BaguaKicksAss

BKA's guide on how to pickup women.... and lizard people

Worse, it's intellectually lazy, especially when I provided clear reasons for saying what I said.

Instead, it's taken out of context and presented in a completely different context to create a meaning other than the intended one.

It's not just Brian. It's almost everyone else in the thread.

It's not even infuriating. It's just sad and depressing.

Cmon man. You think everyone is just intentionally misreading your posts? Doubtful. Perhaps youve kind of changed what you were actually saying more than a few times, just a possibility. Like the whole "larp" argument, you havent rebuked what I asserted so I can only assume you actually did mean it the way I interpreted. If you didnt, you should clarify, but since you seemed to stand by your original quote Im assuming I got it right.

Edit- you also really shouldnt take all this that seriously, After all, you probably arent going to change peoples minds on this subject who dont already agree with you and vice versa. so just have fun with it its a message board lol.

Edited by bax44

You think everyone is just intentionally misreading your posts?

No.

I think they're UNintentionally misreading.

That's for worse, and more disturbing.

Like the whole "larp" argument, you havent rebuked what I asserted so I can only assume you actually did mean it the way I interpreted.

I already address it.

If you didnt, you should clarify

Why? After 20 odd pages it's apparently people won't argue with what I'm saying. They'll argue with what they think I'm saying.

• Like 1

Edit- you also really shouldnt take all this that seriously, After all, you probably arent going to change peoples minds on this subject who dont already agree with you and vice versa. so just have fun with it its a message board lol.

You should be more confident.

• Like 1

No.

I think they're UNintentionally misreading.

That's for worse, and more disturbing.

Wow this is serious bizness apparently :huh:

I already address it.

Why? After 20 odd pages it's apparently people won't argue with what I'm saying. They'll argue with what they think I'm saying.

Well sorry you feel that way, and since you and I have gone back and forth quite a bit I can only assume you are including me. I can assure you there is little wrong with my reading comprehension or ability to discern whats being said, so its a little insulting that you would presume such a thing or think your being persecuted lol. Everyone has different viewpoints and obviously its a hard medium to grasp totally everything. For my part I try to do the best I can.

So thought I'd play the devil's advocate here (since this thread already seems destined for a certain place within a few pages)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

Though this fortunately isn't a majority of the population by any means.

1371640-sad0.jpg

2449_7867_03B.jpg

2449_7867_04B.jpg

2449_7867_05B.jpg

2449_7867_06B.jpg

:ninja:

Hm, Brian was being unfair/unkind with that statement he made, because what he said was 'slipping roofies', which is 'premeditation', entirely different from actual rape.

True, let me restate:

Sloppy, your assertion that offering to buy a girl a drink in hopes that you might get to talk with her and slipping a roofie in her drink in hope that you might get to rape her have some sort of moral equivalency is disturbing. Likewise, the position that any two points on a spectrum are effectively indistinguishable is also bizarre. If you feel everyone is introducing absurdity to counter your argument, perhaps you should consider the possibility that your argument is absurd?

• Like 1

Or I could just pretend my whole life and hope it sticks :o

It will.

They don't say "fake it til you make it" for nothing.

I mean, as meditators/qigong people we should know that your physiology can affect mental behavior. And vice versa.

Acting more confident will MAKE you more confident. Even if you aren't confident. Amazing.

True, let me restate: Sloppy, your assertion that offering to buy a girl a drink in hopes that you might get to talk with her and slipping a roofie in her drink in hope that you might get to rape her have some sort of moral equivalency is disturbing. Likewise, the position that any two points on a spectrum are effectively indistinguishable is also bizarre. If you feel everyone is introducing absurdity to counter your argument, perhaps you should consider the possibility that your argument is absurd?

That was never my position.

My position was that they are two separate points on the same spectrum.

What is bizarre is people acting like they are on different spectra.

Oh and not admitting you are into "Larp" or whatever early on with a girl is actually nothing but supplication.

Larp? Live Action Role play?

Just trying to keep up with some of the abbreviations in the thread.

You could ask if she'll Larp the Gor Novels! :o

• Like 1

Larp? Live Action Role play?

Just trying to keep up with some of the abbreviations in the thread.

You could ask if she'll Larp the Gor Novels! :o

Lol yes. I had to look it up myself.

It will.

They don't say "fake it til you make it" for nothing.

I mean, as meditators/qigong people we should know that your physiology can affect mental behavior. And vice versa.

Acting more confident will MAKE you more confident. Even if you aren't confident. Amazing.

Calm down killer, it was a joke.

1371640-sad0.jpg

2449_7867_03B.jpg

2449_7867_04B.jpg

2449_7867_05B.jpg

2449_7867_06B.jpg

:ninja:

But my debating (photos) response to your post would be against ToS lol :(

• Like 1

I'd say that they are. Both of them are manipulating the situation to get what you want.

One of them is "okay" and one of them is "not okay."

Should we tell people to stop buying girls drinks because it's exploitative of the situation and not genuine? She should want to talk to you regardless of whether you come bearing gifts. If not, she's not worth your time.

Men who drug women to rape them are the lowest sort of humans imo!

I'd like to give a roofie-drink to those men too and then I'd drop them in the following bar:

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

Not tell people one's main passions? Screw that ;). Well for me anyways. Did you know that some women do searches under interest for things like "qigong" and "magic" ;).

*deleted online dating rant*

I have many passions and I prefer not to sound pedantic if I can help it, I already fail at this quite a bit. I just say I do "Chinese yoga" and gong fu unless someone is interested in something deeper. Usually the women that have the same interests as I do in such things tend to ignore me entirely, which is sad but I've come to accept that it's the norm for online dating now.

[rant]I encountered a fellow "Daoist" on Plenty of Fish once. Basically she just took the story of the Vinegar Tasters to heart and had been through a world religion class at community college. When she asked what my views of Daoism consisted of she then attacked me for meditating as "teh real Dao don't meditate." I then asked her to explain all of the esoteric practices which have been made readily available over the years and the long history of esoteric tradition within Daoist sects. Having no answer she continued to say something to the effect of "you got no Dao." I then stopped talking to her altogether, I was no longer interested in someone who had dipped their toe into a barrel of vinegar and came back nothing but sour.[/rant]

• Like 3

Yeah unfortunately that is one reason that women are sometimes hesitant to accept a drink from a guy, or be alone with someone they don't know :(.

Call me paranoid but I always walk with the guy up to the bar... though I've noticed that guys usually offer this these days for the same reasons. Though I usually order bottled water ROFL.

• Like 1

Men who drug women to rape them are the lowest sort of humans imo!

I'd like to give a roofie-drink to those men too and then I'd drop them in the following bar:

Ironically, people have similar feelings about people running dom game :P

My point isn't to argue we should or shouldn't roofie people.

My point isn't to argue that we should or shouldn't run dom game.

My point isn't to argue that we should or shouldn't change our behavior to pick up a partner (at least, in this post, and in the initial response to brian) (cuz I'm sure bax is gonna come in here and be like "lol u were saying something else earlier" cuz I was responding to other posts).

If you say "don't change your behavior to meet someone you want to start a relationship with" and then in the same breath say "well yeah change your behavior around your 4 year old niece" or "yeah change your behavior in a job interview duh" and then, when I (or someone else) calls you out on it, and you say "no they're completely different," welllllllll

My point IS: they aren't completely different. They're different points on the same spectrum. Where you move the slider on what is "acceptable" and "unacceptable" is determined by a lot of factors.

Don't pretend like you have an issue with the spectrum. You've just decided that one aspect of that spectrum is okay, and the other is not.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 3

I have many passions and I prefer not to sound pedantic if I can help it, I already fail at this quite a bit. I just say I do "Chinese yoga" and gong fu unless someone is interested in something deeper. Usually the women that have the same interests as I do in such things tend to ignore me entirely, which is sad but I've come to accept that it's the norm for online dating now.

[rant]I encountered a fellow "Daoist" on Plenty of Fish once. Basically she just took the story of the Vinegar Tasters to heart and had been through a world religion class at community college. When she asked what my views of Daoism consisted of she then attacked me for meditating as "teh real Dao don't meditate." I then asked her to explain all of the esoteric practices which have been made readily available over the years and the long history of esoteric tradition within Daoist sects. Having no answer she continued to say something to the effect of "you got no Dao." I then stopped talking to her altogether, I was no longer interested in someone who had dipped their toe into a barrel of vinegar and came back nothing but sour.[/rant]

LOL OK good point, I also avoid dating most "magicians" ;).

That whole thing though, of people into the exact same thing not being interested, what's up with that? I've run into that a few times (and watched it with friends too). I guess just a matter of numbers... only a certain % have some interest. Then only a certain % have an interest in each person. So you take those two percentages and overlap the people... and well there's not many left...

• Like 2

Yep, I care not if someone shares my passions in these things as it is my path, not necessarily theirs. I care that the woman I am dating is able to speak intelligibly about what drives her, that she is passionate about SOMETHING other than pop culture, that she does not have to ask me to define every polysyllabic word I use, that she READS, that she is kind, caring, and compassionate. I also care that she is adequately physically attractive, obesity is not attractive to me but some meat on a woman can be quite pleasing.

• Like 2