soaring crane

The letter A

I might accept the responsibility of being a spokesman for a Deity, though I can't figure why one would need one as it would be inherently self defeating and unnecessary.

I shall admit it is no surprise to me that you find the Ways of Heaven inscrutable.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

... I shall admit it is no surprise to me that you find the Ways of Heaven inscrutable....
That sounds like bickering. Add to it the earlier profanity, and the rejection of divine purpose , and we both have no clue as to the ways of heaven.

Holy Quran Surat Al-Muţaffifīn (The Defrauding), 83th Sura

(83:10) Woe, that Day, to the deniers,

(83:11) Who deny the Day of Recompense.

(83:12) And none deny it except every sinful transgressor.

(83:13) When Our verses are recited to him, he says, "Legends of the former peoples."

(83:14) No! Rather, the stain has covered their hearts of that which they were earning

(83:15) No! Indeed, from their Lord, that Day, they will be partitioned.

(83:16) Then indeed, they will [enter and] burn in Hellfire.

(83:17) Then it will be said [to them], "This is what you used to deny."

Just to explain the rust on the heart.

Hardening of hearts like a stone or even harder:

Holy Quran, Surat Al-Baqarah (The Cow), 2nd Sura

(2:74) Then your hearts became hardened after that, being like stones or even harder. For indeed, there are stones from which rivers burst forth, and there are some of them that split open and water comes out, and there are some of them that fall down for fear of Allah . And Allah is not unaware of what you do.

Locks on hearts.

Holy Quran, Surat Muĥammad (Muhammad), 47th Sura

(47:24) Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an, or are there locks upon [their] hearts?

Seal on hearts.

Holy Quran, Surat Al-'A`rāf (The Heights), 7th Sura

(7:100) Has it not become clear to those who inherited the earth after its [previous] people that if We willed, We could afflict them for their sins? But We seal over their hearts so they do not hear.

Covered hearts.

Holy Quran, Surat Fuşşilat (Explained in Detail), 41st Sura

(41:5) And they say, "Our hearts are within coverings from that to which you invite us, and in our ears is deafness, and between us and you is a partition, so work; indeed, we are working."

Wrappings on hearts.

(2:88) And they said, "Our hearts are wrapped." But, [in fact], Allah has cursed them for their disbelief, so little is it that they believe.

Disease in hearts.

(2:10) In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.

Blinded hearts.

Holy Quran, Surat Al-Ĥaj (The Pilgrimage), 22nd Sura

(22:46) So have they not traveled through the earth and have hearts by which to reason and ears by which to hear? For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts.

Seal on hearts.

Holy Quran, Surat Al-Jāthiyah (The Crouching), 45th Sura

(45:23) Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded?

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

I can't bear the bickering.

Quite right.

Who the f**k would?

You can't always get what you want, though.

But if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need.

• Like 1

Holy Quran Surat Al-Muţaffifīn (The Defrauding), 83th Sura

(83:13) When Our verses are recited to him, he says, "Legends of the former peoples."

(83:14) No! Rather, the stain has covered their hearts of that which they were earning

It didnt need the further explaining, and its still just a toothless threat of punishment.

Since we have an exercise of cherrypicking here , I can do it too.

some of them that split open and water comes out, and there are some of them that fall down for fear of Allah

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an

SO clearly ,reflection on the Koran would result in a lack of fear of Allah and the hearts would then open to being compassionate.

Our hearts are within coverings from that to which you invite us

Thats obvious that the speakers would set themselves apart by closing their hearts

Allah has increased their disease

Merciful ?

So who will guide him after Allah ?

he who has taken as his god his [own] desire

Following his own heart he doesnt need lessons from fictional figures which increase disease and promotes fear.

Edited by Stosh

A

This thread gets an A+

But like bell curve grading... the posting reveals some "A" and some "D"... and the rest are comfortably passing :D

• Like 2

One little letter...

Frohe Weihnachten soaring crane. Nice OP. Your A caught my attention as there is mention of a 'short a' in Tibetan. Well, it doesn't look anything like an A but it's used as the focus for inner fire meditation.

Which all goes to demonstrate that you can start a thread, but you can never tell what other people are going to do with it. :)

• Like 2

Frohe Weihnachten soaring crane. Nice OP. Your A caught my attention as there is mention of a 'short a' in Tibetan. Well, it doesn't look anything like an A but it's used as the focus for inner fire meditation.

Which all goes to demonstrate that you can start a thread, but you can never tell what other people are going to do with it. :)

The Alpha is easy, but the Omega is up for grabs. I guess that's always been the case :-)

• Like 1

Thanks, but Im being self indulgent at the expense of your thread , as I see it myself so I should stop there.

In Islam, there is no Christmas holiday. I really wonder how could you call yourself studying religions?

I don't - I call myself Nungali. ... remember?

Nungali takes baton off stosh.

I noticed all of Isimsiz Bitter (Oooh yeah - damn them typos!) comments about all things that happen to the heart mention no rust ??? and he gave them as examples about rust .... strange, there is; stains ... locks , seals .... no rust though ?

Any way ... Christmas is over so forget about the happy Christmas thing ... at one stage someone asked what to do with happy Christmas if they didn't want it ... I was going to suggest something that was on topic with the thread title but ... as I say, Happy Christmas is passed ... even if we didn't celebrate it .... but 'strangely' 'disappeared' and wont say where to ? ? ?

any way to move on;

Happy Near Year! ... No ... a bit later ... Noor Ruz or something ?

What about B .... we go on to B perhaps ... { This reminds me of a joke} ...

• Like 1

Yeah. All things shall pass. But the letter "A" is eternal. Wait!!! There was no letter "A" until humans created it. (There was no Christmas until humans created it. There were no religions until humans created them. Shall I go on?)

• Like 1

Yeah. All things shall pass. But the letter "A" is eternal. Wait!!! There was no letter "A" until humans created it. (There was no Christmas until humans created it. There were no religions until humans created them. Shall I go on?)
Good point and nifty cross reference!

Nungali takes baton off stosh.I noticed all of Isimsiz Bitter (Oooh yeah - damn them typos!) comments about all things that happen to the heart mention no rust ??? and he gave them as examples about rust .... strange, there is; stains ... locks , seals .... no rust though ?Any way ... Christmas is over so forget about the happy Christmas thing ... at one stage someone asked what to do with happy Christmas if they didn't want it ... I was going to suggest something that was on topic with the thread title but ... as I say, Happy Christmas is passed ... even if we didn't celebrate it .... but 'strangely' 'disappeared' and wont say where to ? ? ? any way to move on; Happy Near Year! ... No ... a bit later ... Noor Ruz or something ? What about B .... we go on to B perhaps ... { This reminds me of a joke} ...
I've been told to " just B" so B stands for Being and Breathe and Breath.IMO :)
  • Like 3

Holy Quran Surat Al-Muţaffifīn (The Defrauding), 83rd Sura

The original word means both rust and stain.

Nungali takes baton off stosh.

I noticed all of Isimsiz Bitter (Oooh yeah - damn them typos!) comments about all things that happen to the heart mention no rust ??? and he gave them as examples about rust .... strange, there is; stains ... locks , seals .... no rust though ?

Holy Quran Surat Al-Muţaffifīn (The Defrauding), 83rd Sura, 14th Ayah

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=83&verse=14

(83:14)

Sahih International: No! Rather, the stain has covered their hearts of that which they were earning.

Pickthall: Nay, but that which they have earned is rust upon their hearts.

Yusuf Ali: By no means! but on their hearts is the stain of the (ill) which they do!

Shakir: Nay! rather, what they used to do has become like rust upon their hearts.

Muhammad Sarwar: They will never have faith. In fact, their hearts are stained from their deeds.

Mohsin Khan: Nay! But on their hearts is the Ran (covering of sins and evil deeds) which they used to earn .

Arberry: No indeed; but that they were earning has rusted upon their hearts.

In Turkish translation, we use the word rust mostly.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

That is interesting.

Is it significant difference ? Or just word usage?

A stain is something that comes from a source 'OUTSIDE' the original substance. It covers or seeps into a substance

Rust is a process that happens when the actual substance COMBINES with an outside substance (or a substance contained within the original substance of which a thing is composed) - oxygen. The original substance is converted.

Or doesn't the difference matter?

• Like 1

That is interesting.

Is it significant difference ? Or just word usage?

A stain is something that comes from a source 'OUTSIDE' the original substance. It covers or seeps into a substance

Rust is a process that happens when the actual substance COMBINES with an outside substance (or a substance contained within the original substance of which a thing is composed) - oxygen. The original substance is converted.

Or doesn't the difference matter?

Good question.

I have to work on that.

• Like 1