Sign in to follow this  
timelessness

Vegan Diet

As for acid / alkaline... There should be balance. If you go only veggie it will make you alkaline sooner or later. That is why they suggest eat a little of animal products. But I believe that vinegar must help. Every morning drink water with little of vinegar.

Grain to be meant as food in general i.e. eat less. It is one of the sense of the metaphor.

Second one is that not to fall in mundane world of passion and so on... I have read good article on this where was explained that this is only metaphors. Yes, grains do some harm. But it is such grains as white rice and wheat. Avoid it. All other grains must be soaked in the water prior to cooking.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28443-gluten-and-neurological-diseases-other/

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

For what it's worth, neither Max Christensen nor Jenny Lamb advocate vegan/vegetarian/raw eating.... which bears consideration (IMO) given the individuals involved.

Even Max, who *is* largely raw (or was last october) has red fish every few weeks to maintain balance.

just sayin.

balance.

• Like 3

If you want to virtually eliminate cancer and most forms of arthritis a very low intake threshold of meat and dairy will do it.

Dairy is clearly a health hazard over low intake thresholds and meat is as well.

Check out both The China Study and the movie Forks Over Knives.

There are so many billions of vegetarians that have lived long and very productive lives including top athletes and more that the idea that it does not provide enough of anything is ridiculous.

And certainly any diet can go from good to bad in the hands of one with poor judgement or a penchant for over doing things.

It is amazing how many people who could " never" become grass eaters become grass eaters when their doctor tells them they need to change their diet or they will not live to see their kids grow up. The intelligent person reads the labels on the statin drugs and runs from them into the hands of a vegetarian diet.

The average heart bypass is accompanied by mini stokes that frequently leave patients with considerable memory loss for a considerable amount of time. It is why so many doctors choose a vegetarian diet when they are diagnosed with arterial problems - they understand how Western medicine only offers patch and repair - diet is the real thing and the answer is cut waaaay down on meat and pretty much eliminate dairy and if possible go vegetarian or vegan.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Dr. Brian Clement from the Hippocrates Health Institute has a lot of really interesting things to say on this topic and has done a lot of groundbreaking research.

First, he says the vegan B12 deficiency thing is a myth, as most people who consume meat are deficient in B12 to begin with, and that animal sourced B12 is not well assimilated, as are most B12 supplements. He says that many generations ago, our appendix was much larger and served as a B12 "storage" unit (B12 is supposedly a living molecule, like a probioitic). Since we have lost the proper usage of our appendix the B12 in our diets needs to be replaced constantly.

He also had a lot of interesting things to say about fish and how they are way, way worse for your health than even red meat. He said fish is one of the worst things you could possibly consume, and gives some legit evidence for why. Real eye-opening stuff!

Dr. Brian Clement from the Hippocrates Health Institute has a lot of really interesting things to say on this topic and has done a lot of groundbreaking research.

First, he says the vegan B12 deficiency thing is a myth, as most people who consume meat are deficient in B12 to begin with, and that animal sourced B12 is not well assimilated, as are most B12 supplements. He says that many generations ago, our appendix was much larger and served as a B12 "storage" unit (B12 is supposedly a living molecule, like a probioitic). Since we have lost the proper usage of our appendix the B12 in our diets needs to be replaced constantly.

He also had a lot of interesting things to say about fish and how they are way, way worse for your health than even red meat. He said fish is one of the worst things you could possibly consume, and gives some legit evidence for why. Real eye-opening stuff!

His ideas has to go through the scientific process; until that they are speculation, however well-founded.

If you want to virtually eliminate cancer and most forms of arthritis a very low intake threshold of meat and dairy will do it.

Dairy is clearly a health hazard over low intake thresholds and meat is as well.

Check out both The China Study and the movie Forks Over Knives.

There are so many billions of vegetarians that have lived long and very productive lives including top athletes and more that the idea that it does not provide enough of anything is ridiculous.

And certainly any diet can go from good to bad in the hands of one with poor judgement or a penchant for over doing things.

It is amazing how many people who could " never" become grass eaters become grass eaters when their doctor tells them they need to change their diet or they will not live to see their kids grow up. The intelligent person reads the labels on the statin drugs and runs from them into the hands of a vegetarian diet.

The average heart bypass is accompanied by mini stokes that frequently leave patients with considerable memory loss for a considerable amount of time. It is why so many doctors choose a vegetarian diet when they are diagnosed with arterial problems - they understand how Western medicine only offers patch and repair - diet is the real thing and the answer is cut waaaay down on meat and pretty much eliminate dairy and if possible go vegetarian or vegan.

Spotless:

I have to mention that things are not as simple as this (unfortunately, or debating would never have to take place!). There are tribes that almost exclusively lived out of raw meat and milk; their health and longevity was optimal. In fact, there are lots of people nowadays that claim that they restored their health from grave diseases (such as cancer) by eating a raw meat-diet and raw milk diet.

A big reason for these debates is a moral one. Meat isn't inherently bad, otherwise carnivorous and omnivorous animals would get cancer and the whole gamut of diseases as well; but the whole issue is spiritualized, and people push forward ideas in large part out of personal ideology, more than adhering strictly to the results of research.

M

• Like 1

Can anybody elaborate here why plant protein powders can not replace animal protein intake?

I have read Ya Mu's blog where he advices to take mix of organic soy milk and whey protein. I am not sure that soy milk is healthy to be honest but would like to give it a try. (Or mix cacao drink with organic soy protein plus a dose of plants protein powder). These "mixtures" have all vitamins including b12.

I have been taking organic raw plants mix in powder for a while and I eat cheese sometime and feel no bad at all.

What could possibly go wrong with it?

Edited by Eugene

Are humans meant to eat meat? Can you get all the necessary nutrients from vegan diet?

http://rense.com/general20/meant.htm

We ate nothing in the beginning, but we began to eat at a certain point. When? I do not know but I want to know allong my journey.

Food is only for purification. It is medicine that we have turned into something so absurd... that makes us sick. Horrific.

Veganism only works perfectly in a warmer climate I have witnessed, because you eat lots of colder foods. Which means their natural quality makes you feel cold. And feeling cold, when it is cold outside and having already 3layers of wool-pullovers on your body... makes you depressive non-theless.

The diet-system in Tao is perfectly balanced. Since you want to balance your system in order to spiritually grow, this is perfect.

Veganism is a perfect springboard when you are at a certain advanced level of spirituality and you are already well-centered. Then you cleanse your system and go more and more into liquid foods which lets you gradually get away from eating physical food, to only drinking water, to living again from pure cosmic energy, light, prana, thousand other words, all the same. And this, is our natural state.

We were pure once and eating naturally connected us closer to the earth, made us re-incarnate into this system. Basicly this happened automatically and the actual spiritual growth, that is behind everything we are, was slowed drasticly.

I mean where do people grow spiritually nowadays that are not interested in deeper spirituality?

Either they pray and do it on a level of believes, which works rather unconscious or they purely do it in sleep. Like we all do every night, ascending our information.

You can imagine how you bring things faster into place when you wake up, beome more and more conscious, grow your spirit and finally be able to exit the reincarnation cycle. It is written, that from the end of 21.12.2012 due to the female aspect of the earth (no precise dates happening, works more with emotions and feelings) up to somewhere in 2015 the earth will shift in it's totallity. And that means around 500.000 people will stay here and the rest has to leave. Those who stay here are ment to clean the earth. I can only assume those will be higher spiritual humans. I mean I already feel this to be true by the tingling I get inside my body when writing it, a spiritual "yes".

Where the rest goes? No worries, we only have fear from he human perspective of dying. We "died" alot in our "past". Dying only means falling asleep and wake up to one of our dreams. Thats the whole mystery, to expand this a little for the purpose of - again - not creating fear.

All the best :)

Veganism is a perfect springboard when you are at a certain advanced level of spirituality and you are already well-centered. Then you cleanse your system...

Can you elaborate why I should not try to cleanse myself right now and wait until.... And why plants protein can not replace the same amino-acids of animal protein?

Can you elaborate why I should not try to cleanse myself right now and wait until.... And why plants protein can not replace the same amino-acids of animal protein?

You can cleanse yourself whenever you want. Cleansing is more than just cleansing. Emotional patters are set free, your world can turn upside down. Which is always a good thing. When you first focus on spirituality, you have a background that explains a lot what will happen during the cleanse. Is this understandable? For example that it is always wholesome not to identify with emotions and truely understand this and feel this. Which might already take half to 1year.

Cleansing sounds fantastic, and it truely is. But people really need to understand that a whole landslide of emotions can be set free when cleansing :) again, this is good. But wants to be understood.

I do not say you will - but there are people who were so "shocked" by everything that happened during and after cleanses that they instantly demonized it, because they did not understand that it is Good to get sick (in this way) because the body flushes out toxins and this can come in forms of heavier illnesses.

I have no understanding why plant proteins should not be able to replace animals' in terms of usefulness for the body. Protein is mainly used for the reproduction and the advancement of tissue in all kind of shapes in our body. From organs to even our brain.

Plants vibrate higher than animals normally do. Since those animals approx 85% of the people eat already have negative emotions stored inside them. Regardless of how ethical one thinks it is to kill an animal.

It is all about vibrations, if you eat an animal or not. To make fun about it, it would be possible to find a unicorn out there with a perfect vibration close to an enlightened being, but then again the body takes more energy to digest animal products in all forms. So That ontop means that your body needs energy to ... get energy out of the food? How much sense does that make? :) this is 2013, not 2012.

And another thing ontop of that: Plants and minerals and everything on this planet "above" animals get their energy Directly From The Source. While animals consume their food out of second hand. We degenerated beings consume this energy then either by eating plants (which would for us be 2nd hand) or by eating animals, which is then 3rd hand. Or even worse consume processed food which has most certainly 0,0001% of the original life-force in it.

Why not start a way towards consuming our "food" directly from our Source again? There are already thousands of people who live like that and more are following. There is nothing more blissful to experience than being fully Consciously connected to our spirit up to this far-out extension of Our Source.

I can and I will not choose for other people. Even not for my family. That already created too much negative situations. So it is always best to Live and inspire others by what you do, not by what you preach.

Edited by 4bsolute

Veganism is a perfect springboard when you are at a certain advanced level of spirituality and you are already well-centered. Then you cleanse your system and go more and more into liquid foods

and

I have no understanding why plant proteins should not be able to replace animals' in terms of usefulness for the body.

If it CAN replace then why not to replace it and start cleansing not waiting until you are on certain level? Too much cleansing is bad I presume

and

If it CAN replace then why not to replace it and start cleansing not waiting until you are on certain level? Too much cleansing is bad I presume

lol, cleansing means that your keeping your body clean. So if your presuming that having your body kept clean is a bad thing then that would mean that you think its okay to have a toxic body?

There can never be too much cleansing if you want your body to be pure......

Veganism is a perfect springboard when you are at a certain advanced level of spirituality

Yup, when you are advanced enough to refuse cruelty to animals.

What if the animal died of natural causes, in comfort, surrounded by its loved ones?

Furthermore, veganism bans not just meat, but milk and eggs too. Cows always produce milk and birds lay unfertilized eggs all the time. If you don't milk the cow, it'll hurt. If you don't eat that egg, it'll rot.

Of course: Since you will choose and develop an ethical system that makes yourself and your actions look good.

What if the animal died of natural causes, in comfort, surrounded by its loved ones?

Furthermore, veganism bans not just meat, but milk and eggs too. Cows always produce milk and birds lay unfertilized eggs all the time. If you don't milk the cow, it'll hurt. If you don't eat that egg, it'll rot.

What you describe here is not the reality of the meat/eggs/milk industry. It is Utopia. To answer your question, I would have no ethical problem with eating a dead animal which died from natural causes. (Well,I would have digestive problems I guess). But if you buy meat in your local store, it's always from a slaughtered animal, that didn't die in comfort, surrouded by loved ones, but rather one that died in horror in a cold environement.

Cows do not always produce milk: they do it only to feed their calf. The so-called calf was separated from its mother a few days after birth. So it's not humane at all either.

I have less problems with eggs, if the hens are bred in good conditions (which is not so common anymore, but still it does exist)

So I'll put it diferently:

I don't want "veganism", I want the end of slaughterhouses.

Edited by baiqi

I always wondered: what then of the hunter/gatherer tribes that rely on meat to survive? What of the inuit that eat a diet nearly exclusively consisting of animal flesh??!

Inuit have been shown to suffer from abnormal levels of osteoperosis due to that diet.

so it seems like the science of nutrition is vague. how do we know what kind of nutrients does the body need and what quantity? how do we know what body size and shape needs how many of these nutrients?

Did humans start eating meat after they discovered fire? how did they eat it before there was fire, if they did? can an athlete live off of vegan diet? it seems like it.

lol, cleansing means that your keeping your body clean. So if your presuming that having your body kept clean is a bad thing then that would mean that you think its okay to have a toxic body?

There can never be too much cleansing if you want your body to be pure......

too fast cleansing can be harmful. there is gut and stomach flora which have been built for decades of animal protein consumption. and if you suddenly halt taking it than it can be bad for your body. body does not like sudden changes.

Have you ever done a fast Eugene?

I used to fast for 24-36 hours few years ago but not anymore. Just don't feel comfortable with fast. I like to practice in the mornings and evenings and food is kinda prize for me. It grounds me. I am vata dosha and if i have empty stomach i get agitated a little. But sometime I eat less during day or only drinking milk or tea for 24 hours

cool :)

I was going to say my fasts /"cleansing" etc have been good and invigorating... though I suppose my diet has always been pretty clean.

Not sure how a person with a really toxic diet would react.

It's somewhat like keeping your car serviced etc...you look after your car it looks after you... you leave it go for ages... it's gonna cost big.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Sign in to follow this