ॐDominicusॐ

Insights from a Christian monk. Esoteric Christianity as a legit Path

On 08/08/2013 at 10:21 PM, ॐDominicusॐ said:

interview a Christian Monk

I would be interested to know which country he is in, and which branch of Christianity, and which monastery if that's not revealing too much.  Thanks !

On 11/3/2014 at 4:17 PM, Spotless said:

It is also akin to bringing in Cosmic Energy - Heavenly Energy - into the top of the head.

I have never had the classical energy from the base of the spine shooting upwards. I was in bed and meditating very early on in my practice and felt like I was struck by lightening straight to the top of the head. It was so powerful I blacked out. I have never had that experience since, although it was quite frightening at the time.

7 minutes ago, idiot_stimpy said:

I have never had the classical energy from the base of the spine shooting upwards. I was in bed and meditating very early on in my practice and felt like I was struck by lightening straight to the top of the head. It was so powerful I blacked out. I have never had that experience since, although it was quite frightening at the time.

One does not always feel the energy going up the spine until it explodes inside of the head.  There are myriad reasons for this.

• Like 1

Sorry for the bump.

I came across a couple of cool accounts of what may or may not be a lofty spiritual attainment manifesting in Christian Saints, and wasn't sure where to post it (similar to how when Moses came down from the mountain, he was said to be too luminous to look at directly).  According to what I've learned about the Eastern Orthodox Church, this was the minimum qualification for salvation (meaning over the past two-thousand years, only a handful of their flock have gone to heaven!  It's a wonder they retain any membership when it's barely an afternoon at the river for the same deal with some other denominations)

St. Basil 

And St. Basil that saw this in spirit, made him to be brought to him, and when he was come he saw a tongue of fire speaking in his mouth. Then said Effrem: Truly Basil is great, truly Basil is the pillar of fire, and verily the Holy Ghost speaketh in his mouth.

St. Seraphim of Serov

Then Father Seraphim took me very firmly by the shoulders and said: “We are both in the Spirit of God now, my son. Why don’t you look at me?”

I replied: “I cannot look, Father, because your eyes are flashing like lightning. Your face has become brighter than the sun, and my eyes ache with pain.”

Joseph of Panelphysis

Then the old man stood up and stretched his hands towards heaven. His fingers became like ten lamps of fire and he said to him, "If you will, you can become all flame!"

None of them seemed to dissolve st the time of their death, so I'm not sure if these accounts (assuming they're valid) equate to the eastern 'light-body' attainment.

Anecdotally I've heard that the old testament can be read in the same vein as a Daoist alchemical text - I'd be very interested to know if anyone has detailed information about spiritual development from any such Christian traditions (Eastern Orthodoxy, top Catholic orders, Coptics maybe? etc.).

Edited by Wilhelm
  • Like 1

Is there a problem with sitting on the pew and just behaving?

developing spiritually there right now.

St John of the Ladder may appeal to your interests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

Is there a problem with sitting on the pew and just behaving?

developing spiritually there right now.

St John of the Ladder may appeal to your interests.

Thanks!  His book - Ladder of Divine Ascent looks right on target!

Best wishes with your spiritual development.