hydrogen

Break loose your lock bone and spread open your wing bone.

This post is a feel good self congratulation disguised as helpful information.

Finally I can feel the qi flowing from my neck down to the tip of my fingers after a year of daily work.

I had my shoulder totally frozen up due to years of inproper usage. I could do over fifty dips on parallel bar and one hand push up. But I couldn't scratch my own back. My shoulder was a solid mass.

The calvicle bone is called "lock" bone in Chinese. It locks up the wing bone (scapula) so you can't fly.

• Like 12

Sounds gross, but I suppose a congratulations is in order. How far up can you go? And how long can you fly before you feel tired/exhausted? I mean, can you make it all the way to the groceries? Or is it more like, "Honey, open the window! I'm coming in!"

• Like 3

need the proper stretching compliment...when I had too much upper body mass I used to do almost that many with a 45lb plate hanging from my weight belt, but my back didnt like me weighing almost 180.

• Like 2

how does one go about doing whatever it is that you did?

I've done anything I know that might work.

• Massage and self massage. My massage therapist is very good.
  • Charopractor
  • Yoga
  • Shaking every morning.
  • Taoist swinging arm
  • walking with good arm swing.
  • Aikido hand exercises (I do it whenever I can remember)
  • Qi Gong (swing your arms like a bird)
  • Zumba class
  • Like 3

People don't shake enough. ITS AMAZING. 3-5 minutes of shaking, anytime of the day and BOOM!

• Like 5

People don't shake enough. ITS AMAZING. 3-5 minutes of shaking, anytime of the day and BOOM!

or try 3 to 5 hours ;)

Sorry back on thread. Nice achievement Hydrogen :)

• Like 4

or try 3 to 5 hours ;)

Sorry back on thread. Nice achievement Hydrogen :)

Thank you. It's totally OK with off topic discussion with me so long it's useful or entertaining.

How can you shake for 5 hours? I'd be exhausted in half hour.

Are you in a group setting? Do you have external source of energy like a drum or loud music? Or a cute girl with a whip?

• Like 1

Or a cute girl with a whip?

i love looking at odd things in the scope of spirituality, and this association just takes the cake

• Like 1

Thank you. It's totally OK with off topic discussion with me so long it's useful or entertaining.

How can you shake for 5 hours? I'd be exhausted in half hour.

Are you in a group setting? Do you have external source of energy like a drum or loud music? Or a cute girl with a whip?

lol, its not too hard. I usually aim for round 3 hours, but every now and then that is just not enough, and I line up the appropriate amount of music on my ipod to carry me through. I like my music to cycle through various moods and atmospheres.

As for effort, I follow myself on principle, so as I get puffed out, I am naturally slowing down to more subtle tremors and quivering more than furious shaking which obviously couldn't be sustained...

It works really well.

• Like 1

This long shaking sounds really intriguing Seth Anada. I've done standing shaking for a few minutes at a time as a kind of warm-up, but nothing like what you're talking about. Is the effect different than a spontaneous movement practice like kunlun? (If thats something you ever did.)

And oh yeah, nice achievement Hydrogen!

Hey I did Yigong and Kunlun and they are pretty similar. I don't practice sitting very often as I much prefer shaking while standing.

The main thing is that over long durations it creates a huge energy. It can be a descent of energy, or Kundalini energy, or both. But Its huge. you need to have something to do with all that energy over the next few days, or you may burst at the seams...

That no Kundalini thing max blabs on about in regards to Kunlun makes no sense to me whatsoever...

• Like 4

Hey I did Yigong and Kunlun and they are pretty similar. I don't practice sitting very often as I much prefer shaking while standing.

The main thing is that over long durations it creates a huge energy. It can be a descent of energy, or Kundalini energy, or both. But Its huge. you need to have something to do with all that energy over the next few days, or you may burst at the seams...

That no Kundalini thing max blabs on about in regards to Kunlun makes no sense to me whatsoever...

Could it be possible your k practice was advanced enough that there would be no problem with kunlun? He seemed quite tolerant of other practices and when I demonstrated my hsin tao practice for him to see if I could mix it with kunlun he liked it and told me to go ahead and that it would be good for building yang chi. Also asked him about continuing with 5 tibetans while also practicing kunlun and he told me go ahead.

Thanks Seth! I often stand to do my kunlun and find that it usually brings things up a notch. Think I will give this a try.

well, it was a particular warning he gave us in the egyptian class - sah is a potent K practice - someone asked what would happen practicing them too close together or concurrently and he said...one goes strongly on the track one way, one goes strongly on the track the other - so if you have two trains coming at each other, call your sister up, cuz she's never seen a trainwreck before! so from the other terminological contexts I've seen, it basically makes me think "running piglet qi" although that isnt necessarily a highly educated guess there. when your teacher gives you a particular caution a few times over, its most often not for nothin but your own safety.

while the kl stuff does spiral upward in the central channel at times, that seems to be more of a yin nourishing yang sort of thing. the coarse rises up and percolates out, the fine descends, like sifting dirt from rocks.

then again, in the context of an opened and stabilized K practice, that seems to be where the exception lies.

• Like 2

After watching the whtie crane kung fu, I mimiced the wild hand movement for fun. It turned out better than I ever thought it would. I felt the Qi moving much better. The inside to outside of arm movement connected my arm to chest nicely.

I couldn't do the movement that had my shoulder still locked.

• Like 1

I celebrated prematurely. I thought the painful part was over. I was wrong. The more painful part was about to begin.

Since the first connection, the rest of body wanted to be connected. I didn't realize there were so many kinks, pain points and dead zones in my upper body. I did a period of agressive clean up.

I did three to four hours of various movement, stretch/twist, self-massage before bed. The next morning, the stretch out body parts shrinked a little. The bonea, tendons and ligaments were in wrong places. The nerves were pinched every where. It was painful.

Sometimes, the pain woke me up during sleep. Once I was woken by weeping noise, I realized it was my body crying. What a wimp! I kept going.

My body finally got enough. It came in my dream to pleading with me. It showed up in a bloddy mess, the shoulder was torn open with intruding bones. I eased up a few days.

I feel much better now. I wake up in morning without too much pain.

With the improvement, I can enjoy something that you normal flexible guys take for granted: drop shoulder, round chest, connect tan tien to Laogong.

No more chips on my shoulder. :)

• Like 3