Kajenx

Mastering the emotions

Haven't been following this whole thread - but i can add that the lack of highs and lows, once one is Self-Realized, is replaced by a type of Joy that is with you always. It is with you even through tears---my kitten was recently run over on the highway and I cried my eyes out. And although it ripped my heart out, there was something about crying that hard that felt really good. I'm sure the kitten grief was a proxy for unresolved issues within me to release as well.

I think this relates to the idea that the positive and negative aspect of emotions are separate from the physical manifestation. Sadness can feel good or bad, like you say. Except I've been re-labeling the emotions depending on the combination of the two, so a positive sadness could be called compassion instead, or nostalgia in situations that aren't tragic. (Sorry about your kitty. :() Would you say that what you're referring to as Self-realization creates a kind of automatic acceptance of the internal states? Acceptance has, in my experience so far, been the chief cause of the transition from negative to positive, and I think I can recognize the joy you're referring to - though it isn't with me all the time.

The emotionless state - or the state free of internal feelings/contractions - seems to come out of this joy you're referring to. That might sound like a downgrade, but it doesn't feel that way to me. More like a natural evolution of the letting go process.

• Like 3

:) If it works for you, well and good. Over here, if that was done in certain places, one would get arrested. The hospital is one of these places, another one would be in the airports. Airport security can be quite jumpy as regards to sudden loud noises.

Also, there are some German chain supermarkets here that has a really weird customer check-out system. No matter how busy the place is, the maximum number of check-out assistants they will assign to handle the flow is 2, when its super duper frenetic. Other than this, under normal 'busy', only one lane will be opened, regardless. Plus, 95% of these stores have only 3 check-out lanes. A couple of mega stores will have 4. Somehow, one of the lanes is never, ever opened, for some strange reason. Maybe reserved in the event of a stampede. I dunno. :D

Hehehe. Yes, I have some recall still of my time in Germany. Government and industry has the sheeple well trianed there. "You have to do what we want you to do and there are no alternatives."

The reason they don't hire another check-out cashier is that they have to keep reminding you that they are in charge. And besides, it helps the bottom line profits, profits earned by inconviencing the consumer. They keep forgetting that if they didn't have consumers there would be no profits at all.

Oh, sure, I can understand the hospitals and airports. But to stand in line fifteen minutes just so I can give them my money is unacceptable, in my opinion.

Most of the stores in my area are installing self-check-out lanes. I don't use them. Reason? Because it allows them to not hire people. People now are without a job and the industry is earning a bigger profit.

Haha, I've always liked waiting in line. It means there's nothing else to do or think about for a while - simplifies life for the few minutes you're standing there.

Hehehe. if that works for you then good. Personally, I would rather be doing something I want to do instead of doing what someone else wants me to do.

Would you say that what you're referring to as Self-realization creates a kind of automatic acceptance of the internal states? Acceptance has, in my experience so far, been the chief cause of the transition from negative to positive, and I think I can recognize the joy you're referring to - though it isn't with me all the time.

The emotionless state - or the state free of internal feelings/contractions - seems to come out of this joy you're referring to. That might sound like a downgrade, but it doesn't feel that way to me. More like a natural evolution of the letting go process.

Yes, the Joy accepts the internal states. It is as a result of becoming a positive person, particularly if one was previously a negative person! The acceptance you speak of I received as a result of stripping myself down to the core, (out of necessity). To stay sober, I had to remove all traces of negativity I could find. The Joy isn't like a roller-coaster up and down thing. It's a constant emission, a radiation from the heart.

... a radiation from the heart.

Be careful of that radiation - it can destroy your white blood cells.

• Like 1

Yes, the Joy accepts the internal states. It is as a result of becoming a positive person, particularly if one was previously a negative person! The acceptance you speak of I received as a result of stripping myself down to the core, (out of necessity). To stay sober, I had to remove all traces of negativity I could find. The Joy isn't like a roller-coaster up and down thing. It's a constant emission, a radiation from the heart.

I wonder if a lot of us aren't forced into some kind of action regarding mental development. I used to have terrible anxiety problems which made me to keep working until they were resolved. It wasn't something I could keep living with.

Suffering certainly is a motivator, but that doesnt mean that the reaction to ,said suffering, is going to be 'the ticket out', take a gander at any dysfunctional relationship or neurotic behavior and you may notice that these things arent self rectifying.

The suffering is purposeless or ,at best, its a negative side effect of that which is in some way beneficial.

Though , if you find a purpose that lies behind a stubbed toe or genetic malady, and youll have proved this incorrect at least to some degree.

Haha, I've always liked waiting in line. It means there's nothing else to do or think about for a while - simplifies life for the few minutes you're standing there.

Lucky you. I'm burdened by all kinds of thoughts, each waking moment of my life. Even if I were to stand in line for hours each day, I wouldn't run out of fantasies to indulge in.

Lucky you. I'm burdened by all kinds of thoughts, each waking moment of my life. Even if I were to stand in line for hours each day, I wouldn't run out of fantasies to indulge in.

You must still be fairly young.