maki

Search for an special type of meditation

when you speak in such a manner, its like a deity has spoken.

some deities issue warnings to village folk so that omens and disasters can be avoided, just the way you are doing now.

maybe you are a deity, and we have been warned...

I am a servant of God Almighty. I seek refuge in God from the evil of all deities.

soaring crane thanks for the recommendation, I will look for that book.

Seeker of the Tao thanks for the explanation. I have read stuff about that a year ago, and forgotten some important facts.

I guess that deities can be both good and bad, depends about the deity. Bagua and Isimsiz I guess that you both were right.

Maki,

I think I could not state myself clearly.

There is no good deity. Repeat no good deity. All evil.

Which deity is real by the way?

The Scandinavian? Thor, Odin, Loki?

Deities of Ancient Egypt? Horus, Isiris, etc,?

Deities of China? Hindu Deities?

Which set of deities are real?

Do Odin know Horus? Do they talk?

Does Amaterasu know Zeus? Do they know each other?

Do all these deities exist at the same time? Do all of them exist now? Do they make battles?

Japanese Deities and Chinese Deities, do they fight?

This deity concept is funny. There is no deity.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

I am a servant of God Almighty. I seek refuge in God from the evil of all deities.

Its easy to utter such words.

Those who feel that deep in their bones have no place for fear in their being.

Free from fear, all concepts of good and evil become obsolete.

The dissolution of dualistic concepts bring balance and unity.

Balanced in body and united in spirit, one becomes like God.

Becoming like God, there is no need to seek refuge from any thing.

Not needing to seek refuge nor offer sanctuary, where can evil abide except in the minds of those who do not know the fundamental logic of spiritual cultivation?

• Like 1

Two points: -

Perhaps there's simply a language issue here? For example, some people may use of the terms Gods, Immortals, Angels, Devas etc. to mean the same type of entity (ignoring any hierarchy)?

Regarding anapanasati: Alan Wallace is an interesting read but I feel that he does tend to limit the mediator with his rather dogmatic concepts regarding their ability to progress. For that reason and for a couple of others, I would recommend that you use Shaila Cathrine's Focused and Fearless as a basis while employing Alan Wallace as an adjunct for his excellent instructions about the centrality of relaxation and the use of the supine meditation posture.

Don't limit yourself with the dogma surrounding any technique, system or religion - you could be graced by nirvikalpa samadhi the first time that you sit down and then it's game-over. The whole thing is just grace anyway - make yourself available to it.

• Like 2

Its easy to utter such words.

Those who feel that deep in their bones have no place for fear in their being.

Free from fear, all concepts of good and evil become obsolete.

The dissolution of dualistic concepts bring balance and unity.

Balanced in body and united in spirit, one becomes like God.

Becoming like God, there is no need to seek refuge from any thing.

Not needing to seek refuge nor offer sanctuary, where can evil abide except in the minds of those who do not know the fundamental logic of spiritual cultivation?

Fisrt of all, I just do not speak. You would swallow your small tongue from your surprise if you saw my group while doing things.

You have a wrong definition of becoming like God. Good and evil do exist. You can not escape them by uttering those words. Sorry.

If you really want to become one with God, you should be aware of human poverty, helplessness, and powerlessness before God. You are nothing before God Almighty. This awareness will lead you to knowledge that everything comes from God. There is only God.

If you think arrogantly that you already became one with God thus there is no need to seek refuge from anything, it means you attracted your Nafs to your heart. Then, you are in real trouble, trust me.

I have seen many people exactly talking the same way, in the way of "spiritual cultivation" becoming a very different person, requesting big amounts of money from people to teach them "spiritual cultivation".

So thanks, but not for me.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

You would swallow your small tongue from your surprise if you would see my group while doing things.

What do you mean by this, Isimsiz Biri? What is your group? What things do you do, and why would it be surprising?

What do you mean by this, Isimsiz Biri? What is your group? What things do you do, and why would it be surprising?

I do not think the general level of the open forum is ready for that. If you wish details, I can explain in detail via PM.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri
  • Like 1

If you think arrogantly that you already became one with God thus there is no need to seek refuge from anything,

It depends on what you mean by that.

If you think you have become God, you are good for the lunatic asylum...

However, if you define God by the source from which everything comes from and returns, that is everywhere, then of course you are a part of this. (The Daoists use the word Dao for it, which I prefer, because it isn't close to anything human, whereas the word "God" has become something like the "King of the Universe". But they are just names anyway.) You may or may not be aware of it (and I don't just mean think).

There are some spiritual seekers who actually achieved this. In any tradition. They remain humble. Actually they get more humble than before. And they don't seek refuge from anything, they just are.

On the other hand, you have some people whose ego exploded, and turned mad. (Quite litteraly)

If you want, it is the difference between the fish that realizes it is a part of an Ocean, and another crazy fish who would believe it can control the waves...

Good and evil do exist.

From a human perspective, yes, definitely. But not as absolute principles.

Edited by baiqi
  • Like 2

It depends on what you mean by that.

If you think you have become God, you are good for the lunatic asylum...

However, if you define God by the source from which everything comes from and returns, that is everywhere, then of course you are a part of this. (The Daoists use the word Dao for it, which I prefer, because it isn't close to anything human, whereas the word "God" has become something like the "King of the Universe". But they are just names anyway.) You may or may not be aware of it (and I don't just mean think).

There are some spiritual seekers who actually achieved this. In any tradition. They remain humble. Actually they get more humble than before. And they don't seek refuge from anything, they just are.

On the other hand, you have some people whose ego exploded, and turned mad. (Quite litteraly)

If you want, it is the difference between the fish that realizes it is a part of an Ocean, and another crazy fish who would believe it can control the waves...

From a human perspective, yes, definitely. But not as absolute principles.

Good post.

I disagree that the spiritual seekers achieved it at the same degree in each tradition. The highest level of spiritual seekers (except the Prophets) are great Sufis. They all realized that they were part of the ocean.

There is no good deity. Repeat no good deity. All evil.

Which deity is real by the way?

The Scandinavian? Thor, Odin, Loki?

Deities of Ancient Egypt? Horus, Isiris, etc,?

Deities of China? Hindu Deities?

Which set of deities are real?

Do Odin know Horus? Do they talk?

Does Amaterasu know Zeus? Do they know each other?

Do all these deities exist at the same time? Do all of them exist now? Do they make battles?

Japanese Deities and Chinese Deities, do they fight?

This deity concept is funny. There is no deity.

Deities are symbolical concepts. They are neither good not evil (although some symbolize bad or good aspects of life, others are more neutral).

Actually, polytheist religions are usually more tolerant than monotheistic. And are usually closer to nature, since many deities represent in fact the different forces of nature.

That being said, both polytheist and monotheist religions are right and wrong...from a certain point of view.

The sum of all deities would be "God". Is the color "white" actually "white"? No, it is the sum of all colors. Or yes, it is just white. Depends on your point of view.

Monotheist religions fail to understand that, leading to religious intolerance. Polytheist religions also have their flaws, some of their followers take the "deities" far too literaly. This can be quite ridiculous and superstitious, but that's all. Monotheist religions ask their devotees to kill those who worship idols. I think that's a little extreme.

• Like 1

Deities are symbolical concepts. They are neither good not evil (although some symbolize bad or good aspects of life, others are more neutral).

Actually, polytheist religions are usually more tolerant than monotheistic. And are usually closer to nature, since many deities represent in fact the different forces of nature.

That being said, both polytheist and monotheist religions are right and wrong...from a certain point of view.

The sum of all deities would be "God". Is the color "white" actually "white"? No, it is the sum of all colors. Or yes, it is just white. Depends on your point of view.

Monotheist religions fail to understand that, leading to religious intolerance. Polytheist religions also have their flaws, some of their followers take the "deities" far too literaly. This can be quite ridiculous and superstitious, but that's all. Monotheist religions ask their devotees to kill those who worship idols. I think that's a little extreme.

I certainly disagree. You can not explain the current status of humanity with these "Deity" hypothesis.