GrandmasterP

Upping Sticks

Well this past week has been a game changer for us here at Chez GMP.

We've decided to up sticks and remove from formerly 'deeply rural' to even more deeply isolated sea side.

The village next to us is expanding with a 150 home 'executive detached' new estate going up and there's even talk of a bus service.

The road by our place seldom saw three cars a day when we moved here now it's almost busy.

We've really noticed the 'noise' since we got back.

Making an offer on a 200+ year old fisherman's cottage out on a wind swept promontory tomorrow and this old pile goes onto the market on Thursday once the surveyor has done his best.

I left school age 15 and straight into full time coolie work followed by the army, just as soon as I discovered that manual work and me didn't really get along.

I'm 62 now and after 47 years at work have never yet developed any taste for it.

Enough's enough.

I shall become a Tao Beach-Bum.

Requesting talismans, spells, incantations, chants plus whatever else works for a speedy sale and seamless move.

( Ever the optimist).

Note to self circa June 2014.

DON'T DO IT!

Oooops, too late, we did.

Bleddy awful time of it here right now.

Gales, floods, baling out water butts in the night so that wash house won't flood.

At least the rats are keeping their heads down, probably too wet for them to venture out.

Man did we make a mistake!

:(

Note to self circa June 2014. DON'T DO IT! Oooops, too late, we did. Bleddy awful time of it here right now. Gales, floods, baling out water butts in the night so that wash house won't flood. At least the rats are keeping their heads down, probably too wet for them to venture out. Man did we make a mistake! :(

You need to adjust. Dig some drainage trenches in the spring or whatever ... you'll get to love it soon. Chin up matey.

• Like 1

I think you always find a load of problems when you move somewhere new. After you deal with them you start to remember why you bought the place and it all becomes a lot happier. Where I am now took a lot of getting used to. I'm ok now but I used to have to escape every month or so just to get my sanity back. So just give it time I say.

• Like 1

I still do that and I been here 20+ years .... I have been in bliss I realised ... now the rain, the bugs, the rapid growth, the mould is starting to set in. We normally get a few floods a year, havent had one, when one comes I will be going )What was I thinking ! I cant live here ... then the heat, and the cicadas will start and and and ....

But a month ago, I slept outside on the grass, naked under the stars ... and and and .

But I do have this picture of you slowly turning into ....

7950667906_23198504ed.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2