Marblehead

A Call To Peace

Hi Folks,

I'm sure some of you have seen the thread that I have recently been very active in.

I just want to express that my intention was not to argue against Buddhism.

I do not have an arguement with Buddhism. I did, however, have an arguement with two members concerning a subject I have interest in.

Unless someone posts in that thread I hereby declare the thread dead.

My apologies to anyone who gained an understanding that I was arguing against Buddhism. This would have been a misunderstanding even though there were sufficient reasons to feel that way.

I will again remove myself from the Buddhist sub-forum unless I am, at some point in the future, called back in, for whatever the reason.

Y'all have a happy journey and I hope you find what you are searching for.

Be well and take care,

The Marbleheaded One

Is this not the purpose of language and communication? We share, we discuss, we argue, we consult, and in the end hopefully everyone comes away with a little more wisdom.

That or we just feel better for getting to yell at someone for a few minutes :P

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

I'm sure some of you have seen the thread that I have recently been very active in.

I just want to express that my intention was not to argue against Buddhism.

I do not have an arguement with Buddhism. I did, however, have an arguement with two members concerning a subject I have interest in.

Unless someone posts in that thread I hereby declare the thread dead.

My apologies to anyone who gained an understanding that I was arguing against Buddhism. This would have been a misunderstanding even though there were sufficient reasons to feel that way.

I will again remove myself from the Buddhist sub-forum unless I am, at some point in the future, called back in, for whatever the reason.

Y'all have a happy journey and I hope you find what you are searching for.

Be well and take care,

The Marbleheaded One

I'd like to get something off my chest here.

I was frustrated in that thread by the fact that, despite repeated and sincere efforts at correction, you repeatedly and stubbornly equated Buddhism with nihilism and continue to do so in another thread (albeit jokingly). The misconception is not the problem but your unwillingness to be open to correction is. At some point it simply becomes taunting rather than communication.

Is this not the purpose of language and communication? We share, we discuss, we argue, we consult, and in the end hopefully everyone comes away with a little more wisdom.

That or we just feel better for getting to yell at someone for a few minutes :P

Quite so - unfortunately the issue with communication often becomes one of people not really listening or opening to something new. Rather we look to someone else's words for something to reinforce our own belief or we try to impose upon them to agree with our point of view. One of the greatest things I learned from reading JKrishnamurti and Anthony Demello is the art and skill of listening and I admittedly have a long way to go in that arena.
  • Like 2

I'd like to get something off my chest here.

I was frustrated in that thread by the fact that, despite repeated and sincere efforts at correction, you repeatedly and stubbornly equated Buddhism with nihilism and continue to do so in another thread (albeit jokingly). The misconception is not the problem but your unwillingness to be open to correction is. At some point it simply becomes taunting rather than communication.

I'm glad you now have that off your chest.

• Like 1

because of the flagrant use of ad hominem and trolling (derailing a thread on purpose, and then bragging about it), there were 2 posts in 33 pages which were actually informative. A fine display from a Steward lol... is he steward of the pit? Abuse of power issues anyone?

at any rate, a call to peace? is the last post some sort of evidence of the sincerity of that claim? or were you just interested in peace-as-long-as-you-got-what-you-wanted, which seems to be me to just shut up and quit using logic and reason in these damned discussions! lol a fitting close to what amounts to MH being defensive about his ism, and reacting from the ground of fear and insecurity rather than being open to what others had to offer. I still think that the OP made a good point, and had it not been for having to shovel an hours worth of shit to make the smallest point, an interesting discussion might be had about non-realist atheism. Its astonishingly funny to me that if Niels Bohr says that matter is an abstraction, "i might be on to something", but if Shakyamuni teaches non-realism, its a delusion and his followers are all fools etc.

Anyway, congrats Marbles on great Stewardship and exemplary openmindedness when it comes to learning about other's paths. You have earned yourself a gold star to stick to your nose, and a place on my ignore list. Nice knowing you.

Edited by konchog uma

I'm going back to Hermetic sub - the worst we have to worry about is if the salamanders get loose again and drink all the elixir.

• Like 3

You just won't shut the fuck up, will you? You are not a Buddhist. Not even close. More like a militant Islamist.

And I sai I was not going to post in that thread unless someone else posted and the post required a response from me.

Defensive? You gotta be shitting me. I have been offensive since post #3. It was Alwayson and still you who are being defensive. Yes, you are tryint to get the last word in in an attempt to make my look bad. Thing is, I don't have to try to make you look bad, you are doing a great job all on your own.

Yes, the opening post made a good point. It showed how wrong a person can be.

Once again, you speak of another thread discussion but you won't start one. Why are you waiting? Or is it that all you on-line time is being devoted to trying to make me look bad?

And your last paragraph showed what an ass you can be. And you can stick your gold star up your ass.

And it's about fuckin't time you put me on ignore. I would have to listen to your bull shit any more.

No, I can't say it was nice knowing you. Not at this point in time. Maybe in some other life?

I'm going back to Hermetic sub - the worst we have to worry about is if the salamanders get loose again and drink all the elixir.

Well, I did try to call for peace but it seems that life here is no different from the real world. Some people just don't want peace.

Would you gentlemen like me to have the last word?

Hehehe. That did get a belly laugh.

Yeah, I guess someone else, like a Mod, could just as well have the last word in both the threads. But I'm not tired yet. Even though I am an old man I can still go on for days, and weeks, and months, and even years.

Would you gentlemen like me to have the last word?

Such zealousness can only be admired.

'Protector'. Wish fulfilled, eh? ;)

Such zealousness can only be admired.

'Protector'. Wish fulfilled, eh? ;)

You don't think I'm going to let you have the last word, do you?

:ph34r:

BTW All I ever wanted in this thread was the first word. Y'all have inspired me to speak.

Edited by Marblehead

You don't think I'm going to let you have the last word, do you?

:ph34r:

BTW All I ever wanted in this thread was the first word. Y'all have inspired me to speak.

You can have whatever you want, MH. After all, your caveat says it all -- "I reserve the right to be wrong." What more need be said, other than the appearance of a potential hazard. Saying this, i hope to make clear that this is not in any way a reference to your speech conduct, although there are moments when i have wondered why it was necessary to employ such strong verbal emphasis on certain exchanges which had obviously irked you. Anarchists are usually quite resilient to various onslaughts from all fronts, without any hint of loosing their cool. A bit suave, like the samurais of old who simply wait for the kill shot and not have to expand any energy in the process of decapitating their foe.

You can have whatever you want, MH. After all, your caveat says it all -- "I reserve the right to be wrong." What more need be said, other than the appearance of a potential hazard. Saying this, i hope to make clear that this is not in any way a reference to your speech conduct, although there are moments when i have wondered why it was necessary to employ such strong verbal emphasis on certain exchanges which had obviously irked you. Anarchists are usually quite resilient to various onslaughts from all fronts, without any hint of loosing their cool. A bit suave, like the samurais of old who simply wait for the kill shot and not have to expand any energy in the process of decapitating their foe.

But I don't want to kill anyone. I want to do whatever I can to warn them off before anything like that becomes a consideration.

All Anarchists are not of the passive nature. Duh! Yes, a passive Anarchist would shrug it off. I'm not a passive Anarchist.

My word usage is always totally intentional, designed for the situation. You might hear sweet, uplifting words in one thread and then two minutes later see aggressive vulgarity in a different thread. Most of my posts are based on (my) logic and designed for a purpose. But sometimes they are spontaneous. Mostly for the purpose of trying to add a little humor to the discussion.

:o^_^

Definitely passionate about something you are, but what is unclear.

Edited by Daong

:o^_^

Definitely passionate about something you are, but what is unclear.

Please don't try to understand me. The attempt would be fruitless.

Oh, I won't, I'll delete the quote incase you change your mind about the wording.

No need. What I said stands. If I change my mind I will make a new announcement.

BTW Not only do I reserve the right to be wrong, I also reserve the right to change my mind.

Call to peace?

A call to the discontinuance of all the negative posting in the Atheist thread.

What has been said is written in stone. Once the piss flows out it cannot be recalled. However, later, if appropriate, one can apologize, say they really didn't mean some of the things they were saying, or whatever.

If I have said something I don't pretend that I didn't say it. Only once while on this forum have I errored is accusing someone of misquoting me. I apologized to that error.

So yes, in that thread we all said things we should not have said. But that doesn't matter, they were said. Can't suck the words back into our mind. Nope. Won't work. But we can be careful that we don't get into such discussions again, unnecessarily.

If we each afford the respect of others' belief system that we require of our own most of this unnecessary arguing will be eliminated.

I have mentioned before, when I meet someone I have never known before I consider them a potential friend until they prove they don't want to be my friend.

So, yes, if we begin a relationship in peace there is potential for friendship. If we insult the other in any way there is the potential for the dissolution of that friendship until one or the other calls for peace. I have called for peace. Time will display the effects of my efforts.