Sign in to follow this  
CrunchyChocolate555

Feeling fantastic after ejaculating. Why?

I have been practicing semen retention for the past few months, usually going for weeks at a time. Back only maybe 2 months ago, whenever I ejaculated, I felt weak both physically and mentally afterwards.

But now, both just now and last week, after having ejaculated I have felt surprisingly "light and loose", in good humor, and just plain not as aggro. I actually feel BETTER afterwards. Even dare I say, more motivated?

What's up with that? And what could that potentially mean?

I read somewhere on the forums (credit dmattwads, if I'm not mistaken) that liver qi stagnation (which I have) is worsened by semen retention since the liver qi meridian passes through the groin... but I have had liver qi stagnation for many years so why now all of a sudden this kind of shift?

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

My best guess might be that the time with retention may have helped to alleviate your Kidney deficiency so that you get the Liver qi flowing with out the negative side effects of Kidney def.

• Like 2

I think thats normal after a release of tension, probably means you have healthy sexuality, tension builds the body and mind tenses then its released and you feel good. Those who feel terrible after release probably suffer from guilt and shame which makes them feel weak, so it is a mental issue rather than a physical one or one due to loss of jing.

• Like 2

I think thats normal after a release of tension, probably means you have healthy sexuality, tension builds the body and mind tenses then its released and you feel good. Those who feel terrible after release probably suffer from guilt and shame which makes them feel weak, so it is a mental issue rather than a physical one or one due to loss of jing.

Interesting point! Thank you!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Isn't that the "norm"? One feels good after sex? Otherwise, nobody would do it.

• Like 2

I always feel great as well. I have nearly completed the "100 days" 3 times and reached approximately 85-90 days each time. I definitely perceived the benefits from celibacy but truth be told, I feel very energized from having sex and ejaculating. Sometimes I ejaculate 5 times during an all-night session. I don't feel tired or weak afterwards and have far more creative energy. I never get sick and I am in better shape than people half my age. When I first encountered this forum I was puzzled by all the negative talk around ejaculation--I've just always had the opposite effect that people describe. Is there any Taoist literature that describes such a thing?

• Like 1

i always feel more energetic after sex when i embrace my feminine and submissive sides

I always feel more energetic when I embrace a submissive female... lol jk.

• Like 1

i feel more energetic just by talking to females. If i am around one i am attracted to it becomes particularly problematic

:lol: i cant help but love that. you arent gay, you're bi-curious LOL

The funny part is: usually that is a reference to straight guys in the closet, but you're not straight by any measure :P it's awesome haha

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

I always feel great as well. I have nearly completed the "100 days" 3 times and reached approximately 85-90 days each time. I definitely perceived the benefits from celibacy but truth be told, I feel very energized from having sex and ejaculating. Sometimes I ejaculate 5 times during an all-night session. I don't feel tired or weak afterwards and have far more creative energy. I never get sick and I am in better shape than people half my age. When I first encountered this forum I was puzzled by all the negative talk around ejaculation--I've just always had the opposite effect that people describe. Is there any Taoist literature that describes such a thing?

One who has excess of physical energy, not sexual energy, will not be tired after sex. It is because only part of the physical body energy was used for sex. A healthy body will have enough energy to rejuvenate the body, immediately, by replenishing the energy that was consumed during sex.

• Like 2

One who has excess of physical energy, not sexual energy, will not be tired after sex. It is because only part of the physical body energy was used for sex. A healthy body will have enough energy to rejuvenate the body, immediately, by replenishing the energy that was consumed during sex.

What he said... Just don't abuse it. People who are chronic masturbators develop a dependency to constantly release serotonin in the brain.

I have been trying to reach 100 days or retention to see if I can without nocturnal emissions and I have been noticing that my body feels physiologically stronger as well as tenser. Looking to rejuvenate a bit. Last year was rough.

• Like 1

What he said... Just don't abuse it. People who are chronic masturbators develop a dependency to constantly release serotonin in the brain.

I have been trying to reach 100 days or retention to see if I can without nocturnal emissions and I have been noticing that my body feels physiologically stronger as well as tenser. Looking to rejuvenate a bit. Last year was rough.

I did want to mention by practice Chi Kung, daily, for a healthier body in my last post. However, I wanted to wait for your response. You see, Chi Kung will help you to build up the excess of energy for a healthier body, thus one can eliminate the abnormal practice of semen retention.

chronic masturbators develop a dependency to constantly release serotonin in the brain.

^truth

currently sitting here in headphones listening to techno, getting high from the frisson (google it)

Sign in to follow this