Hey moderators I have noticed that a lot of people have been coming online lately asking about kundalini synydrome because something in them cracked and now there having a tough time with it as many people do. I was wondering if it would be good to create a pinned thread on the lobby with links all of the threads on the forum that have useful information regarding how to help manage kundalini as it seems like a problem a lot of people have. What do you guys think?

My 2 cents, Peace

Hi Old Chi,

I know next to nothing about kundalini syndrome. I know that Seth Ananda, Hundun, and a few from the KAP may be contacted in this regard but nothing more. Could you use the search function and gather all the threads with useful information? :D

Do you have a PPJ? If yes, you may (temporarily or forever) put there all your discoveries so that you may direct there people who join TTB and who need help. If no, I can create you one.

We will discuss this in the mod team :)

Thanks!

Here are some helpful threads i found for those whom may be suffering from Kundalini Syndrome. I will leave it up to the mods if they'd like to create a pinned post:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/21974-awaken-kundalini-in-90-days/

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28427-some-questions-about-kundalini-management-for-a-newbie-;/

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=Introduction

http://www.kundalinisupportnetwork.com/

• Like 1

i am fond of the idea of a Kundalini Help sub board. It seems a lot of people sign up here just to be reassured they aren't going to die and then never post again....

we can put it in the Lobby :lol:

But on a more serious note, yes, the kundalini stuff is really getting out of hand. i don't think we need more stickies but maybe a table of contents sticky with all the threads people wanted stickied? It might slow discussion in those threads, but it would clear up a lot of space for more active threads

• Like 1

That's a troll disaster waiting to happen.

Why would that be? Personally, I think this site is one of the best sites on the net for Kundalini folk to come to. I have been to more than a few...this site is just far more approachable.

• Like 1

Why would that be? Personally, I think this site is one of the best sites on the net for Kundalini folk to come to. I have been to more than a few...this site is just far more approachable.

Just my opinion. There are not many people whom are actually knowledgable about the topic on this site. Only a few give advice that comes from actual experience with helping people whom are facing the traumatic experience of having it awoken and have awoken it themselves and thus can empathize their situation. (Seth, Shaktimamma, Hundun....etc) It would be great if perhaps we could have some of these people volunteer to write articles for the section.

I don't think it would be good to have a section in the forum where everyone and there uncle is giving advice when other people are coming to the forum with this traumatic experience and possibly putting their physical, emotional and psychological health In the hands of random people on the Internet who may or may not know what there talking about.

IMO, it's better to give general and proven information to those whom come to the site so they can help themselves. And perhaps give them further sources of information (teachers, support sites)where they can continue to study and understand whats going on with there body and also find a community for support rather than feeling completely alone and wanting to jump of a cliff due to depression that often comes along with it. Just my opinion though.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

Just my opinion. There are not many people whom are actually knowledgable about the topic on this site. Only a few give advice that comes from actual experience with helping people whom are facing the traumatic experience of having it awoken and have awoken it themselves and thus can empathize their situation. (Seth, Shaktimamma, Hundun....etc) It would be great if perhaps we could have some of these people volunteer to write articles for the section.

That's a good idea.

• Like 1

That's a good idea.

I could volunteer for that, but my experience runs out of the norm, involving some off the beaten path ideas surrounding everything from spirit guides, channeling, etc. to alien contacts and conspiracy theories. I wrote a fairly long but disorganized post in a thread a while ago about Kundalini which I could adapt to make such an article, but again its different than the standard. I have been researching and experiencing this phenomenon for almost 20 years.

I don't like to many pinned topics. They take away from the meat of the board which is easily seeing discussions. Still if an unused pinned topic was knocked out or a place could be found for it that wouldn't hurt the # of discussions on the home screen it would be a good to experiment with.

Until then I notice Articles section moves slowly. It's a bit of a subterfuge but a Kundalini article written there could spark long discussions while keeping to the top of the page.

• Like 2

I think a Kundalini sub is a good idea. But it would have to be fairly closely moderated especially if its giving out any health advice. If we had an active Steward on it then that would be good ... but its definitely true that a lot of people come here with 'strange things are happening is it K?' sorts of questions. A directory of internal and external links to good threads and sites would be a good start. BTW all advice should start ... go and see a doctor to make sure you're not ill first .... a kind of surgeon general warning ...

• Like 2

I think a Kundalini sub is a good idea. But it would have to be fairly closely moderated especially if its giving out any health advice. If we had an active Steward on it then that would be good ... but its definitely true that a lot of people come here with 'strange things are happening is it K?' sorts of questions. A directory of internal and external links to good threads and sites would be a good start. BTW all advice should start ... go and see a doctor to make sure you're not ill first .... a kind of surgeon general warning ...

There is this guy who's name is Chrism I think who has a pretty good site...he discusses things such as possession, spirits, channeling, etc. much as I do - so my theories aren't all that off the beaten path as I say....really they are in alignment with a lot of the more established Kundalini sites. I am just a little bit, but still significantly off the norm in some ways. I guess what I am getting at is that I have the know-how, the interest, etc. to write such a guide as was suggested, should it be needed. Obviously if someone wanted to judge my suitability, such judges should go read everything I have written on Kundalini and think about it. Of course if I wrote such a thing, I would make sure not to insert attempts at humor or my bizarre untested theories as often as I do. I could stick with the stuff that is more universally accepted is what I am saying. There is no way I could write such an article without at least some of my beliefs coming through however. I cannot be a parrot.

I also am a fan of people getting medical opinion before assuming anything, and have in the past suggested that people who thought they were having a Kundalini phenomenon might be better off seeing a professional. It would be best to have disclaimers throughout the article, etc.

I am not volunteering to be some sort of moderator however, as I am too unstable for such a job, although I am on here enough to do such a job.

I have enough experience with health as to be a fairly efficient purveyor of health advice, given my extensive professional history in the health field, as well as my own personal and long-standing experience of the western psychiatric industry. I have also interacted with some of the members of the national Spiritual Emergency Network, and found that some of them were lacking in experience in this regard. Sometimes a bunch of letters after ones name cannot equal the breadth of experience of one who has actually been down that road. In addition, many of these members haven't had the intrinsic motivation to do as much research as I have into this phenomenon, as they were not personally affected by it.

I think it would be good to have someone that is not simply a carbon copy of the standard norm to be in charge of collating and presenting the material for Kundalini on this site (if that's what will happen). People who are researching it should have some options. Also, anything that I write would of course be open for criticism and refinement by all the minds of this site, which are significant. I think this could be a group project and be very successful at that. I volunteer my time/skills/experience to produce the bulk copy of the syllabus, and group consensus could 'perfect' the rough draft into a nice final copy.

I don't like to many pinned topics. They take away from the meat of the board which is easily seeing discussions.

Agreed.

Also, there are lots of important topics, spread over threads and time... where to put summaries?

One thing that works is that individuals are putting summaries, quotes from various threads, sort of linked tables-of-contents, within their own personal practice forums. This gives them full freedom to research a topic and link creatively, and preserve/control, as they see fit. Puts those summaries in places of low thread volume... like little treasures of info that you can find in the PPFs. Member-driven, member-maintained.

• Like 5

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the TTB community co-writing a packet for Kundalini & Qigong illness, etc. It could be a sub-forum and a sticky-thread. It would be a great resource for those who come looking...

We should start brainstorming the layout of it...

you know:

-signs/symptoms, community resources, standard advices, tips/tricks, FAQs, etc.

This is a time-consuming project though...could take a while...I have the time for it as I am unemployed, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the TTB community co-writing a packet for Kundalini & Qigong illness, etc. It could be a sub-forum and a sticky-thread. It would be a great resource for those who come looking...

We should start brainstorming the layout of it...

you know:

-signs/symptoms, community resources, standard advices, tips/tricks, FAQs, etc.

This is a time-consuming project though...could take a while...I have the time for it as I am unemployed, etc.

But waht are your qualifications (so to speak) for doing this? If you are collating material as a resource that's one thing but if you are giving your own opinions ... then that's all they are.

One thing that works is that individuals are putting summaries, quotes from various threads, sort of linked tables-of-contents, within their own personal practice forums. This gives them full freedom to research a topic and link creatively, and preserve/control, as they see fit. Puts those summaries in places of low thread volume... like little treasures of info that you can find in the PPFs. Member-driven, member-maintained.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. I saw that OldChi has a PPF, he can store there his precious links and all related material. Actually, the mod team has nothing against pinning a kundalini thread, the last input was leaning towards pinning the thread in the Healing Circle where we can direct people with kundalini syndrome.

Btw, Trunk, I was thinking that you could select some of the most important infos from your alchemical taoism website and gather them in your PPF. Some future members may need alternative views about HT material. :)

• Like 1

I think it a bad idea to pretend we have experts here.

A bad idea to set up as an advice dispensing service or helpline.

What we have a people helping each other and muddling around. Some muddled around longer than others.

Its a discussion forum. Nobody here is an expert. It would be pretentious to assume such a position.

Very pretentious.

A lot of what passes for 'kundalini' here, is not. Not by a long stretch.

This would be a forum of fakes if the invitation to masquerade as experts were taken up.

There is enough pseudo information out there, misleading, misdirecting, and adding to the ever growing pot of 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing' which actually results in the perpetuation of ignorance, chinese whispers style.

I tend to agree. KISS I think should be applied here.

My 2 cents, Peace

As usual, we differ in basic view. :)

In my view:

The nature of this forum is that anyone can speak.

That's the up side, that's the down side.

No hierarchy, open forum.

That's the basis here.

For a long time I thought that basis was just obvious to everyone here. Anyway, it's up to the current admin/s and mods to set up the context; members provide the content.

With over five thousand members and over four hundred thousand posts, it's reasonable that occasionally someone shows up who knows something about a subject, or that occasionally someone, *any*one, says something sensible, useful, insightful.

Seems useful that individuals are able to use the search function, research conversations re: subject, and produce their own summaries within their own PPFs that - of course - somewhat reflect their own pt of view. That ability is already present; no one needs permission. All of our chatter one way or another doesn't change that.

• Like 3

As usual, we differ in basic view. :)

Really?

cat nailed it on the head.

And for anyone who considers giving advice or teaching others how to manage K awakenings, shouldn't the first and foremost quality of GROUNDEDNESS be evident in ones posts? :)

The mod team only pondered about pinning a locked thread where one could find some links and possibly small articles. Nothing more.

.... changed my mind :) ... I was ranting ... :(

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1