eccentric215

does smoking increase or decrease chi flow

Breathing hot smoke into healthy pink lungs can't be good regardless of the substance.

I have seen many masters smoke.

does smoking increase or decrease chi flow

Why don't you ask Nisargadatta? (check his right hand in the picture at this link)

http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org/Nisargadatta_My_Recollections.html

I do not want to make propaganda of cigarette smoking, i myself was a heavy smoker same years ago, and quit

but it is a fact that tobacco is widely used by "cultivators" of alot of differentent religions.

For example Xamans, Hopi Xamans, and other xamans all over the world, and Voodoo, Candomble, Umbanda are a few I know about. It also appears alot on Gustav Meyrink`s classical Theosophical novel "The Golem".

It is interesting to add too that J R R Tolkien, who started involving himself with the Occult and secret wisdom from a very young age used it alot on his pipe, and mentioned, very specifically, on "The Lord of The Rings", it`s importance. Of course, he did it indirectly. his quote on the beginning of the book goes more or less like this "I do not know precisely what herb they smoked but it surely was of the nicotiana family (...)" one of the uses probably is to hold back some anxiety attacks which are common on "kundalini" awakenings (dispersed Shen (?). Taoists instead learn how to hold their intent on their Lower Dantien, for example). this is my guess. But I think there are other reasons too, i think it is quite a powerful herb, that actually opens some gates.

But not at all necessary, and very harmful.

For it`s spiritual purposes, I sometimes give a few puffs on a pipe, without breathing it in, whilst in my closed room, so the smoke stays in the atmosphere and breathe I breathe it in not so concentrated, and meditate.

I would have to agree, I have seen many different types of master practitioners smoke. I actually just saw a video playing where I think it was John Chang smoking. In many of the Kung Fu movies you will also see a lot of smoking.

(This probably isn't helpful) have you tried changing to pipe smoking? I've never smoked cigarettes but I've a few different pipe tobaccos that I like to sit down and smoke once a week or so.

I'm very surprised that I don't actually feel like smoking more often, it's just a nice way to sit and do nothing every now and then.

P.s pipe smokers don't inhale (it is still very dangerous I.e. mouth/throat cancer) I didn't actually know that till a few years ago and only thanks to the internet as I don't know any other pipe smokers (perhaps due to the dangers mentioned above)

No pipes for me. I'm either doin American Spirits or quitting altogether, the latter being preferred.

Smoking almost anything harms the meridians. This lead to a break down of the Wei Qi field on the cellular level.

• Like 1

P.s pipe smokers don't inhale (it is still very dangerous I.e. mouth/throat cancer) I didn't actually know that till a few years ago and only thanks to the internet as I don't know any other pipe smokers (perhaps due to the dangers mentioned above)

I used to smoke pipe. And true, I rarely inhaled. But yes, a lot of nasty stuff still gets into your mouth. For the past (10 years?) I have been smoking filtered little cigars (the same size as cigarettes). There are no additives and the tobacco never touches my mouth.

Smoking almost anything harms the meridians. This lead to a break down of the Wei Qi field on the cellular level.

Agreed. I can't tell you how many times I wish I had never started smoking. Nasty stuff!

• Like 1