able to do conscious exit.

BaguaKicksAss:

You said:

I just re-read the topic title, and realized I had no answered the OP's question.

I would say complete change (for the better) within myself many times, over the years.

This complete inner change is something I've been looking at for many years, and is part of why I pursue these matters at all. Could you elaborate? Did you change your core - what now you consider it to be - and was it something you specifically targeted? Did your physiology change simultaneously?

Thank you in advance!

Mandrake

BaguaKicksAss:

You said:

This complete inner change is something I've been looking at for many years, and is part of why I pursue these matters at all. Could you elaborate? Did you change your core - what now you consider it to be - and was it something you specifically targeted? Did your physiology change simultaneously?

Thank you in advance!

Mandrake

On the path we are always striving for positive and progressive internal change :). That is sort of the whole idea really. Sometimes this internal change does involve external manifestation of things to improve our lives, but essentially it is about changing ourselves for growth and also so we can manifest all we need, and to help others. I have personally found that both internal and externally things have changed for me for the better. For example, gotten rid of most negative bad habits and things which were not serving me on a higher level. Grown stronger as a person, as well as spiritually. Gotten past most of my own self important crap. Worked through some difficult past issues. Much less angst (should have seen me as a teenager lol). I would say I have many times let go of my old and worn out who I was in favor of change and growth. If we stay the same each year, we have been slacking on our homework I figure.

Yes very very intentional. self refinement and alchemical transformations are the ideas I go for. One can't go far if we just allow our limited concept of self, ruled by all of our biases, ego and issues, run the show. I feel that continual letting go of the clinging onto who we are is so very important along the path. While we have to find ourselves and our own inner power, we also have to embrace change and be willing to let go of all hat we thought was us and it.

Also a stronger connection with magic in general and the forces that be :).

This is really really difficult to put into words actually, I hope it made sense.

• Like 3

On the path we are always striving for positive and progressive internal change :). That is sort of the whole idea really. Sometimes this internal change does involve external manifestation of things to improve our lives, but essentially it is about changing ourselves for growth and also so we can manifest all we need, and to help others. I have personally found that both internal and externally things have changed for me for the better. For example, gotten rid of most negative bad habits and things which were not serving me on a higher level. Grown stronger as a person, as well as spiritually. Gotten past most of my own self important crap. Worked through some difficult past issues. Much less angst (should have seen me as a teenager lol). I would say I have many times let go of my old and worn out who I was in favor of change and growth. If we stay the same each year, we have been slacking on our homework I figure.

Yes very very intentional. self refinement and alchemical transformations are the ideas I go for. One can't go far if we just allow our limited concept of self, ruled by all of our biases, ego and issues, run the show. I feel that continual letting go of the clinging onto who we are is so very important along the path. While we have to find ourselves and our own inner power, we also have to embrace change and be willing to let go of all hat we thought was us and it.

Also a stronger connection with magic in general and the forces that be :).

This is really really difficult to put into words actually, I hope it made sense.

BKA:

It makes sense. Thank you for putting it into words.

Usually, many of the people who get attracted to magic in the first place, seem to go into it because there's a bruise somewhere internally that wants to control the outer environment. The "promise" to be able to shape the world to get riches, love, sex, power... of course that is good marketing. But what you describe is quite different. How did you enter magic, and how did you embark on self-betterment? Did it come gradually, or did you have the fortune to meet a good teacher early?

When you speak about the intentional improvements, what tools are there out there? What teachings would you recommend one to look into to get started with this? Is the understanding of what to change and into what something that comes from magical practice and abilities themselves?

With great interest,

Mandrake

• Like 1