SonOfTheGods

Best Book Recommendation For Maximum Cultivation Practices?

Sounds like you have most of the things we've suggested so far! I've read Meredith's book and really enjoyed it. Do you already have a T'ai Chi form you practice? If not, you might want to pick one up.

These are the T'ai Chi videos I would recommend:

Jerry Alan Johnson's Tai Chi: The Empowering Workout

Yang Style T'ai-Chi Ch'uan: Warm Ups, Standing Meditation, Ch'i Kung, First Section (volume 1)

Yang Style T'ai-Chi Ch'uan Solo Form and Applications (volume 2)

Whenever Meredith's Tai Chi PENG video comes out, I'll be getting that as well.

No Tai Chi here for me.

2 hours full lotus and about 30 minutes- 1 hour of standing cultivation daily.

Also powerlifting, MMA and yoga.

My daily activity is pretty full lol

• Like 1

No Tai Chi here for me.

2 hours full lotus and about 30 minutes- 1 hour of standing cultivation daily.

Also powerlifting, MMA and yoga.

My daily activity is pretty full lol

No kidding! What about Meredith's book interests you?

• Like 1

Juice! cultivation to the next level. I hope lol

Ah. Well, he ties it in pretty tightly to his practice of Cheng Man-Ch'ing's T'ai Chi; but still an interesting read, even for a non-T'ai Chi practitioner.

• Like 1

Ah. Well, he ties it in pretty tightly to his practice of Cheng Man-Ch'ing's T'ai Chi; but still an interesting read, even for a non-T'ai Chi practitioner.

But in practice, standing is easy to learn, so its not so much dependent on learning that form. I went to the workshop that Scott gave in December and the postures are easy to do and learn. I do a Wu style form but found the way he taught standing to be very useful and effective.

• Like 4

But in practice, standing is easy to learn, so its not so much dependent on learning that form. I went to the workshop that Scott gave in December and the postures are easy to do and learn. I do a Wu style form but found the way he taught standing to be very useful and effective.

Yeah, he says repeatedly in the book that you don't have to practice that particular form, but that you have to have some sort of practice. I wasn't aware that it could simply be a standing practice, but I guess I don't see any reason why it couldn't be either.

I have found that the best way for me to feel the energy movement he talks about is with silk-reeling-type exercises.

• Like 2

Whatever book/system you practice a few hours per day every single day, that one! :)

I`ve even seen people make some pretty awesome progress with some pretty sub par systems...

• Like 4

Whatever book/system you practice a few hours per day every single day, that one! :)

I`ve even seen people make some pretty awesome progress with some pretty sub par systems...

I agree.

The Universe connects the student to books

The Universe connects the student to dvds

The Universe connects the student to teachers

But the student must first connect to the Universe :)

On a side note:

If I was a female, and I practiced Bagua, my TTB name would be:

Bag_Lady :D

bag-lady-chic.jpg

Edited by SonOfTheGods