Flolfolil

Society Sucks

hey everyone, i feel insecure about my beliefs and i need some affirmation that society sucks and that i am not the only one that thinks like i do. so please post everything you can find about how everything sucks

there is a lot of stuff that sucks, so this thread should fill up pretty fast.

i will start: don't you hate it that they don't design toilets to flush well enough to get rid of your entire dump in one flush? IT DRIVES ME INSANE

I don't know if this will help you, but it did help me so I'll give it a shot. In Buddhist cosmology there are six realms of existence. The human realm (ours) is the third one down. At the top are the gods, and at the bottom are the hells, and we are somewhere in the middle. All of these realms though exist in Samsara and thus experience dissatisfaction and thus are subject to the wheel of karma.

Being that the human realm lies somewhere in the middle of Samsara this means that if you're here you have a mixture of good and bad karma that in the big picture is more or less equal. You have enough good karma to not be in hell, and enough bad karma to not be in heaven. Also the fact that we are in Samsara in the first place is indicative of the four noble truths that life is suffering and suffering is caused by desire.

So what I'm trying to say in all this rambling is that we don't live in a perfect world, and this world will never be perfect. Of course if we can do some good in the world around us we should (gets you more good karma) but we are in Samsara and that is the nature of things.

Thus as the Buddha said the only real and permanent solution is to get out of Samsara all together, and that is why we have the eight fold path. :)

• Like 1

hey everyone, i feel insecure about my beliefs and i need some affirmation that society sucks and that i am not the only one that thinks like i do. so please post everything you can find about how everything sucks

there is a lot of stuff that sucks, so this thread should fill up pretty fast.

i will start: don't you hate it that they don't design toilets to flush well enough to get rid of your entire dump in one flush? IT DRIVES ME INSANE

You accuse me of whining about social ills and then you begin a thread on social ills.

You have proven my points that I made in the Coursera thread.

and you have proven my mind's assumptions about you

and you have proven my mind's assumptions about you

And I'm glad I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

• Like 1

Do you know what happens when you reverse the wires going to your car's horn?

It doesn't blow, it sucks.

• Like 1

and if you grab the sounding mechanism after someone hits you and it doesnt stop going off, it kinda sounds like you're muffling a muppet :lol:

• Like 1

You have proven my points that I made in the Coursera thread.

Its actually against forum rules to bring bagggage forward from thread to thread to disparage.

Its one of those rules that doesnt get mentioned. Do you think, everyone, that its a redundant rule?

dragonsnectar69k said somewhere here recently 'people like to congregate and bicker'..

He put that so well.

It reminded me of family mealtimes.

• Like 2

this thread wasn't just me taking a stab at ralis, but at an entire group of people that spend all their time talking about how bad things are but never doing anything about it. i wanted to leave his thread alone so he could talk about the stuff he wanted to talk about, while i talk about the underlying issue that seems to plague most "activists"

if i have said it once i have said it 10,000 times,

today is just another wonderful day with Tao.

its all good in my neck of the woods.

society is peachy keen

• Like 4

and if you grab the sounding mechanism after someone hits you and it doesnt stop going off, it kinda sounds like you're muffling a muppet :lol:

you're muffling a muppett?

which one?

this thread wasn't just me taking a stab at ralis, but at an entire group of people that spend all their time talking about how bad things are but never doing anything about it. i wanted to leave his thread alone so he could talk about the stuff he wanted to talk about, while i talk about the underlying issue that seems to plague most "activists"

Everyday I do my part to improve things. I employ people in my business. I give to others that are less fortunate. I just don't talk about my personal life on this forum. There is no separate 'I' only 'we'. All are responsible for the problems of society.

• Like 4

"All are responsible" for the good stuff too, right?

co-creation. each day we create our world anew

• Like 1

dragonsnectar69k said somewhere here recently 'people like to congregate and bicker'..

He put that so well.

It reminded me of family mealtimes.

yeah, really....its why I havent been by the fam's in a little while...it got to feeling like that's all it was

you're muffling a muppett?

which one?

I keep picturing a veritable abduction of kermit :lol:

"All are responsible" for the good stuff too, right?

co-creation. each day we create our world anew

Yes!

• Like 2

Hehehe. I can tell you have done that. So have I.

Everyday I do my part to improve things. I employ people in my business. I give to others that are less fortunate. I just don't talk about my personal life on this forum. There is no separate 'I' only 'we'. All are responsible for the problems of society.

Okay, i will rephrase. My point is more like this: As far as the extreme problems like corruption, what can be done to fight that? i am all for doing our part on the small scale, but a lot of people talk about the big scale problems and then offer no solutions. i admit i am responsible for society just like everyone else, but i don't know what to do. So aside from violent revolution, i would like advice on how a normal person can change big issues.

Okay, i will rephrase. My point is more like this: As far as the extreme problems like corruption, what can be done to fight that? i am all for doing our part on the small scale, but a lot of people talk about the big scale problems and then offer no solutions. i admit i am responsible for society just like everyone else, but i don't know what to do. So aside from violent revolution, i would like advice on how a normal person can change big issues.

didnt you just answer your own question? do the small scale stuff. all change comes from the bottom up,

it does not come from the top down, from the top down is the illusion that the elite want you to believe.

it takes time

but

it is under way now, in fact

• Like 1

i don't see how me picking up trash or feeding the homeless is ever going to stop something like monsanto

It wouldn't, but at least you did what you could do at the time. Every little bit helps.

• Like 1

A vacuum cleaner sucks too.

Indeed ! And not just dirt from the carpet either......ahem........

A & E have seen plenty of embarrassed men with hoover attachments needing medical assistance ! Well, its what I've read about......honest !

Psychic vampires suck too.

Money gets sucked from us all the time.

Oh well, its medication time....'bing bing bong'............

Namaste,

gentlewind