Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

Master speaks on the Tao: Life is not sacred

Straw dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

Were you perhaps thinking of Joe Cocker's "Mad Dogs and Englisnmen"?

I avoid the midday sun as if I were a vampire...

Pale Viking Loves the Sun... but from the shade of a big beautiful tree :)

He! I was working outside this morning, first in the gardens and then at the ponds. When I finished for the day and came in the house the temperature was at 101 degrees. Even Vikings would be able to handle that.

He! I was working outside this morning, first in the gardens and then at the ponds. When I finished for the day and came in the house the temperature was at 101 degrees. Even Vikings would be able to handle that.

True enough.

I am often building scenery outside in SoCal in 100+ weather, 12 hours a day for 60-90 days in a row... ugh don't remind me, another one is coming up soon.

At work I can just focus on the work and it goes away for the most part. It bothers me more when I'm just hanging out.

Although I have learned via experience and now follow a lesson from our brothers and sisters in the Middle East.

I wear long sleeves and pants in the sun. All loose fitting, light material and light colored, with a Big Giant God Sized Hat!

I don't even own shorts anymore and I live in Cali... ha!

It always strikes me though, when working in that kind of heat, how much water we use.

Drink gallons of water a day and never need to pee...

• Like 1

Humour is a funny thing isn't it?

I wonder how well Mr Carlin or Lenny Bruce ( for two examples) went over with middle or mainstream Americans?

Pre- Python here we had the Cambridge Footlights Review and that humour only really worked with people who had been to university.

Us working class oiks were laughing at 'Carry On' movies and Benny Hill.

The 'posh' stuff we simply did not 'get' as being funny.

Both Carlin and Benny hill certainly had their mainstream fans (in their heyday) , I liked Benny Hill too, as a kid , (Lenny Bruce I dont know at all). I wouldnt be surprised at all If Carlin's fans leaned toward folks of a similar bent , educated liberal, probably young males, anti establishment etc.

( Oh ,and sacred means youre supposed to be scared of offending it , which is why its almost spelled the same )

• Like 1

Dolly Parton closed the Glastonbury Festival yesterday.

Fabulous set.

She played the Benny Hill theme on a sax during her act.

Crowd loved it.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

( Oh ,and sacred means youre supposed to be scared of offending it , which is why its almost spelled the same )

Yes, I'm very scared. Can you see me shivering?

Dolly Parton closed the Glastonbury Festival yesterday.

Fabulous set.

She played the Benny Hill theme on a sax during her act.

Crowd loved it.

Dolly Parton has a fabulous set ... that's headline news.

Sign in to follow this