Awen

When John Chang says....

I have heard about the "erection that does not go away" from several people. sounds very interesting. I have not experienced that myself. Can u elaborate more on this?

When the lower tan tien is filled the body will be filled with strong electromagnetic fields - you will have telepathy, telekinesis as healing energy and you will be able to sit in full lotus for 2 hours nonstop in ease - or as Wang Liping had to do -- 4 hours nonstop - but he was not in ease -- he was tied down. haha.

So vibration just means that there is some yang energy being created - the positive principle as Taoist Yoga calls it. So then you sublimate the positive principle and add more spirit fire to it -- physical celibacy is not enough - it has to be mind celibacy on Emptiness for 100 days. At that time there is the erection that does not go away - and this is the real alchemical agent when the lower tan tien is full.

Probably want to stay off the internet for that.

I would do this in a second but I live with four females who attack me if I start building up my energy. haha.

I have heard about the "erection that does not go away" from several people. sounds very interesting. I have not experienced that myself. Can u elaborate more on this?

It goes away - just not right away. So you sublimate the energy up the back - and - this is from Taoist Yoga - so the erection normally retracts but if you do several breaths of sublimation - I think nine times - and the erection has not retracted yet - then it is a sign that the lower tan tien is full of the yin chi energy.

So actually at this point the body will be full of electromagnetic energy - so a good sign for me was when I sat in full lotus and I had pain in the feet - I just used the sword fingers to shoot chi out of my hands into my feet and the pain went away instantly.

So in other words full lotus with no pain since the channels are open.

But yeah Muktananda in his autobio said how when he entered into nirvikalpa samadhi he had an erection that would not go away.

So same thing.

Umm -- of course this is why this stuff is next to impossible in the modern society since chicks sense this energy and chase after it - and society is based on draining this energy from males, etc.

ummm....

so the erection can only be from the Emptiness - not from evil thoughts. So also this channel connects after 11 pm - that is when the yang channel opens up - so that is when the MCO is to be kicked in as the real alchemical agent.

It's like the -- how people say - the real small universe is only after the lower tan tien is filled with yin chi energy.

Actually qigong master Jim Nance just called me and he thanked me for the birthday blogpost I did when he spent his birthday with me. haha. But he then asked me about the Taoist Yoga book as he was intrigued from reading about it on my blog.

I said well it's all based on the small universe meditation. He goes - ah - now that makes sense. He said how Chunyi said you could reach Level 15 just by doing small universe meditation (MCO). haha.

So qigong master Jim Nance said he wanted to talk to me more about that Taoist Yoga book.

I should just bring him a copy on Friday.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating it......

But moving back to the theme of this thread..... for the last number of years when i imagined JC performing "the meditation" i imagined that he moved into some hyper-reality whereby he would have simultaneous communion with spirits (i.e. his dead master) and ability to travel (a la astral travel) and access to vast tracts of knowledge that he otherwise would not have...... is this all unrealistic, and in fact the meditation is much more Zen-like?

Or is it just a case that we dont know and are speculating?

I think i should clarify the maybe obvious point that i have not read any of the books by former or alleged students of his.

Or is it just a case that we dont know and are speculating?

We know what he described to his students pretty well.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I've never heard zen described as the state between waking and sleeping.

Chan (Zen) is very much awake. YET, when in deep concentration, it is as though there is no discrimination on the sky above and the earth below. Some say it is like a state in between awake and sleep, but in truth, it is a total "one-ness" with what is thought to be all that is.

If there is a "communion" with spirits, then it isn't the state of non-production" which is realized in Chan. It is thus the cause of one's samadhi "concentration power" which allows them to pass through various states and realms. States can feel like an in between wake and sleep. Thus many can become mistaken when describing what they experienced in Chan meditation.

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1

Does Chan/Zen lead to a state of suspended animation where the respiration, and heartbeat slow down to imperceptible levels?

You can appear as a living dead person. Outside is no sign of life, but inside there is a full on working mechanism going on.

• Like 2

I should read up on Muktananda. I have also seen some pictures of yogis sitting in lotus with erections. I never understood those pics untill i started to hear about this part from books and personal testimonies of people who have went through those stages. Very interesting.

It goes away - just not right away. So you sublimate the energy up the back - and - this is from Taoist Yoga - so the erection normally retracts but if you do several breaths of sublimation - I think nine times - and the erection has not retracted yet - then it is a sign that the lower tan tien is full of the yin chi energy.

So actually at this point the body will be full of electromagnetic energy - so a good sign for me was when I sat in full lotus and I had pain in the feet - I just used the sword fingers to shoot chi out of my hands into my feet and the pain went away instantly.

So in other words full lotus with no pain since the channels are open.

But yeah Muktananda in his autobio said how when he entered into nirvikalpa samadhi he had an erection that would not go away.

So same thing.

Umm -- of course this is why this stuff is next to impossible in the modern society since chicks sense this energy and chase after it - and society is based on draining this energy from males, etc.

ummm....

so the erection can only be from the Emptiness - not from evil thoughts. So also this channel connects after 11 pm - that is when the yang channel opens up - so that is when the MCO is to be kicked in as the real alchemical agent.

It's like the -- how people say - the real small universe is only after the lower tan tien is filled with yin chi energy.

Actually qigong master Jim Nance just called me and he thanked me for the birthday blogpost I did when he spent his birthday with me. haha. But he then asked me about the Taoist Yoga book as he was intrigued from reading about it on my blog.

I said well it's all based on the small universe meditation. He goes - ah - now that makes sense. He said how Chunyi said you could reach Level 15 just by doing small universe meditation (MCO). haha.

So qigong master Jim Nance said he wanted to talk to me more about that Taoist Yoga book.

I should read up on Muktananda. I have also seen some pictures of yogis sitting in lotus with erections. I never understood those pics untill i started to hear about this part from books and personal testimonies of people who have went through those stages. Very interesting.

If you study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" it states how the big problem is how religious people are more easily sexually activated and then use that energy and so it completely ruins their training. This is what happened to me.

It happened to Muktananda in an even worse way as he was physically molesting girls, etc. and then he died young.

Umm... so yeah for you to say you have seen these photos - why not post links - because I have never seen photos like that - it seems strange to say this.

The traditional Brahmin training is that there can be no eye contact with females for the Brahmin priest and if it happens then a three day purification ritual is required.

So actually there is retraction of the reproductive organ as all that energy is turned into spirit-qi energy.

So like the Taoist Yoga book says at the end then the reproductive organ just shrivels away and no longer can function since the last bit of energy has been sucked away from it. haha.

If you search on google there is an indian yogi in cross leged psoture with erect penis. I tried to find it again, but can't seem to get it. Also Sri Aurobindo talks about the needed transformation of the sexual organ for higher consciousnes to start functioning.

If you study the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" it states how the big problem is how religious people are more easily sexually activated and then use that energy and so it completely ruins their training. This is what happened to me.

It happened to Muktananda in an even worse way as he was physically molesting girls, etc. and then he died young.

Umm... so yeah for you to say you have seen these photos - why not post links - because I have never seen photos like that - it seems strange to say this.

The traditional Brahmin training is that there can be no eye contact with females for the Brahmin priest and if it happens then a three day purification ritual is required.

So actually there is retraction of the reproductive organ as all that energy is turned into spirit-qi energy.

So like the Taoist Yoga book says at the end then the reproductive organ just shrivels away and no longer can function since the last bit of energy has been sucked away from it. haha.

Edited by digitalyogi

I hear that one can become enlightened and still have a family.

Yes. Enlightenment does not mean you must first become a monk. For example, Hui Neng realized Enlightenment before he left the home life. There are stories of enlightened families as well.

Some things do need to be put down...but not till much later stages...lol But nothing is written in stone, meaning it is not fixed, but the principle is. lol

• Like 2

I've never heard zen described as the state between waking and sleeping.

Edit: to correct typo

Zazen is the practice of letting everything drop away, until one goes back to a promordial state... this is contrasted with what i suggested as being the understanding of JC's words that i came away with- nonetheless zen meditation when very deeply entered into by an individual of great capacity CAN lower heartbeat and in effect appears to be much akin to a bear's hibernation- however this is not what i was asking.

Edited by Awen

Well in a nut shell, i suppose i wanted to know how John Chang performed meditation- but i think specifically above i was asking whether his meditative experiences were akin to Shamanic Journeying or Zen type meditation as explained above.

I think in the long term the first question is more pertinent.... is there any definitive source of instruction regarding his meditation (as opposed his superhuman capabilities)?

Edit: by that i mean sources or resources that are potentially available.

Edited by Awen

Well in a nut shell, i suppose i wanted to know how John Chang performed meditation- but i think specifically above i was asking whether his meditative experiences were akin to Shamanic Journeying or Zen type meditation as explained above.

I think in the long term the first question is more pertinent.... is there any definitive source of instruction regarding his meditation (as opposed his superhuman capabilities)?

there's been a zillion john chang threads on this forum - I know the search engine is not the best here but as for the "real" methods - they are closed to Westerners anyway.

“You know how in meditation we slow down our breathing and our pulse? It’s because we move more and more into our yin consciousness.”

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (p. 52)

“Where does yin ch’i come from?” Andreas asked.

“From the earth. The yin comes from the earth. It is some kind of field phenomenon that feeds our lifeforce. It can be blocked by insulators. For example, if you have a carpet made from synthetic materials in your house, the yin ch’i cannot pass through it. That’s not so good for your health. “The yin ch’i enters the body through an acupuncture point that we call hui yin, he added. “It’s located between the urinary tract and the anus.”

Danaos, Kosta The Magus of Java (p. 104).

He explained to me, “Your yin comes from the earth and you need to be connected to it.” He said I have to sit outside on the ground. This was somewhat troubling because where I live it snows about twice a year and rains a lot, so while he was telling me this I was trying to figure how I was going to be able to do it. He also told me yang comes from the air and enters the energy point on the top of your head. And it needs to be equally balanced with my yin which enters another energy point at the area of your perineum.

McMillan, Jim Seeking the Master of Mo Pai (p. 178).

“What is actual meditation like?” I asked.

“There are no thoughts and there is no sense of time. If you are

thinking, you are not in meditation. If you are aware of yourself, you

are also not in meditation. You must become like a baby in the womb,

there and yet not there. Meditation is like the borderline between

sleep and waking, between consciousness and unconsciousness.”

“Very difficult.”

“Not so difficult, Kosta. You stayed in meditation for long peri-

ods when you were an embryo and a baby, and you pass through it

now each time you drift off to sleep. You just have to remember how.”

Danaos, Kosta The Magus of Java (p. 82)

"I will enter total meditation—like the borderline between sleep and waking, okay?"

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (p. 56)

Countless different Qigong and meditation exercises exist. All teach the basic idea of using consciousness to go into the emptiness where thoughts ultimately cease or greatly diminish and sensory connections to our bodies fade. We and everything in our world are all from the emptiness and will go back to the emptiness. It is a state of pure energy where we are one with the universe.

We use sensation of the body to feel the moving Qi.

Deep and long breathing has always been vital in all forms of Qigong.

-Chunyi Lin (Spring Forest Qigong)

• Like 1

“You know how in meditation we slow down our breathing and our pulse? It’s because we move more and more into our yin consciousness.”

The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (p. 52)

Do you meditate in full lotus? I was just reading some of Kostas second book and he mentions how full lotus is twice as effective as half lotus in Mo Pai.

I am sure that full lotus is optimal, but a profoundly deep state of trance makes a lot more difference to how fast you progress. Just sitting full lotus itself does absolutely nothing, you must be in the correct state of consciousness with laser like focus while in a state of metabolic suspended animation for long periods of time.

Do you meditate in full lotus? I was just reading some of Kostas second book and he mentions how full lotus is twice as effective as half lotus in Mo Pai.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

9 hours cross legged = 3 hours half lotus = 1 hour full lotus.... :)

Maybe assuming you were in the optimal depth of trance and had master level focus. Otherwise it's a moot point.

No im talking from my own experience of drawing in to my dantian... posture, intensity of concentration, method of breathing, and what you do with your mind all add up...

But i think i read that somewhere on some dragon gate blog...

... "this chi stuff is only the surface of the real adventure beneath in the meditational technique"

What does he mean?

I don't understand how obsessed some people are with chi. It's still just form! What does it have to do with Tao?

We do need to develop our chi for sure, but let's not forget the far more significant things: virtue, mind, insight. And even those are nothing but the features of an extraordinary but still deluded being, without making the actual leap through the gateless gate.

So I sigh at the people constantly playing with chi channels and circulations. That stuff has a place, but acting like the body is the supreme thing and getting a perfect body is itself liberation suggests no awareness of the basic point of cultivation - transcending all phenomena to realise Tao.

How can getting a perfect body take you beyond form, sensation, conception, volition and consciousness to the Tao which contains all without touching and is outside all dualities, including the duality of duality vs. non-duality? LOL. :D

Edited by Seeker of the Self
  • Like 1