Harmonious Emptiness

Theory: proof of chi is in the electrical pulses of the brain

Harmonious Emptiness, here is a web page with links to a number of scientifc studies or related in regards to qigong and qi research.

Qigong Institute - Scientific Papers

http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/papers.php

Thanks for the website. I found the following to be the most direct:

http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/Chen/Waiqianalysis_0704.pdf

looking forward to reading it more in-depth.

Penrose is one of the smartest men of his generation.

He might be even smarter than me!

But I prefer to think that consciousness creates micro tubules, rather than micro tubules create consciousness.

But then, it probably depends on what you mean by consciousness.

Some might prefer to say the two are connected and reciprocal, which may be in true in middle earth.

Perhaps the world is created by the worldly consciousness, and the worldly consciousness is in turn created by the world.

Clear as mud.

No matter.

But I think many folk (no-one here, of course, you're far too clever for that) reflexively adopt a materialist reductionist paradigm without even thinking about it.

• Like 2

Either way, even if it is a vibration or oscillation (any oscillation creates vibrational frequency, so either way), wouldn't that wave be a form of energy in itself, not unlike....... chi!!

Yep. That's the ultimate question, isn't it?

I glanced over some links I was thinking of posting, but it's probably better if I describe it in terms of my own current (limited) understanding for the moment.

In quick summary, vectors are composed of direction and magnitude, while scalars are only magnitude. In a sense they don't extend out into space like vectors do, but rather reach INWARD, and thus can connect with 'like' magnitudes.

Thanks, your personal understanding was what I was hoping to hear. Any more you would like to share or any links you would like to post would be appreciated.

Edited by Creation

As you said, yes, it's not something they will understand in their current paradigm of knowledge, especially without sincere practice and success in chi gung.

Wasn't able to find the Russian footage. Would you have any links?

You would have to look for something like Secrets from behind the Iron Curtain or Psychic secrets from behind the Iron curtain.

The footage can also be found in searches relating to kirilian photography and Russia.

I saw a video of a person that projects numbers into a sealed box and when the plates are developed the thought forms are quite clear.

• Like 1

I think most people these days are familiar with the concept of world views and how this can affect people's perception and willingness to look at things in new ways. The mind wants to hold and consider all sorts of ideas and concepts, but mainly only in a way in which these ideas and concepts fit in with a person's core belief structure (world view). Going along with this, we also have a tendency to ignore, dismiss, or even attack ideas and concepts or the people associated with those ideas and concepts which do not fit in well with our world view. This means that we would rather (seemingly more subconsciously than consciously) hold to concepts and ideas which really do not make a whole lot of sense, or which really do not have any real sound basis, than consider other ideas and concepts which tend to conflict with our world view. :) This really does apply to anyone in this world whether they are scientists, or theologists, or atheists, or skeptics, or mystics, or taoists, or buddhists, or whatever. :) IMO, we can only have a chance of moving towards a wider and deeper understanding of things if we are willing to look into our beliefs and understand how they may be limiting us and shaping our perception of the world around us. In my view (ha ha) it doesn't make any difference at all whether a person is a scientist or a mystic or whatever, if they are not willing to look into and work with the limiting structure and nature of their belief system.

When we are talking about a concept of 'qi', we are talking about something which appears to operate at a level which interacts with the very core structures of life and matter. I would say that a better understanding of something like qi will only start to come when people (including anyone, scientist or mystic or doctor or anyone) are better able to work with their limiting views and beliefs and have a real willingness to consider phenomena of this sort more as they really are than how we would like to see them and arrange them into our world views. I think the world is slowly moving more and more in this direction, but this sort of process seems to need a lot of time, but I think in the last few hundred years or so we have been moving more and more in this direction and even much more so in the last 100 years or so. As has been noted by others, breakthroughs in areas like quantum physics and related seem to be starting to bridge the gap more and more between scientific and mystical approaches and views, and who knows where our understanding will be in another 50 or 100 years? In my view there is at least a real potential there. :)

• Like 2

I think most people these days are familiar with the concept of world views and how this can affect people's perception and willingness to look at things in new ways. The mind wants to hold and consider all sorts of ideas and concepts, but mainly only in a way in which these ideas and concepts fit in with a person's core belief structure (world view). Going along with this, we also have a tendency to ignore, dismiss, or even attack ideas and concepts or the people associated with those ideas and concepts which do not fit in well with our world view. This means that we would rather (seemingly more subconsciously than consciously) hold to concepts and ideas which really do not make a whole lot of sense, or which really do not have any real sound basis, than consider other ideas and concepts which tend to conflict with our world view. :) This really does apply to anyone in this world whether they are scientists, or theologists, or atheists, or skeptics, or mystics, or taoists, or buddhists, or whatever. :) IMO, we can only have a chance of moving towards a wider and deeper understanding of things if we are willing to look into our beliefs and understand how they may be limiting us and shaping our perception of the world around us. In my view (ha ha) it doesn't make any difference at all whether a person is a scientist or a mystic or whatever, if they are not willing to look into and work with the limiting structure and nature of their belief system.

When we are talking about a concept of 'qi', we are talking about something which appears to operate at a level which interacts with the very core structures of life and matter. I would say that a better understanding of something like qi will only start to come when people (including anyone, scientist or mystic or doctor or anyone) are better able to work with their limiting views and beliefs and have a real willingness to consider phenomena of this sort more as they really are than how we would like to see them and arrange them into our world views. I think the world is slowly moving more and more in this direction, but this sort of process seems to need a lot of time, but I think in the last few hundred years or so we have been moving more and more in this direction and even much more so in the last 100 years or so. As has been noted by others, breakthroughs in areas like quantum physics and related seem to be starting to bridge the gap more and more between scientific and mystical approaches and views, and who knows where our understanding will be in another 50 or 100 years? In my view there is at least a real potential there. :)

Excellent post.

It would be interesting to hear the scientific community realize how chi is operating in the physical structures of the body.

I think there is certainly something to chi carrying information which operates on a super-conscious (sub-conscious) level, understood by another's chi which communicates to their bodily structures/systems.

It would be something so part of nature though that it couldn't be fully explained. It's like a flower. We understand a few things about how and why flowers grow, but can anyone make a flower? No! They can cause a flower to grow, but they have no idea how to make a flower because it requires the whole balance of the cosmos to make a flower. Nature is a trillion light-years beyond science and technology.

However, in looking at the physical signs, what I think they might find is that there is a harmonic basis to the phenomena. They said that the microtubules may be stimulated by anharmonic events, ie., changes of continuous patterns. I think there may be something to this which could explain how chi effects someone via chi-projection in healing. I don't believe in a violent projection of chi force strong enough to knock someone over, but there is evidence of being able to influence someone's body internally.

Perhaps science will see some harmonic reason for this, however they will never be able to produce the same effects with machines any more than they will be able to build flowers out of chlorophyll. It is the energy of nature, and the intelligence in that energy, which does the work.

Maybe, like zoologists noting travel patterns of animals, they will one day find out the routes and influences of these things, but they will never be able to replace the birds with their graphs and spreadsheets. Period.

In any case, in searching for these patters, I think they will find some significant information in the energy signals traveling through the nervous system.

thanks for your contributions everyone

Thanks [NotVoid] for the website. I found the following to be the most direct:

http://www.qigonginstitute.org/html/Chen/Waiqianalysis_0704.pdf

looking forward to reading it more in-depth.

Below is an important excerpt from this paper, proving the effectiveness of projected chi in healing:

Alternative Therapies. July/Aug 2004, VOL. 10. No.4.

Analytic Review of External Qi Studies

[….]

(pp. 6-7)

[EQ= external qi/chi, projected chi, wai qi]

A number of reports show that biological detectors produce more comprehensive results than physical detectors. Chu of Peking University reported significant effects of EQ on the change of conformation in various bio-molecular materials. Chen of Shanghai Academy of Chinese Medicine revealed the effects of qigong on liver cancer cells (BEL-7402) and lung cancer cell cultures (SPC-A). Zhou showed the effect of EQ on the cells of living organisms. Cheng reported the effect of EQ on the blood plasma. Guo reported an effect of EQ on the structure and pharmaceutical characteristics of Vitamin C. Li and her colleague at Chinese Academy of Medical Science recorded effect of EQ on the DNA synthesis and living cycles of liver cancer cells. Yan et al. of Congqigong College of Chinese Medicine reported that EQ could alter the phase behavior of dipalmitoyl phosphatidyl choline (DPPC) liposomes, enables the growth of protein crystals. Feng et al. of Navel General Hospital reported the significant effects of EQ on the microstructure of E-coli bacteria and tumor cells in mice.

Yin et al reported the inhibitory effect of EQ on the growth of hepatitis B virus in vitro. Zhang and colleagues in Chinese Academy of Medical Science uncovered the inhibitory effect of EQ on the growth of human liver cancer cells (BEL-7402). All these studies have demonstrated the simplicity, practicality, accuracy and uniqueness of using biological detectors as a means to measure the EQ effect. A few examples are presented below:

In 1980, Xu and Zhao of the High Energy Physics Institute of Shanghai used tree leaves to detect the effect of EQ, which is one of the classic, well-known studies in biological detectors. The research protocol is very simple. It used a fresh tree leaf as the sensor, with two extra-fine probes inserted into different veins of the selected leaf, and connected them to an electronic signal amplifier to adjust the amplification. During these experiments, they were able to detect field potentials from the tree leaves before any external intervention. When the qigong healer emitted qi to the leaves at the distance of 50 cm, the observable field potential was several times stronger. When the qi emission was stopped, the signal strength returned to its baseline. In the control group, where a 35°C heating device was used at the same distance, the leaves showed no response (to exclude the possibility that the detected change was due to the body temperature of the qigong healer). When a qigong non-practitioner treated the leaves, there was no effect. These “tree leaf sensors” can be used continuously for eight hours, andthen they need to be replaced with new leaves. From the viewpoint of traditional science, these “tree leaf sensors” do not truly meet the conventional standard of a detector, nor do they have perfect reliability of performance; however, they became a classic biological detector in the study of EQ.

Related to the use of plants as detectors of EQ effect, many researchers have reported that effects of EQ could significantly accelerate the germination and growth of various plant seeds, including rice, wheat, peas, beans, peanuts, various flowers and many others. These findings also support the existence of EQ effect based on the unusual biological response to the qi energy. Feng and her colleagues at the Center for Immunological Research in Beijing conducted a series of studies on the possible bi-directional effects of EQ with healer Bao Guiwen on the growth of bacteria (E-coli) -- inhibition or acceleration -- depending upon the intent of qigong practitioner. When the intent of the qigong healer was to destroy the bacteria, the inhibitory rate of the E-coli growth in comparison with the control group ranged from 45% to 91%. Under the same conditions, when the intent of qigong healer was to accelerate the growth of the bacteria, the rate of E-coli growth in the qigong group was 2.3 to 6.9 times faster than that of the control group. She repeated the studies 20 times before publishing the results. Studies such as this formally introduced the concept of intent or directionality into the exploration of EQ effect.

After Feng’s report, more people realized that the EQ of qigong practitioners does not necessarily have the same effect all the time, as does physical material or medical equipment. The effect of EQ may change with the consciousness (intent) of the healer. Some scientists then started to design research on the possibility of using EQ to change the characteristics of antibiotics or to select certain desired qualities of the antibacterial products by human intent. Among the studies of this type, positive results have been achieved through the cooperation between Gu of the Chinese Pharmaceutical University (Nanjing) and the North China Pharmaceutical Company. Gu applied EQ or intent of qigong healer to select “directionally” the proper bacteria producing antibiotics, and achieved wide application in pharmaceutical development with a high economic return – the pharmaceutical company paid for their research continuously in this area. In their early studies, EQ from qigong healers worked as physicomutagen in industrial production of antibiotics. They investigated the effect of mutation to mydecamycin producing strain (streptomyces mycarofarieus nov.S.10204) by EQ or the healer’s intent in comparison with the uv method. In the attempt to select mutants with high productivity of MDM, the mutants of EQ0002 and EQ0022 were isolated from parent strain (S.10204) by the qigong healer. They found that production of MDM from the mutant strain was greatly increased by 45.6 % and 49.5% respectively. Unfortunately, the detailed characteristics of these new antibiotics were not reported in the literature.

From 1990 on, Chu of Peking University has tested more than 20 qigong healers in controlled studies to explore the effects of EQ on the conformation of bio-molecules. In her study, a circular dichroism (CD) spectrum was used to monitor the conformation of various bio-molecules. Among various testing materials were poly-glutamic acid, poly-lysine, metallothionein, and some RNAs. After a hundred trials were repeated by different qigong healers and control groups, they found that the CD spectra of bio-molecule samples were changed significantly after exposure to EQ in comparison with both controls and the baseline. In general, the changes of the CD characteristic elliptisity were over the range of 1-10 x 10, and the maximum was 93.9 x 10. The change of elliptisity could be positive or negative depending on the intent of the qigong healer when he emitted EQ. Here again, the bi-directional effects of EQ were reported in biological detectors. No significant changes were observed for the control groups. Her results indicated that the EQ of qigong healers might change the conformation of bio-molecules by making them more orderly or converting them into greater disorder. The National Science Foundation in China formally funded the continuation of this project in 1999.

• Like 1

Regarding Kirilian photography:

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/k/kirlian_photography.html

Excerpt:

Kirlian's work mainly gained attention in the west during the 1960. Its reception was mixed. However, scientist met on the process at Alma Ata in 1966. Biophysicist Viktor Adamenko theorized that the energy field was the "cold emission of electrons," and the patterns they formed might suggest new information concerning the life processes od animate objects. One finding of Adamenko and other Soviet scientists was that the biological energies of human beings were brightest at 700 points on the body which concurs with Chinese acupuncture.

There is evidence that Kirlan photographs do give indications of the health and emotional changes in living things by changes in the brightness, color, and patterns of light. At the University of California Center for Health Sciences, a plant's leaf showed changes when being approached by a human hand and pricked. Even when part of the leaf was cut off, the glowing portion of the amputated portion still appeared on film.

Other researchers have found that changes in the emotional conditions of humans can be detected by changes in the brightness, color and formation patterns in the photographs. When psychic healers and the psychokinetic metal-bender Uri Geller were photographed flares of light were seen streaming from their fingertips as they performed their respective activities.

Many Kirlain enthusiasts declare that the leaf phenomenon is evidence for the existence of an etheric body. But, critics state the phenomenon completely disproves Kirlin photography. The latter contention is that "If the method truly photographed a biofield, then the aura should disappear when an organism dies. The effect is produced solely by a high-voltage electric field breakdown of air molecules between two condenser plates."

Supporters of Kirlain photography do, however, foresee its applications in diagnostic medicine. It has been used in the detection of cancer with only a sporadic success rate. Some envision that it will eventually be connected to computerized tomography (CT) scanners (advanced versions of axial tomography or CAT scanners, which utilize a thin beam of X-rays to photograph an object from 360 degrees) and magnetic resonance imaging(MRI). This latter method uses no X-rays, but employs magnetic fields to produce images of body cells and water in tissues.

Kirlain photography has been used by the Soviets in sports psychology to access an athlete's metabolic process and fitness. A.G.H.

End of excerpt.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

before the body exerts power there's strength

before it exerts strength there's energy

so how do they say that chi/energy doesn't exist, and that there's no way to conduct and control that energy with one's intent?