4bsolute

Why do we have such a hard time remembering our "dreams"? Shall we put effort into remembering? What benefit?

How am I supposed to know if he has rainbow body?

You can't tell from outward appearances whether someone has final realization of rainbow body.

You can finish the whole path, and choose to remain physical such as Dudjom Linpa, Longchenpa, Dudjom Rinpoche etc.

Rainbow body shrinking is actually a sign of not completely finishing the path before death.

If one resides in the primordial state, is there such a thing as "practice at night"?

All deeper considerations aside, vitamin B-6 deficiency interferes with dream recall. Take it on a regular basis half an hour before going to bed and you may see an improvement. It is safe to take MUCH higher doses than the RDA, so experiment with what works for you. For synergistic effects, make sure you take a multi-B with this too. Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Seth,

I would disagree. Dreams are sort of energy flowing in the subconscious mind during sleep. Part of the process of spiritual growth is the "accepting and letting go" of fears and issues in the subconscious. As the issues are released, it is kind of like the conscious mind expands into what had been previously subconscious. Over time, there is less and less subconscious stuff to give rise to dreams.

Regards,

Jeff

Hehe, I disagree with your disagreeing! :)

Dreams are not 'just' energy flowing in the subconscious mind during sleep, Nor are they just psychological content from the day, and that level of dreaming may well cease as one gets better at integrating stuff as it happens.

Dreams are also portals to other worlds, and the place where the incredible wisdom of our inner being speaks to us.

The unconscious is most of our being, plus even more, and is not just some repository for repressed fears and psychological content...

• Like 1

All deeper considerations aside, vitamin B-6 deficiency interferes with dream recall. Take it on a regular basis half an hour before going to bed and you may see an improvement. It is safe to take MUCH higher doses than the RDA, so experiment with what works for you. For synergistic effects, make sure you take a multi-B with this too. Good luck.

FYI - B6 can be neurotoxic in high doses -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16320662

Hehe, I disagree with your disagreeing! :)

Dreams are not 'just' energy flowing in the subconscious mind during sleep, Nor are they just psychological content from the day, and that level of dreaming may well cease as one gets better at integrating stuff as it happens.

Dreams are also portals to other worlds, and the place where the incredible wisdom of our inner being speaks to us.

The unconscious is most of our being, plus even more, and is not just some repository for repressed fears and psychological content...

I agree with some of your disagreeing... :)

All that exists is an aspect of universal mind. I agree that the further you go into the subconscious, the more you access greater aspects of universal mind (including parallel worlds). But, as "clarity" grows, they become part of conscious mind and directly accessable (no longer dreams).

• Like 1

I agree with some of your disagreeing... :)

All that exists is an aspect of universal mind. I agree that the further you go into the subconscious, the more you access greater aspects of universal mind (including parallel worlds). But, as "clarity" grows, they become part of conscious mind and directly accessable (no longer dreams).

I agree and disagree with some of your agreements and disagreements :D

I agree with you here. The only thing I wish to add is that I don't think all schools do that.

Look at the shambles of modern Neo advaita. A bunch of mentally masturbating dissociated jerks, all absolutely certain that 'awareness' is the only thing of value and that to 'do anything' shows an 'obvious' lack of awakening.. None of whom have any greater awareness of their inner processes, or anything that their amazing inner being is actually up too.

As far as I am concerned they have aborted their spiritual lives in favour of being 'in control' and easy answers.

They have sold out the deeper aspects of themselves, and rationalised away any need for deep exploration.

As a result I am very cautious about asserting the primacy of consciousness, as it has so little control/grip/understanding/power of any kind.

But yes, in deep exploration, that unconscious stuff does become conscious. I am not sure if I believe there is a limit to how far this goes. The unconscious may very well be the universe...

thats why I do not seek to 'control' dreams, only to be more lucid and remember them better. Then I learn from what Deep being teaches me.

• Like 2

FYI - B6 can be neurotoxic in high doses -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16320662

Do you know who paid for the study? I never believe studies of natural proven substances of long standing and a long history of safe use paid for by pharmaceutical companies that stand to lose profits to cheap non-patentable superior-safety superior-efficiency goodies they don't own. Tainted evidence, is what I call these.

Where I come from B-6 was prescribed by MDs in injections, pretty often, as a general tonic, immune booster, mild antidepressant, energy and stamina booster for people with an assortment of chronic illnesses, to counteract deficiency in people who didn't absorb it well from dietary sources (e.g. my mom, who had dozens of courses because of a chronic digestive tract disorder), as an adjunct to the treatment that was supposed to halt the beginning of myopia in children, for neuromuscular disorders, the list goes on and on. It was one of the most widely prescribed "let's do something if we aren't sure what else to do" interventions, usually in a combo with B-12 injections and sometimes aloe extract injections, and it usually helped. I got a couple of courses myself, knew many others who did, and have never heard of any adverse effects, except the injection is painful as hell.

Edited by Taomeow

I agree and disagree with some of your agreements and disagreements :D

I agree with you here. The only thing I wish to add is that I don't think all schools do that.

Look at the shambles of modern Neo advaita. A bunch of mentally masturbating dissociated jerks, all absolutely certain that 'awareness' is the only thing of value and that to 'do anything' shows an 'obvious' lack of awakening.. None of whom have any greater awareness of their inner processes, or anything that their amazing inner being is actually up too.

As far as I am concerned they have aborted their spiritual lives in favour of being 'in control' and easy answers.

They have sold out the deeper aspects of themselves, and rationalised away any need for deep exploration.

As a result I am very cautious about asserting the primacy of consciousness, as it has so little control/grip/understanding/power of any kind.

But yes, in deep exploration, that unconscious stuff does become conscious. I am not sure if I believe there is a limit to how far this goes. The unconscious may very well be the universe...

thats why I do not seek to 'control' dreams, only to be more lucid and remember them better. Then I learn from what Deep being teaches me.

Hi Seth,

After our discussion, it sounds like we really were always in agreement. :)

In my experience, I have found that there is no limit to how far it goes... That is why some call it buddhamind.

• Like 1