adept

Xiang Gong - Fragrant Qigong

1 minute ago, Toni said:

Is there any way to enhance fragrant practice? Maybe training in the outside to better connect with these energy fields?

It's simple to strengthen the energy fields: Practice with more people together.

Yes, i thought about that. But in my experience people will not come regularly to do that

• Sad 1

Maybe if there is a field of trees can help too, specially pines

Edited by Toni

3 minutes ago, Toni said:

Maybe if there is a field of trees can help too, specially pines

Practicing around trees is good usually.

The age or species of the tree(s) doesn't matter as much that you feel connected and comfortable around it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, virtue said:

This is my speculative take on the matter, but I find it a reasonable theory based on how the different Fa Shen (I can't remember if this was the term I had seen used elsewhere) mechanisms work in various Qigong styles (like Falun Gong and the vastly superior Wu Wei Qigong by George Xu).

Could be yeah. 

All i know is it drained my qi and then yuanqi to really dangerous levels.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, virtue said:

Qigong styles have different means of energetic operation.

Yeah exactly.

In reality the majority of people are not in the group that would be negatively affected by any training.

However when you have built a lot of Qi and have a Qi generating practice, you become sensitive in some ways.

Things can affect you strongly at certain stages… herbs for instance have a far stronger effect, so you have to be careful… psychedelics and drugs too.

When you have a lot more Qi than others, they will naturally absorb some of your Qi - so getting treatments usually charges up the one doing the treatment - and you’re left with some pathogens to deal with.

Similarly certain esoteric practices may well have quite different effects.

It’s important to be cautious when you’re in the middle of a long term process of development. DIY is not a good thing at that stage.

• Like 1

As some of you may know, Sifu John Dolic has produced instructional videos for Fragrant Qigong levels 1 & 2. In my opinion, these instructions are a very good learning material and I have bought and used them myself. Sifu Dolic has practiced Fragrant Qigong and many other Qigong styles for about three decades, he has a schooling in TCM, and he also has visited the family of Grandmaster Tian Ruisheng (of Fragrant Qigong fame). I would by all means call him an expert on internal cultivation, although he isn't a philosophically oriented theory person like the armchair Neidan-ist like myself can be.

I asked Sifu Dolic: Did you begin with the Fragrant Qigong practice before accomplishing the electric Faqi?

He answered:

I'll just quickly say here that I started faqi long before Fragrant Qigong. The initial realisation that I was able to do it came soon after I embarked on practicing Spontaneous 5 Animals Play while serious progression came through Tai Chi Bagua Qigong (or: SIght Improving Qigong as I call it to make it easier for people who are fed up with weird terms :)

Please note that Tai Chi Bagua Qigong is a Neidan style that directly develops a powerful Dantian for energy projection and healing eyesight and vision problems in particular. It's thus clear that Sifu Dolic had both powerful Dantian and Faqi capability before beginning with Fragrant Qigong.

Therefore, it can be ruled that so far all that has been speculated about the causes of the compatibility issue between 小梦想's Neigong and Fragrant Qigong is proven false and the actual reason for the adverse reaction remains completely unknown.

If 小梦想 wishes to find out what went wrong in his case, then I would suggest him to consult some powerful oracle like Akashic Reading that has an extensive vocabulary to explain the issue with clarity. Other than this, I don't think that any follow-up discussion is necessary or capable of bringing better understanding to the table.

29 minutes ago, virtue said:

As some of you may know, Sifu John Dolic has produced instructional videos for Fragrant Qigong levels 1 & 2. In my opinion, these instructions are a very good learning material and I have bought and used them myself. Sifu Dolic has practiced Fragrant Qigong and many other Qigong styles for about three decades, he has a schooling in TCM, and he also has visited the family of Grandmaster Tian Ruisheng (of Fragrant Qigong fame). I would by all means call him an expert on internal cultivation, although he isn't a philosophically oriented theory person like the armchair Neidan-ist like myself can be.

I asked Sifu Dolic: Did you begin with the Fragrant Qigong practice before accomplishing the electric Faqi?

He answered:

Please note that Tai Chi Bagua Qigong is a Neidan style that directly develops a powerful Dantian for energy projection and healing eyesight and vision problems in particular. It's thus clear that Sifu Dolic had both powerful Dantian and Faqi capability before beginning with Fragrant Qigong.

Therefore, it can be ruled that so far all that has been speculated about the causes of the compatibility issue between 小梦想's Neigong and Fragrant Qigong is proven false and the actual reason for the adverse reaction remains completely unknown.

If 小梦想 wishes to find out what went wrong in his case, then I would suggest him to consult some powerful oracle like Akashic Reading that has an extensive vocabulary to explain the issue with clarity. Other than this, I don't think that any follow-up discussion is necessary or capable of bringing better understanding to the table.

Is there anyone that can vouch for John Dolics ability to FaQi electric Qi? 

The above are alleged statements. What is necessary is direct experience with said teacher showing that is the case. 

小梦想 has experience with multiple teachers with Fa Qi ability some of them well known in neigong circles. I am unaware of John Dolic being known in similar circles. 

Can you enlighten us in this respect? Thank you.

For the record, I mean no disrespect to you or your teacher with my questioning and hope it is not interpreted that way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anshino23 said:

Is there anyone that can vouch for John Dolics ability to FaQi electric Qi? 

Unfortunately, I don't have the direct experience, but I trust Dolic's word.

@Earl Grey Have you seen Dolic do Faqi, or would you have another way to verify?

3 minutes ago, virtue said:

Unfortunately, I don't have the direct experience, but I trust Dolic's word.

@Earl Grey Have you seen Dolic do Faqi, or would you have another way to verify?

I haven't experienced electrical faqi from Dolic. I do know that what he does made the whole room feel like a microwave though when I was with him for a week in Bali years ago. 

He does know about electrical qi, but his view towards it is that it isn't a big deal to him and prefers people just heal themselves with simple techniques he offers to teach. He also has a lot of things he doesn't advertise that he knows publicly, but I'll refrain from saying anything about that out of respect for him and the inner door students. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, virtue said:

Appreciate the feedback.

It's ok, I tried it because the higher levels were meant to be really effective for healing and my main reason for coming to china was to learn neigong to enhance my ability to treat patients (and to learn how to treat patients). I want to experience other systems too and not lock myself into a mentality that only one system is superior and nothing else is worth knowing. There are likely many hidden gems to be found all around if you don't close yourself off to them.

It just wasn't compatible for me, whatever the reason may be. To be safe though, I will continue to tell people who learn from me to avoid practices where you emit cosmic/heavenly energy for healing people or charging objects/water.

Edited by 小梦想
Always fixing grammar.
  • Thanks 1

I practice Fragrant Qigong, this is my second time picking it up. I too was skeptical when I learned that the master died of liver cancer. But then I read that energy healers treating large numbers of people tend to die early. This makes sense if they are using up their pre-natal Qi to heal others. Edgar Cayce was warned in 1945 to limit the number of psychic readings in order to preserve his health. But he did not do that and died in his 60's that year due to the great demand on his services because of the war going on. 

Edited by tao stillness
additional information recalled.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tao stillness said:

I practice Fragrant Qigong, this is my second time picking it up. I too was skeptical when I learned that the master died of liver cancer in 1968. But then I read that energy healers treating large numbers of people tend to die early. This makes sense if they are using up their pre-natal Qi to heal others. Edgar Cayce was warned in 1945 to limit the number of psychic readings in order to preserve his health. But he did not do that and died in his 60's that year due to the great demand on his services because of the war going on. 

He didn’t die in 1968 as he was teaching in 1989 still. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tao stillness said:

Yes, I got those dates wrong, Master Tian died in 1995. 

Edgar Cayce, of course, died in 1945. 

Tian didn't die--he went into seclusion according to Dolic, who knew his family and disputes the CCP official story.

He may have died in seclusion, but that was not the year he left, let alone died.

Dolic was with his family in the 2000s.

Hi Johnny,

When I had a Skype session with John Dolic a few years ago he did mention his time with the Tian family. But I don't recall if he had at that time changed his mind about Master Tian's dead or disappeared status. I do know that I changed my mind after reading the report on the charges against the Tian family for collecting his pension after he died from liver cancer. They were charged with creating the story that he simply disappeared in 1995, I think the year was. The son in the family was then put in prison for awhile. John did tell me that when he visited the Tian family, the master was not there.