Everything

Turning into a tree - need advice

THE PALACE OF PANAlgernon Charles SwinburneSeptember, all glorious with gold, as a king     In the radiance of triumph attired,Outlightening the summer, outsweetening the spring,Broods wide on the woodlands with limitless wing,     A presence of all men desired.Far eastward and westward the sun-coloured lands     Smile warm as the light on them smiles;And statelier than temples upbuilded with hands,Tall column by column, the sanctuary stands     Of the pine-forest's infinite aisles.Mute worship, too fervent for praise or for prayer,     Possesses the spirit with peace,Fulfilled with the breath of the luminous air,The fragrance, the silence, the shadows as fair     As the rays that recede or increase.Ridged pillars that redden aloft and aloof,     With never a branch for a nest,Sustain the sublime indivisible roof,To the storm and the sun in his majesty proof,     And awful as waters at rest.Man's hand hath not measured the height of them; thought     May measure not, awe may not know;In its shadow the woofs of the woodland are wrought;As a bird is the sun in the toils of them caught,     And the flakes of it scattered as snow.As the shreds of a plumage of gold on the ground     The sun-flakes by multitudes lie,Shed loose as the petals of roses discrownedOn the floors of the forest engilt and embrowned     And reddened afar and anigh.Dim centuries with darkling inscrutable hands     Have reared and secluded the shrineFor gods that we know not, and kindled as brandsOn the altar the years that are dust, and their sands     Time's glass has forgotten for sign.A temple whose transepts are measured by miles,     Whose chancel has morning for priest,Whose floor-work the foot of no spoiler defiles,Whose musical silence no music beguiles,     No festivals limit its feast.The noon's ministration, the night's and the dawn's,     Conceals not, reveals not for man,On the slopes of the herbless and blossomless lawns,Some track of a nymph's or some trail of a faun's     To the place of the slumber of Pan.Thought, kindled and quickened by worship and wonder     To rapture too sacred for fearOn the ways that unite or divide them in sunder,Alone may discern if about them or under     Be token or trace of him here.With passionate awe that is deeper than panic     The spirit subdued and unshakenTakes heed of the godhead terrene and TitanicWhose footfall is felt on the breach of volcanic     Sharp steeps that their fire has forsaken.By a spell more serene than the dim necromantic     Dead charms of the past and the night,Or the terror that lurked in the noon to make franticWhere Etna takes shape from the limbs of gigantic     Dead gods disanointed of might,The spirit made one with the spirit whose breath     Makes noon in the woodland sublimeAbides as entranced in a presence that saithThings loftier than life and serener than death,     Triumphant and silent as time.

• Like 1

STOP IT !

Damn! Now I have to go to town to get mangoes!

PS. smaller skinney ones .. ptooey! I like the big juicy curvey ones with the skin that .... ooops - excuse me :unsure:

I searched the net for inappropriate photos of mangos to post, but could not find any, my google-fu is weak today ;( lol.

PS mango lasses! Pick up some yogurt too...

• Like 1

That spicy Indonesian powder with chilli for sprinkling on mangoes .... oh jeeze ... I gotta get out of here .

That spicy Indonesian powder with chilli for sprinkling on mangoes .... oh jeeze ... I gotta get out of here .

I've never had my mangos sprinkle... oh nm :D

Hold on, waitaminute, what? I've always had them plain, or made into chutney. There are mango toppings?!

I figured the reference to "inappropriate" might provide a clue... but yeh, just in case:

PARENTAL ADVISORY WARNING - THIS VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

• Like 1

THE PALACE OF PANAlgernon Charles SwinburneSeptember, all glorious with gold, as a king     In the radiance of triumph attired,Outlightening the summer, outsweetening the spring,Broods wide on the woodlands with limitless wing,     A presence of all men desired.Far eastward and westward the sun-coloured lands     Smile warm as the light on them smiles;And statelier than temples upbuilded with hands,Tall column by column, the sanctuary stands     Of the pine-forest's infinite aisles.Mute worship, too fervent for praise or for prayer,     Possesses the spirit with peace,Fulfilled with the breath of the luminous air,The fragrance, the silence, the shadows as fair     As the rays that recede or increase.Ridged pillars that redden aloft and aloof,     With never a branch for a nest,Sustain the sublime indivisible roof,To the storm and the sun in his majesty proof,     And awful as waters at rest.Man's hand hath not measured the height of them; thought     May measure not, awe may not know;In its shadow the woofs of the woodland are wrought;As a bird is the sun in the toils of them caught,     And the flakes of it scattered as snow.As the shreds of a plumage of gold on the ground     The sun-flakes by multitudes lie,Shed loose as the petals of roses discrownedOn the floors of the forest engilt and embrowned     And reddened afar and anigh.Dim centuries with darkling inscrutable hands     Have reared and secluded the shrineFor gods that we know not, and kindled as brandsOn the altar the years that are dust, and their sands     Time's glass has forgotten for sign.A temple whose transepts are measured by miles,     Whose chancel has morning for priest,Whose floor-work the foot of no spoiler defiles,Whose musical silence no music beguiles,     No festivals limit its feast.The noon's ministration, the night's and the dawn's,     Conceals not, reveals not for man,On the slopes of the herbless and blossomless lawns,Some track of a nymph's or some trail of a faun's     To the place of the slumber of Pan.Thought, kindled and quickened by worship and wonder     To rapture too sacred for fearOn the ways that unite or divide them in sunder,Alone may discern if about them or under     Be token or trace of him here.With passionate awe that is deeper than panic     The spirit subdued and unshakenTakes heed of the godhead terrene and TitanicWhose footfall is felt on the breach of volcanic     Sharp steeps that their fire has forsaken.By a spell more serene than the dim necromantic     Dead charms of the past and the night,Or the terror that lurked in the noon to make franticWhere Etna takes shape from the limbs of gigantic     Dead gods disanointed of might,The spirit made one with the spirit whose breath     Makes noon in the woodland sublimeAbides as entranced in a presence that saithThings loftier than life and serener than death,     Triumphant and silent as time.

I like this :). Very awesome.

I figured the reference to "inappropriate" might provide a clue... but yeh, just in case:

PARENTAL ADVISORY WARNING - THIS VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

I was thinking more tastefully appropriate ;). Y'know like mangos sort shaped like women and such. That's just plain ol' raunchy!

Dion McGregor (1922–1994) was a New York City-born songwriter, whose main claim to fame is that he was a voluble dreamer, or somniloquist.
McGregor talked in his sleep. Not in quiet, barely comprehensible mumbles: while he slept, McGregor would essentially narrate his dreams at conversational volume. As a narrator of his (often terrifying) dreams, Dion adopted various personas but frequently established a fey, argumentative, insolent approach to the subject at hand – be it a hot air balloon trip to the moon with a group of multi-ethnic children, a frantic journey around New York, or a tattooing job on a woman's tongue.

and for a change of pace, here is a video containing explicit text and subtitles as well:

(WARNING NSFW FOR AMERICANS AND POSSIBLY KOREANS - IF YOUR BOSS DOES NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT LANGUAGE IN THE WORKPLACE PLEASE DO NOT CLICK, ALSO IF YOU ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HEAR THIS PLEASE DO NOT CLICK)

• Like 1

I've never had my mangos sprinkle... oh nm :D

Hold on, waitaminute, what? I've always had them plain, or made into chutney. There are mango toppings?!

Sure ... you go google sis .

I tried to find a pic of the Indo spice powder but couldn't find one it all comes up as dried mango powder (another wonderful way of using it ... pssst ... {I am also a chef / spice attar } ... more for my island CV ;) )

but when served it looked a little like this

http://www.howsweeteats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/DSC_0036.jpg

You can whip it up yourself ... but hmmm. I am guessing you would like maybe an Indo/Morocco fusion , so:

Roast and fresh grind; dry chilli, cumin, allspice then mix with a tiny bit of powdered cinnamon and salt and a fair bit of sumac, lay out mango slices and sprinkle .

Jeeze ! I hope the original poster doesn't mind me turning his heart felt topic into a cookery class :o

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I was thinking more tastefully appropriate ;). Y'know like mangos sort shaped like women and such. That's just plain ol' raunchy!

STOP IT !

• Like 1

Sure ... you go google sis .

I tried to find a pic of the Indo spice powder but couldn't find one it all comes up as dried mango powder (another wonderful way of using it ... pssst ... {I am also a chef / spice attar } ... more for my island CV ;) )

but when served it looked a little like this

http://www.howsweeteats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/DSC_0036.jpg

You can whip it up yourself ... but hmmm. I am guessing you would like maybe an Indo/Morocco fusion , so:

Roast and fresh grind; dry chilli, cumin, allspice then mix with a tiny bit of powdered cinnamon and salt and a fair bit of sumac, lay out mango slices and sprinkle .

Jeeze ! I hope the original poster doesn't mind me turning his heart felt topic into a cookery class :o

Oooh, I'll bet if I asked in the east indian part of town they would have some pretty cool mixes too. I can just ask them so what do you sprinkle on mangos? ;)

That recipe sounds really yummy. sumac though, I'm not sure if they have that here (and I'm not sure if we have sumac trees here either).

Now here's one for you if you haven't tried it..... mango lasse, or mango shake, but with cardamon, long pepper and a tiny bit of allspice on top... then rosewater put in.... OMFG to die for!

With that CV....it is unfortunate you do not live down the street! "oh hey I just thought I'd stop by again, oh it's dinner time? What a surprise!" :D

I can make some of the best east indian food people have ever tried... that is my cooking claim to fame lol.