RongzomFan

Debunking a Creator

That, too, of course -- to an extent. I always attempt to offer a sincere path out of their trap -- to hold their hands, as it were, and point out the handholds. When someone then denies being in a pit, insists on digging deeper and demands I join him there, I smile, wish him well and whistle as I walk away.

Some choose to stop along the path to admire the flora & fauna while others choose to stop and dig holes. Not my job to tell either to stop what they are doing and follow me.

Meaningless.

All the more reason not to believe a god damn word they say ! :D

Politicians and judges ??? What has this got to do with the supposed debunk of a Creator ?

Your arguments are becoming all the more questionable as you desperately cling to dubious resources for your flawed reasoning.

The SCIENTISTS who testified at the trial debunked ID.

The Intelligent Design people got caught lying.

Creationists, in general, are liars.

Edited by RongzomFan

It's interesting that you find it entertaining and amusing - I just find it very sad

I find it hypocritical you aren't agnostic about Greek or Egyptian creation models.

Your agenda is just to shove a Abhramic Creator down people's throats.

I used to ponder whether antitheistic fundamentalists or theistic fundamentalists were more entertaining but then I realized that the antitheistic ones are in denial, truly unaware of their religious fervor, while the theistic ones embrace their religion. To me, this lack of awareness makes the former simultaneously more amusing and more intractable.

The lack of awareness is on your end.

A Creator is no more credible than unicorns.

Edited by RongzomFan

thelerner, on 15 Dec 2013 - 12:45, said:snapback.png

You don't have to believe in anything - that's the whole point repeated again. You also have to learn to be cool with those who don't buy into your particular interpretations. As logical as they seem to you. They seem semantic to us and pushed with the emphasis of any old fundamentalist.

I have to be agnostic about Gattito's Creator, but not agnostic about ancient Greek creation.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fwoooshh, over your head.

Turtles, turtles all the way down.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

The lack of awareness is on your end.

That's where its usually found, no? :P

...and for my next trick...

I would very much like for RF & IB to join forces in a rigorous debunking of the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

:D

• Like 1

Ooo, one more Satanist. Welcome. Tell your master that I will be the winner.

Its hopeful that the mods will take action against this undesirable remark which not only serves no useful purpose, but is completely devoid of even the slightest hint of adding to the flavour of peace which one would think forms the basis of self-

and other-acceptance.

• Like 2

thelerner, on 15 Dec 2013 - 12:45, said:snapback.png

Fwoooshh, over your head.

Turtles, turtles all the way down.

Gatito says I have to be agnostic about his Creator, but not agnostic about greek or egyptian creation mythologies.

Fwoooooooooshh, over your hypocrite heads.

Edited by RongzomFan

...and for my next trick... I would very much like for RF & IB to join forces in a rigorous debunking of the Invisible Pink Unicorn. :D

Yes a Creator is like unicorns.

NOW, you are starting to get it.

Its hopeful that the mods will take action against this undesirable remark which not only serves no useful purpose, but is completely devoid of even the slightest hint of adding to the flavour of peace which one would think forms the basis of self-

and other-acceptance.

Did you click the "Report" button, C T? That's what gets a moderator's attention.

• Like 1

I used to ponder whether antitheistic fundamentalists or theistic fundamentalists were more entertaining but then I realized that the antitheistic ones are in denial, truly unaware of their religious fervor, while the theistic ones embrace their religion. To me, this lack of awareness makes the former simultaneously more amusing and more intractable.

That's a very good assessment Brian. I think it sums up my feelings about these two camps as well.

Did you click the "Report" button, C T? That's what gets a moderator's attention.

"Nearly all men can stand the test of adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."

Abraham Lincoln

I have never clicked that button before, and have no wish to do so now.

Hence, the expression 'hopeful' seems appropriate in this instance.

If action is not forthcoming, i wont be alarmed because at the end of the day, its Anderson's remark which brought on that response, and i don't really know if that was the intention (as bait) behind Anderson's words. If Anderson deems it insulting enough to report that utterance by I B (the Sufi) or perhaps choose to withdraw/edit his own post, then its possible that appropriate decorum will have been initiated.

• Like 1

and other-acceptance.

Peace comes when there is no negative. Look around. Do you see murder, rape, robbery, hunger, poorness in this world? What are you talking about? Peace? Did you ever warn RongzomFan when he called me a terrorist? No! You were really happy then? For only one time, could you be honest?

Peace comes when there is no negative. Look around. Do you see murder, rape, robbery, hunger, poorness in this world? What are you talking about? Peace? Did you ever warn RongzomFan when he called me a terrorist? No! You were really happy then? For only one time, could you be honest?

Isn't your prophet's advice to kill the non-believer ?

Actually you are mistaken. If there is no negative, there is no need even for a concept such as 'peace'.

I was speaking directly to that particular denigrating remark you made. Why can't you be honest, stand up like a man, and admit your reactionary blunders?

Then confess your sins and resolve not to repeat the same habitual downfall.

• Like 1

Actually you are mistaken. If there is no negative, there is no need even for a concept such as 'peace'.

I was speaking directly to that particular denigrating remark you made. Why can't you be honest, stand up like a man, and admit your reactionary blunders?

Then confess your sins and resolve not to repeat the same habitual downfall.

This "confessions of sins" is very funny. First, in Islam, we do not have a silly mechanism of confessing your sins to priest such that he will forgive you in the name of God. You mentioned "Tawba" previously without knowing it, Tawba is made to God Almighty directly thus it is not a confession as God Almighty already knows everything. As far as I know, in Orthodox Christian Church, again there is no such concept of "confession of sins" to a priest.

If you are supporting RongzomFan, say it explicitly. Be honest.