Sign in to follow this  
DeadDragon

Suggested master / techniques to help achieve my specific goals...?

I am a good book / dvd / guided meditation learner. I have been practicing spring forest qigong for awhile, but I don't think I'm entirely satisfied with it.

What my goals are, any technique / practice you mention hopefully helps with at least one of these, in the quickest way possible -

-Opening third eye

-Leaving my body at will - or specifically how to attain full body vibrational state with ease, once at that point I can figure it out again from there. I can do it from the point of sleeping, every once in awhile, and it will probably start happening more often now that I'm trying to achieve it again...but I can't do it at will. Getting the body to be filled completely with energy basically, which the microcosmic orbit specifically found in SFQG isn't helping with, although it has (usually) been helping in other ways for health and reduction of pain...but that's not my goal.

-Learning to survive on no food, water, or sleep at all, ever (breath is OK). This one I have no idea where to start.

-Strengthening inner guidance, which I assume will naturally occur as I elevate my spiritual perceptions

I feel with those skills mentioned above mastered I can achieve my other goals in my own way - such as healing every being I encounter if they are open to it energetically, physical immortality, miracles such as creating objects from thin air, showing people how to do the same, etc. None of this is for selfish reasons, and I feel I have the universe's support / approval.

I've seen a lot, dealt with demons before, and I am prepared to deal with any situation that may arise from OB and third eye practice. I am confident in my ability to balance my energy after any such practices as well, and how I can utilize such spiritual perceptions to help.

I have literally all day to practice. I am open to any schools of thought, and any tools or practices - Taoist, modern or other. I'm here not to transcend life and death but to help, but it's kind of hard when I cannot seem to help myself...so I humbly ask for your assistance in any way you can provide.

Edited by DeadDragon
  • Like 1

Hi DD,

For everything that you seek mastery in you need to practice the Longmen pai system of Master Wang Liping.

• Like 1

Your goals appear to be but the "flowery trappings of the Tao." Why do you wish to become a breatharian?

I once new a man who sought this goal and had reduced his diet to one apple per day. He did look a sorry sight and I cannot say that he appeared to have made much spiritual progress either. He moved overseas and I lost touch with him and no longer know if he is still living. He considered himself very much a Taoist but the fact was that he hadn't quite got it.

Because I'm not a Taoist. I'm not anything but me, and "one with the soul of all things" even if I don't fully perceive it at the moment.

Open to new information, ideas and techniques, no matter the source. From within, nature, religions, any person. Rejecting any information that does not help me personally.

"Think for yourself, question authority." - Terrence McKenna

I wish to survive off of nothing so I no longer need money. So I can devote myself 100% to helping others in the "greatest way possible" without feeling obligated to ask for something in return. But I guess if I could create food from thin air well then I wouldn't have to go without food. I don't know how long that is going to take to achieve, and really it's just one way of performing exercise and self discipline and training - surviving (healthily) off of less and less.

Most everyone else seems to be so concerned with achieving unity. Most everyone acts like life is a bad thing. I disagree. Life is wonderful even when it appears to be terrible, and could be 1000x greater if everyone were to unlock their true potential. The soul of everything can guide you even if you are not 100% unified with it, because after all everything is already Buddha / one / god, if you can learn to listen. Though I'm still in the process of refining my hearing, so to say.

That's fine if your purpose here is to transcend life and death, but that is not my purpose while I'm here, we are not all here for the same reason to do exactly the same things and all be exactly the same. Everybody's different, everything is always changing - as such what is best for me may not be best for you.

I can easily do that if / when I die. By simply letting go of everything, but I'm not ready to give it all up. It is very very simple and easy, but it cannot be forced, it requires nothing but a complete lack of attachment to anything, good or bad. Good luck with that. Here you still are, not unified. Which is perfectly OK. Everyone wants something and if they didn't they wouldn't be here on this planet.

Why do some Taoist masters practice qigong for healing, try and achieve other various feats while alive, such as being buried underground yet still surviving, walking on water, creating flame and electricity with their hands, etc...instead of going straight for the source? Because they too enjoy life. My motivations are not self driven, I have been instructed by the universe to accomplish "the flowery trappings of the Tao". If I always did what I want I wouldn't be concerned about any of this.

Thanks for the suggestion of the longman pai, I'll look into it.

Edited by DeadDragon
  • Like 1

-Opening third eye

-Leaving my body at will - or specifically how to attain full body vibrational state with ease, once at that point I can figure it out again from there. I can do it from the point of sleeping, every once in awhile, and it will probably start happening more often now that I'm trying to achieve it again...but I can't do it at will. Getting the body to be filled completely with energy basically, which the microcosmic orbit specifically found in SFQG isn't helping with, although it has (usually) been helping in other ways for health and reduction of pain...but that's not my goal.

-Learning to survive on no food, water, or sleep at all, ever (breath is OK). This one I have no idea where to start.

-Strengthening inner guidance, which I assume will naturally occur as I elevate my spiritual perceptions

I know what you mean by point 1. It's that point before sleep where your body seems to completely let go. Don't look for the energy, look for cultivating relaxation. Anything like tai chi or meditation will do it but don't expect fast results through any worthwhile means. Also that vibrational state before sleep happens to me before lucid dreams if I happen to hit an REM cycle so be critical of what you're experiencing no matter how real it is.

Point 2 I can't see any logical reason why you would want to do it. I'm not saying not to do it but be sure why you are doing it and what it takes. You would basically not be able to do anything because doing something would expel energy and hence require replenishment. Considering nobody has been confirmed to be able to do it I think your ability to do good in the world would be better spent on achievable goals and better time management.

Point 3 I guess is right but just be critical. It could be energetic garbage feeding you crap.

Even seemingly worthwhile things like compassion can be used to elevate you above people so don't think you have all the answers and throw away what you have without fully understanding what you're doing.

I disagree with you that anything is impossible. It says anything can be achieved in the Tao Te Ching. Jesus basically also said you can do what he could.

Master Lin purportedly went 49 days without food except for an apple, and no water or sleep. As I learn more about him all the time, I am inclined to believe everything he says.

My current practice does allow me to eat, drink and sleep less so I don't know what I'm so worried about.

You're right though I somehow always forget that unconditional love and detachment are more important than any techniques. It seems like it happens on a daily basis. My memory especially short term is not very good, that hasn't been healed completely.

I won't ever open my third eye or obtain the full body vibrational state if I'm trying so hard to achieve these things.

I trust the instinct I have now. It tells me to do things like eat vegetables and meditate and other positive things. You think I'd be smart enough to ask it about what meditation to do (or not do) like I almost always do according to each moment...but well, my memory I tell you. Sticking with what I do now is fine.

Thank you for your concern. I can be so dense sometimes, please forgive me everyone on these forums if you still put up with me.

Edited by DeadDragon

Deadragon,

I think maybe you have over defined your goal(s), worthy though some of them are. I think you should just continue whatever practice suits for now and look around for a path that for you has heart. That is you feel a strong connection to. Then seek out proper guidance and define your goals in terms of that instead of listing abilities like living on little or no food. I don't think it is likely that you understand now what your goals in terms of specific aims are or should be.

• Like 1

Edited - got rid of some garbage

There are a lot of people in my family with severe problems, my whole family is basically twisted, and very little money or trust in me in the fact that energy work could help them. That I don't get to see often and when I do, I don't always have the opportunity to practice qigong for the 2 people who actually believe me. These skills / goals of mine are especially useful for external healing and long distance healing, or so I've been taught (the third eye opening and leaving one's body). But in the meantime there's no reason I can't show people how to heal themselves as well.

After doing a formless meditation today and things not going well...and then saying whatever let's go back to the small universe. What a difference, you're right there's no reason to stop what is effective already. If it wasn't for SFQ I'd be in a world of pain. If I don't practice I'd be right back in a world of pain.

There's something special about it, at least for me. Going deeper and deeper will happen naturally in its own time, no need to be in such a hurry, no other techniques necessary even other ones Master Lin teaches besides the small universe and the active exercises.

Edited by DeadDragon

I hope you don't over look good solid systems because they won't allow you to become breatharian and create stuff out of thin air. SFQ is a good solid system. Ya Mu, a member here teaches Stillness Movement medical gi gong, good system. Heck, I even like Max's Kunlun. The reality is none of these will get you to the Super Sayin level you request, but I think its only by dedicating yourself to the mundane work within all of them, the specific practices and the daily sitting, that you'll be ready if and when a 'celestial' master comes your way.

That being said, beware the celestial master who advertises himself as such. Time, wholehearted dedication, work, more work, grace and surrender are the indispensable Way.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

others have made good posts.

Edited by skydog

Having goals, and finding techniques are great. This forum is full of people getting new ideas for techniques for the quick path, and maybe a few siddhis on the way to keep us motivated in the meantime. Eventually, one realizes that to get further one needs to develop deeper stillness, stable mind, open heart, etc. Sometimes the universe, perceiving our karma, throws us a result and lets us fill in the blanks to the steps that got us there. So if you can heal, perhaps you have to backfill yourself to become a healer in mind and heart. Who doesnt want an open third eye? Lots of cool stuff to see. It's almost akin to saying I want enlightenment, and beyond that, a shen body, all by doing some simple practise. Motivation is motivation, its all good: But heaven and earth will move if your motivation is to open your heart, or connect with the oneness. The feeling of desire to connect in the ego-free, limitless surrender, compassion state--that's the immediate goal that will make fast progress, because in itself is a powerful technique (direct reaching, dzogchen, guru yoga, etc) The goal is the technique, and in comparison other goals are "grasping", lacking power. To live the goal state, to feel it and breath it each moment, making it as real as possible, because inside somewhere is that knowlege. Its covered with layers and layers of crap, ego and grasping, illusion of our world, programming and complexes.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this