Marblehead

Watching The Birds

Birdies with very sharp beaks and very charp claws know exactly how sharp they are.

They can be very very gentle.

On the other hand, they can let you know if they dislike something.

Idiotic Taoist

• Like 3

Plagiarised from

Harry Potter // Rustaq // 1st overland into Lhasa

Which is why I thought these photos taken when I was in Laos might interest her. Then I thought again I should blog it for everyone as well in case you do like owls as well

Surely, you do not think that Harry Potter is the only one that play with owls do you?

I spoke for a while to the owl to calm her. I knew she was not going to hurt me. Then I got her to stp up and then she got on my shoulder.

169558314_ae52a3a830_b.jpg

169559556_d903fd89da_b.jpg

That Laos trip was covered during my writing of Tinkerbell Legacy starting in here

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/2005/02/

Even more photos of Laos trip in here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanlung/sets/72157594170336188/

Here is another of me with my friend's fids. I spoke to them and I knew they were not going to hurt me

30865924_1bc0ba9ddc_b.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You noticed no heavy gloves for me either when handling the owl.  I know that is de rigueur  in handling raptors and no falconers be seen dead without their leather gloves.  

But I am no falconer.  Just an untypical Idiot.  

That being with falcons was a prime reason why I accepted that offer into Riyadh.  But that 66-72 hours work week put paid to any thoughts of having a falcon.  If you aint got the time, you just cannot have a birdie or beastie.   And if I could not have a falcon, then what the fuck was I doing in Riyadh?  Making money for my wife future boyfriends or toyboys?

http://thedaobums.com/topic/37958-can-the-tao-be-found-in-a-66-hours-work-week/

Birdies do know their strength , and exactly what they can do with their claws and jaws.  And once they know you as friend, they never will want you to be hurt.

Idiotic Taoist who will be drunk when a birdie is thirsty and eaten when a birdie is hungry

• Like 4

post-112539-0-69778400-1451785811_thumb.jpeg

At first glance,thought myself lucky to spot this cockatoo sitting in nearby tree,unusual for wild cockys.

Anyway approached a little closer for photos,turns out to be injured,brocken wing evident.

We caught it,only bit me once,still hurts even when wearing gloves,taped it's wing,propt it on some branches,food and water,may well become a pet if it doesn't drop dead from the shock.post-112539-0-14233000-1451786378_thumb.jpegpost-112539-0-01803300-1451786794_thumb.jpeg

Update.

post-112539-0-02695100-1451793839_thumb.jpeg

Sprayed some anti-bacterial,insect repellant,purple color,now resting quietly.

Edited by AussieTrees
  • Like 3

Hope he/she will recover.

And in that case, will become part of your family living nearby you.  

They know and recognise those that help them.

No need to clean shit as he/she will do that outside the house.

• Like 1

Barry,the kids named our cockatoo,lost him after the first night with us,looked everywhere,found him sitting in the avacado tree.post-112539-0-98288200-1451975580_thumb.jpeg

Sadly Barry did not survive,found him dead this next morning.

post-112539-0-09670400-1451975941_thumb.jpeg

So we buried him in a new vegie patch.

Surprising how this loss triggered grieving.

Still hear cockatoo calls from his cockatoo friends looking for him.

post-112539-0-21780100-1451976284_thumb.jpeg

Barry.

• Like 1

Barry,the kids named our cockatoo,lost him after the first night with us,looked everywhere,found him sitting in the avacado tree.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Sadly Barry did not survive,found him dead this next morning.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

So we buried him in a new vegie patch.

Surprising how this loss triggered grieving.

Still hear cockatoo calls from his cockatoo friends looking for him.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Barry.

That is called the experience of attachment.  (And yes, I know the feeling well.)

• Like 1

post-112539-0-99748900-1457112645_thumb.jpeg

Has been very dry since last September,just a few sporadic downpours helped keep us in drinking water.The dam were we pump water for the garden is very low,pump only enough to fill larger buckets so we can water by hand.

Every evening,fill the bird bath after a hot day,then watch birds getting excited,they flutter very close by,as the water fills their bath,young willie wagtail pictured puts on a dramatised version of happy.

• Like 3

And the birds are watching us.

BTW  While in the gardens this morning doing Spring cleaning I disturbed my local black snake.  It was moving so fast I saw only the rear half of it.

• Like 4