Sign in to follow this  
Dzogchen

Any techniques for observing/seeing/viewing chi?

Was hanging out with a friend last night who is a special guy that is basically a Daoist but doesn't know it, if that makes sense. A very gifted individual. We were talking about things we have gone through and he was telling me how he is able to see energy. He sees it floating around, but also in the form of auras.

I read an exercise recently on how to "see" chi, by staring at points just in front of you, but not focusing in on the background.

I was wondering if any of you wonderful bums would be able to give me some tips or links on things that I can give him to do that will open him up or fine tune his senses for viewing chi and other energy?

I do it fine just by practicing Qigong regularly, but I don't think he has the time or determination to do 1-2 hours of Qigong each day for months on end.

Thanks!

BaguaKicksAss- Your method requires hours of practice? If so, do you know if one could do...smaller amounts of higher quality training to cultivate the desired effect?

I don't know if this counts as seeing chi, but there's a way to see auras that's not too hard. Look at some one in a dim room. It helps if there's a light background behind them and they're still. Your eyes should be set at 'wide focus', a relaxed peripheral vision, aware of the person but not staring at them. In a dim room you should be able to pick up a white aura around them.

Some people see colors. I don't, just a white light, often more coming the head region. Some say its just a trick of the optical system.

I was going to type something up until I read your last sentence :(.

Haha yeah. I told him how I became able to actively and easily see and feel energy, but I don't think he is able to dedicate enough time and effort into these practices yet. I am slowly working with him, he is at a point I have seen people who have practice for 6+ months be at and he had never even heard of Qigong. He does read some Tolle and Buddhism thought based books though.

BaguaKicksAss- Your method requires hours of practice? If so, do you know if one could do...smaller amounts of higher quality training to cultivate the desired effect?

If this is what you are seeking, I would just recommend the 100 days of Spring Forest Qigong.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/index.php/100-days-of-qigong

As Chunyi states, you do not have to do the full exercises everyday. If you are able to do 2 hours worth one day, great! Even if you are only able to do 15 min worth of small universe in one day that will work too. If you can, around the same time of day.

Dzogchen- Thank you for the information. I was asking BaguaKicksAss to expand on what she was going to say because I have found the things she shares to be interesting and insightful.

I was curious as to what she was going to say.

Peace.

I don't see visible chi, but i do see invisible potential. It is not apart from ordinary situations. It's not a recreational, phenomenal thing separated from the context of the situation.

Actually it drives the situation. I call it potential. I don't know if energy is the same or different.

Perhaps it is too boring though, because you can't see it with your physical eyes. But it doesn't require any exercises.

• Like 1

wait for a dog or a cat to stare at something seemingly not there with a lot of intent then look closely where they are looking

i also agree with the eye relaxing/peripheral vision thing :)

I don't know if this counts as seeing chi, but there's a way to see auras that's not too hard. Look at some one in a dim room. It helps if there's a light background behind them and they're still. Your eyes should be set at 'wide focus', a relaxed peripheral vision, aware of the person but not staring at them. In a dim room you should be able to pick up a white aura around them.

Some people see colors. I don't, just a white light, often more coming the head region. Some say its just a trick of the optical system.

also one can look at their own hands. if you do any iron palm training, look at your hands afterwards.

explain lower dantien breathing to him...if he understands that concept, then expand the context, upper dantien/niwan breathing (gently!) and harmonize the two. this seeing comes from the wisdom eye at the niwan, the third eye part of it is just a focal point/conduit. youre not looking with something of the length/width/height/time dimension.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this