Sign in to follow this  
roger

a lie that many people believe, and the real truth about people

There's this lie that many people believe.

It's this deep sense that they're an unworthy piece of shit who deserves to suffer.

IT ISN'T TRUE.

The real truth is that everyone is 100% worthy, and deserves perfect happiness throughout all eternity.

Think about it.

• Like 3

DrT,

It's crazy, but it seems that it's true that people CAN'T HANDLE the fact that they're beautiful, worthy, perfect, divine, and otherwise glorious and wonderful.

Most people are far more comfortable believing that they're a basically evil and sinful being who deserves to suffer forever.

They feel more secure believing that.

• Like 2

There's this lie that many people believe.

It's this deep sense that they're an unworthy piece of shit who deserves to suffer.

IT ISN'T TRUE.

The real truth is that everyone is 100% worthy, and deserves perfect happiness throughout all eternity.

Think about it.

Thought about it.

I'm willing to give all people perfect happiness throughout eternity, but there are a few I'd like to kick in the balls in the here and now.

still evolving M.

edit> thinking further. I'm willing to give people the choice of perfect happiness; the ability to experience or not. To slip in and out of it. I think my perfect happiness would include a spectrum of emotions, ups and downs, strivings. 100% perfect happiness, 100% of the time, might be unpleasant or boring.

I might want a kick in the balls myself just for a change of pace.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Absolutely true!

OK well here is the thing. We enforce justice on ourselves whether we like it or not. It takes a special kind of evil person, to go against every innate sense, every feeling that "something is wrong", to keep on accumulating wealth and hoarding it away in some vain hopes that it will satiate the ever-looming face of death.

So sometimes this belief is 'true'. The irony is that the moment you recognise its truth, it is immediately false and you deserve Love. It's the recognition of it which is the issue at hand.

I remember when I was young, there was a pond right behind my house, a big round pond, a few metres deep. It had a stairwell gently leading into it. We would sit there and go fishing. Well, as a toddler, I was not strong enough to fish like the grownups so I did the next best thing. I sat at the bottom step and watched the little fish swimming by. They swam along the length of the step, the step itself was immersed in the water, just barely. The fish would swim in a line, an orderly and utterly predictable line, and they would go around and around. So I sat there with one hand in the water. Every time a fish swam along, I'd close my hand quickly to grasp it. Each and every single time a fish came, I'd make a grab for it and each and every single time, the fish would jump out of my closed fist without a second's effort.

I never did catch a fish.

Sign in to follow this