Thunder_Gooch

Q for the TCM Masters.

A buddy of mine sent me sent me some really high quality korean ginseng roots, and it had me crawling the walls with energy the other day. I can order from him but the price is out of site, more than I am willing to pay.

Is there a reputable supplier of panax ginseng roots you recommend?

• Like 1

I know what you mean. I had some Korean Ginseng directly from Korea. My wife knew someone living there and they knew exactly which brands and quality to get. I also bought some for a friend who is highly sensitive to energy and he had used Ginseng in various forms before. He tried this Korea Ginseng and couldn't believe it.

Anyways: I've not found anything similar, even online and appearing as even made in Korea. I would be interested if you find something worthwhile.

*goes and kicks brother in rear for not planting 10 years ago when he thought of it*

• Like 2

What does it take to grow ginseng? I've been interested in growing something legal useful in my backyard or something. Ginseng seems like a pretty good idea now that you mention it, I know some family members would appreciate me giving them some of the home-grown stuff.

• Like 1

dragonherbs.com seems pretty good to me. Everything I've gotten so far has been top notch.

• Like 1

*goes and kicks brother in rear for not planting 10 years ago when he thought of it*

*boots him again for that continuing to be the excuse for not planting...its going to take 10 years? *facepalm* my parents have the perfect little section of woods north of their house for it, too.

I've found a few sources for the roots but I am unsure of what conditions they were actually grown in, if they are contaminated with heavy metals and toxins etc.

looks to be about $200.00 per pound which is way more than I want to pay.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

This is why its so important to get a good diagnosis before taking herbs. Ginseng is a good example. Asian Ginseng is yang while American Ginseng is yin. If you are yin deficent then taking Korean Ginsing will make you feel just as you described.In this case then I'd recommend American Ginseng as it builds yin.