SonOfTheGods

OK which TaoBum is this?

That could have been me but it wasn't. Gotta' watch what wood you buy when you give presentations. (I feel for that little girl that got hit by that flyig piece of wood.)

(I feel for that little girl that got hit by that flyig piece of wood.)

That's what she said.

• Like 1

When I was doing my (rather brief) stint with TKD, the school had a schedule, Korean army style, and you were supposed to pass a test every three months. The test was essentially breaking boards -- first with this kick, then with that kick, then with a punch, and then a different one, and so on. I've seen people fail at this, but it surprised me, because the wood, though pretty thick (and not "molested" in any way, not pre-sawed or anything :D ) was very dry, and probably not the toughest kind, so a kick executed exactly as we were taught produced the required result. I do remember screwing up the punch though the first time I did this -- I broke the piece of wood all right, but I wasn't careful enough to do it with two knuckles only and involved a third one, from the ring finger. O U C H. It hurt for months afterwards.

Whoever broke the board successfully was awarded the pieces, I accumulated a small stack in the garage, and later used them to make some shelves for my vitamins... :)

• Like 5