3bob

kicking the dog?

Yeah , it pretty much is self evident.

The sum total of which is expressed as the dude handing out tickets or hugs.

He , if conflicted , IS conflicted because he is including his personal attitudes in his job where they don't belong. The idea that he is supposed to be a judge and jury as well as copwould remove the legal process rendering him personally the law...which isn't actually rule of law any more. Society as a whole bears a lions share of the responsibility if he takes himself out of the equation rather than leave him to his bias favoritism revenge moods etc. Society needs him to function and use judgement about some things but he would best have his personal bias kept to a minimum as long as the societal structure he operates in remains broadly functional though its understood to be imperfect sometimes unfair sometimes harsh and sometimes clearly misguided.

And I should probably add that I don't figure any of that would be a surprise either.

Edited by Stosh

Exactly. So this is human. Human is the effigy of what the True Nature (proper) is. Sages see the effigy for the effigy that it is. They do not discrimate -- this person is an emperor, this person is a bridge builder, this person is a rice farmer, this person is self-sufficient living on their fields. Their position in society is not the Original Nature.

"Jen" meant more about one's self-sacrifice to the Confucian/court social orders of hierarchy, rather than what English speakers associate with "humanitarianism."

To say "the Sage does not (bu only negates verbs) Jen, all humans are effigies," well, I don't want to tell you what it means, but I think it must be getting clearer.

I think you are saying that there is a reality to our nature which is not what we end up doing , possibly thinking,, is there not the reality of what we think and do as well?

Im not familiar with Chinese , please just use our common tongue so I can understand your words at least, and then just go ahead and tell me what it is you are thinking things mean when appropriate , to have us be on the same page, Ill try to stay on point. Where's 3Bob?

Edited by Stosh

I think we're going off onto a different topic now, one which I covered already in my personal practice discussion on Chapter Five.

As to the One, Two, and Three being like straw dogs.. If you want to see it that way, that's fine with me. I don't see it that way however. I don't have much time to debate this more than I have already. I just don't see the value of doing so.

In concurrence with non-dual Buddhist emptiness, we are all "straw dogs" like Shakespearean acting roles or video game characters..

The robe has no Emperor! :o

201211310433.jpg

Edited by vortex

Just for clarification purposes: I am not a straw dog. Anyone can try to treat me as one but they won't get a second chance.

I am one of The Ten Thousand Things and therefore I am special and unique. So there!

Y'all have a great day.

I think we're going off onto a different topic now, one which I covered already in my personal practice discussion on Chapter Five.

As to the One, Two, and Three being like straw dogs.. If you want to see it that way, that's fine with me. I don't see it that way however. I don't have much time to debate this more than I have already. I just don't see the value of doing so.

Thats fine.

• Like 1

In concurrence with non-dual Buddhist emptiness, we are all "straw dogs" like Shakespearean acting roles or video game characters..

The robe has no Emperor! :o

201211310433.jpg

Does the buddhist version 'get it' that depending on viewpoint , either the physical manifestation of our role in the material , or the spiritual nature of our manifestation, are,- either of them -and both of them -straw dogs? Seems like its not a popularly held conception among TTBs

We live and later die ,but while living, our life is real and to be greatly revered , and at the end without regrets , the illusion of what we were dissipates back from whence it came , to the other real state of what we are, only to be reborn again as someone else in some other place , but again with the same illusions to treat ourselves and others with reverence and knowing these things too will eventually not be. An inexhaughstable bellows between what is manifest and potential.

Edited by Stosh