True that we can't predict the future but we can make our best guess based on many things.

But there is always a reaction resulting from any action. No action, no reaction. But this is from a personal view. Other actions that are going on around us will have reactions and we just might be able to prevent some of the more negative ones.

BTW Two nights ago Nat Geo Wild had a one-hour documentary on dragonflies. I caught the last 15 minutes of it. Looked like it was a pretty good coverage of the buggers. You might want to look for a rerun of it or maybe an on-line version.

True that we can't predict the future but we can make our best guess based on many things.

But there is always a reaction resulting from any action. No action, no reaction. But this is from a personal view. Other actions that are going on around us will have reactions and we just might be able to prevent some of the more negative ones.

BTW Two nights ago Nat Geo Wild had a one-hour documentary on dragonflies. I caught the last 15 minutes of it. Looked like it was a pretty good coverage of the buggers. You might want to look for a rerun of it or maybe an on-line version.

I imagine it would have been interesting. :)

I think 'Go and sin no more' was for the benefit of her self esteem. The Master would have known that she could develop no further as long as she was plagued with self-hate - which she would be if she were a woman living "in sin" in her mind - not for the benefit of how society saw her. She was her own worst enemy, as he thoughts remained so close to the ground.

I think this was also an affirmation that, after that particular moment in time, something was "different". She had a clean slate, to her. She had been 'forgiven' and was no longer judged to be a woman of low esteem (at least in her mind) and now had a real shot at Awakening.

it's not dissimilar from a very deep dynamic shamanic healing where the cause of the malady is addressed. Perhaps there was more to the conversation than that recorded in the Bible.

Or maybe she gave the whole village herpes,

and the thing about throwing rocks was going to be in a constant danger of repeating.

• Like 1

Or maybe she gave the whole village herpes,

If that were the case then the whole village would need be stoned. (Or maybe they already were.)

If that were the case then the whole village would need be stoned. (Or maybe they already were.)

Yep, makes sense doesnt it , gives em reason to stone their own prostitute -sickness equated at the time as just reward for sin, then they had sinned as well , the guilt trip would work , and it would have the fear for thier own deaths to compound its effect.

But if she kept with the business, well then eventually someone was going to put an end to it.

yeah they could all be stoned -causing irrational acts , but if they had grass , they would be home eating snacks . And if it was something like ergot , I doubt youd get em to back off with a guilt trip.

Edited by Stosh

Shot in the dark here guys...

Summary of what John of Patmos wrote in Revelation...( for one example)...

Chapter 6

In this chapter, the lamb opens the first six seals on the scroll, one by one. Heres what happens at each breaking:

1. A conqueror on a white horse appears, and gallops off to do some conquering.

2. A man on a red horse appears. He is able to take peace from the earth and make people kill each other.

3. A man on a black horse appears. He has a scale in his hands. The four animals with eyes all over their bodies make a rather Python-esque remark about the cost of a days wages and being careful not to damage the oil and wine.

4. Death appears on a pale horse, with Hades behind him. The four horsemen are now complete. Death is given a quarter of the earth to kill via the sword, famine, plague, and wild beasts.

5. All those who died for their beliefs appear beneath the altar, seeking vengeance. Theyre told to wait just a little longer.

6. All hell breaks loose. The sun turns black, the moon turns red, the stars fall to the earth, mountains and islands are removed. Everyone hides in caves in the mountains and bemoans the impending wrath of God.

Summary of what John of Patmos meant to write there....

" I had some more of those tasty little mushrooms for my supper last night."

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

I miss the significance of the geocentrism ,GMP , though I'd agree it is there to see.

John of Patmos, the one boiled in oil preaching all the while ? , certainly a supper of Something

" I had some more of those tasty little mushrooms for my supper last night."

That was my impression.

• Like 1

I miss the significance of the geocentrism ,GMP , though I'd agree it is there to see.

John of Patmos, the one boiled in oil preaching all the while ? , certainly a supper of Something

Yeah me too. I lost that geocentrism riff on the edit..