sree

The Tao of Dying

It is the deepest weirdest mystery to know this; if you think about it to much, down the rabbit hole you will go, further you go the deeper the destruction becomes.

Life-Death exist within the product of time. Mind-body is a product, a tool.( Thought )of death-rebirth, thought of life-life-ing is a conditioning-program trained within the collective of mind-thoughts it's conditionings do repeat itself with compassion.

"To believe or not to believe' is the answer. Mind-thinking is always thinking, to oneself-outing/ining = Time. Believing time to be reality, because socially-collectively this is a program to think it's normal, cuz everyone that you perceive projectoring with light is robotic-like, functioning on autopilot-So, yes Life is on autopilot, and it LIVES US!

And, it's always trying to find it's true timeless nature in time, with thought. True nature or consciousness cannot be found in concepts of time.

Consciousness doesn't have content, definitions, body-mind, minds have tried, and failed.

Consciousness-True Nature isn't time. The more you 'think' about it, the further it becomes. Consciousness-True Nature isn't moveable, it is similar to space-invisible space, right here, right now. Neither dark or light, hot or cold, it's not a boy or girl, or good or bad, it is balanced and neutral, the mind will never touch it with thought, it will try, because thought is a product of time.

The body, time-reality or what is perceived with time-light to see, is time-subjectivity-time-conditioned-time-programmed and is limited within time-within your thoughts thinking, for the One Conscious-Unconscious time Mind to observe it's (inner-outer) time-creation within concepts, words, numbers, colors, an NPL programming, etc.,

The time-bodymind, dies when time thought ceases to exist as a separate individual belief. When meditation takes place, you know that you are empty-blissful and peace. But, by using even those words, trying to describe empty-stillness consciousness isn't even close to it's true nature. It doesn't ask questions. It is only ego identity that ask, it'self. Playing hide 'n' seek with it'self. Time mind believed the word body-death and it's subjects to be reality or real, time mind lives functions on a belief system, psychological-educational system, and it's called Reality-Life Lives Us~ Namaste :wub: ladeda,,,

Hydrogen - I do sh*t much more than the average person !!! :D

A 5 hrs sitting = a lot of human excrement :blink:

Trust me to lower the tone :)

Maybe you should eat less. If you sh*t at the same rate as the average person for 5 hours, there would be a ton of excrement.

You would be digesting food at the rate of a 2-horsepower-1500 watt meat-grinder.

It's important to share information accurately in all matters. If you mislead in one area, you are likely to mislead in all areas of discussion.

An average person who needs to sit more than ten minutes is constipating unless one likes spending time in the quiet of the bathroom with a magazine or a book. So, why don't you tell me why you need 5 hours to do it? I want to know because I am not a fair-weather friend. I am not a hypocritical well-wisher who drops in at the hospice to do his good deed, or a philosophical Daoist with a Mother Teresa complex who needs to be nice to a sick guy to feel great about himself.

• Like 1

The time-bodymind, dies when time thought ceases to exist as a separate individual belief. When meditation takes place, you know that you are empty-blissful and peace. But, by using even those words, trying to describe empty-stillness consciousness isn't even close to it's true nature. It doesn't ask questions. It is only ego identity that ask, it'self. Playing hide 'n' seek with it'self. Time mind believed the word body-death and it's subjects to be reality or real, time mind lives functions on a belief system, psychological-educational system, and it's called Reality-

Let's examine carefully what you have said so that we understand the same things in the same way. I want to become you and see what you see. And let's keep it simple and direct - no leaps of faith, nothing that we cannot immediately verify.

We have this reality, this awareness of existence as a human being. I am sitting on the porch at this Dell laptop and the weather is just great. I am perfectly healthy and love being alive. I know this won't last forever. Like a passenger on an airplane, I know this wonderful flight can't go on indefinitely. I need to land it safely before it runs out of fuel or starts to malfunction.

How would you deal with this?

Life Lives Us~ Namaste :wub: ladeda,,,

Another namaste. Do you also use this greeting like Gentlewind with fingers pointing upwards, palms closed facing each other in front of your chest to indicate we are all one in Brahman?

• Like 1

Maybe you should eat less. If you sh*t at the same rate as the average person for 5 hours, there would be a ton of excrement.

You would be digesting food at the rate of a 2-horsepower-1500 watt meat-grinder.

It's important to share information accurately in all matters. If you mislead in one area, you are likely to mislead in all areas of discussion.

An average person who needs to sit more than ten minutes is constipating unless one likes spending time in the quiet of the bathroom with a magazine or a book. So, why don't you tell me why you need 5 hours to do it? I want to know because I am not a fair-weather friend. I am not a hypocritical well-wisher who drops in at the hospice to do his good deed, or a philosophical Daoist with a Mother Teresa complex who needs to be nice to a sick guy to feel great about himself.

I eat less than ever, so thats not it. Problem is having no large colon and only an S Pouch(and it is an awkward shape). I am medication to thicken my output, their are side effects to the medications I take; so with a combination of the shape of my pouch and the over thickening of my output. So a 5 hour stint is not because I enjoy the solace of the 'throne' but because of the aforementioned details, the shape though is a big part of the problem. And yes sree, there is a large deposit - what would you expect for a 5hr 'dump' !

That should answer detective sree's interrogation over why I spend so much time on the 'throne' :) !!!

Accuracy sree, are you trying to call me a liar ? If so come right out and say it.

I am telling the truth, and how you choose to respond is your responsibility.

As for a friend sree, you are not. You are someone I engage with when I come to this forum. You appear to be questioning my honesty, which is rather poor form as us British like to say.

I tell my story and hope it may be of some use to people, and if anyone is worried about bowel cancer(if you are bleeding from the back passage make sure you go see a doctor)they can PM me. I will try to answer any questions relating to bowel cancer - in confidence. It took me ten years of bleeding from the back passage before I saw the doctor, and if I'd left it any longer I'd not be here now. So please if you are bleeding seek medical advice urgently.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Everything is perfect even when you don't see the perfection. If its happening, if Life is Unfolding then all is perfect. Why ? Because it has happened. No arguing with reality - She has a 100% success win rate !

This can be hard to understand because it's not logical. But it seems to be true for mystics.

Is it because they have a wider non personal view of things? Or maybe they exist in an eternal now, and despite threats and worry, right exactly now, is pretty good.

Edited by thelerner

This can be hard to understand because it's not logical. But it seems to be true for mystics.

Is it because they have a wider non personal view of things? Or maybe they exist in an eternal now, and despite threats and worry, right exactly now, is pretty good.

I agree. This can be difficult to understand.

When I say what is happening in the world is perfect, I am referring to - Life Unfolding, Reality.

Some mystics call it the will of g_d.

Not everyone can see this, and some think I am saying that the suffering which the individual undergoes is perfect - nope ! The Unfolding of It is what is perfect. Reality has happened. It is where we are as a species.

I don't like/want any living being to suffer.

Namaste,

gentlewind

This NDE video comes highly recommended.

enJOY.

My wife is right - I am a NDE video and book addict !!!

Namaste,

gentlewind

This is an excellent interview and one I'll be watching a second and third time. One of my favorite lines is - 'you don't have to be dead to have an NDE'.

A video well worth watching.

Off topic, but I feel I must share. I was watching a presentation in which this line was said, 'Imagination is an organ of the Soul'. Nice.

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 2

I agree. This can be difficult to understand.

When I say what is happening in the world is perfect, I am referring to - Life Unfolding, Reality.

Some mystics call it the will of g_d.

Not everyone can see this, and some think I am saying that the suffering which the individual undergoes is perfect - nope ! The Unfolding of It is what is perfect. Reality has happened. It is where we are as a species.

I don't like/want any living being to suffer.

Namaste,

gentlewind

This is such a deep, wonderful spot. It's so potent. Illogical and yet true. At least to me, I feel it, I experience it.

Words hedging around the description of a sense of awareness about something too big to fit into a thought.

The state beyond duality.

"If thine eye be single, thy whole being will be filled with Light..." Jesus, (supposedly).

Regardless of who said it, this has been my obsessive mental bone to chew of late.

I can't get away from this sense of perfection underlying all reality, even the heinous, cruel shit.

It's damnably hard to talk about, but I can't escape the sense of it, when I'm open and flowing.

As soon as I grasp onto, or avoid anything, that sense is utterly lost again, but its existence is palpable

and it returns now more often.

Unity. Perfection.

• Like 2

The monk said that there is no death. That may be true but this is a truth that has to be discovered before I die. Otherwise, I am going to be fearful like a convict being dragged to the execution chamber screaming "I don't want to die!" By the time, I am strapped down in the electric chair, I would have given up the struggle. By then, I would not give a damn because I would have died a thousand deaths. One more would not make a difference.

Do you get my point? I need to know now, not because that monk said so or you think so; I need to know, and that knowing has to be reflected in the way I live now. So, how does a person live when he knows for real that there is no death, that death is not a part of life. Sure, the body will die. I am not disputing that. But how do I live if I know that death is a fearsome belief of those who are damned by this superstition? Would I still behave like everybody else unwilling to give up the body even though it is well past its prime - old and disintegrating with disease - pumping it with drugs to dull the pain? How did that monk die? He sounded old and his voice was breaking up.

Action speak louder than words, doesn't it? If death doesn't exist for me, I should be able to junk the body and lay it to rest the way I change out my sports car without any qualm, trading it in for a new model to stay forever young. To me, ok ? (as Bruce Lee would say)...to me, that would be the Tao of dying.

Hrmmm. That wouldn't be dying would it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. "DEATH HAS NO MEANING!"

This is such a deep, wonderful spot. It's so potent. Illogical and yet true. At least to me, I feel it, I experience it.

Words hedging around the description of a sense of awareness about something too big to fit into a thought.

The state beyond duality.

"If thine eye be single, thy whole being will be filled with Light..." Jesus, (supposedly).

Regardless of who said it, this has been my obsessive mental bone to chew of late.

I can't get away from this sense of perfection underlying all reality, even the heinous, cruel shit.

It's damnably hard to talk about, but I can't escape the sense of it, when I'm open and flowing.

As soon as I grasp onto, or avoid anything, that sense is utterly lost again, but its existence is palpable

and it returns now more often.

Unity. Perfection.

hahaha. Interesting. I was studying that verse of scripture the other day as well. Synchronicity.

The way i understand it is simply, one can not SERVE BOTH ends of the spectrum and expect to exist in a relevant state of 'whatever BS term people call it these days'. Such as people who push religion for the sack of influence and power. I have had dreams and have seen people with deep black eyes, a preacher actually. Go figure. You can serve Yang or you can serve Yin, but you can't TRULY serve both. Unless you either accept yourself as BOTH. The narrow path. Where you accept heaven and hell, and don't mind either, you are simply aware of both and understand that YIN can not happen without YANG, and vice versa.

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matthew 6:22

In my opinion, the best way to find this "Light" is to simply to ask why about everything and search for truth constantly.

• Like 1

I eat less than ever, so thats not it. Problem is having no large colon and only an S Pouch(and it is an awkward shape). I am medication to thicken my output, their are side effects to the medications I take; so with a combination of the shape of my pouch and the over thickening of my output. So a 5 hour stint is not because I enjoy the solace of the 'throne' but because of the aforementioned details, the shape though is a big part of the problem. And yes sree, there is a large deposit - what would you expect for a 5hr 'dump' !

What are the side effects of your medications? Is the elimination of your output a painful process?

That should answer detective sree's interrogation over why I spend so much time on the 'throne' :) !!!

Not really. I need more details. It is not a morbid curiosity but a deep concern about a situation that can happen to anyone including me. I need to know how bad life can get if my body's condition ever gets to be like yours.

Accuracy sree, are you trying to call me a liar ? If so come right out and say it.

I am telling the truth, and how you choose to respond is your responsibility.

Everybody has his own truth to tell. But one man's meat could be another's poison. I have no issues with the recount of your experiences as a cancer patient. When you use that as a platform to expound on spiritual matters for me to swallow, I reserve the right to demur.

As for a friend sree, you are not. You are someone I engage with when I come to this forum. You appear to be questioning my honesty, which is rather poor form as us British like to say.

I am not questioning your honesty. There is recorded evidence in my posts testifying to my affirmation that you have been telling the truth as you saw it, and that you do not deliberately tell lies. As an American, I believe in the freedom to question any statement purported to be factual and not subject myself to its authority unless it is a just expression of the truth. The American revolt in the 18th century was also regarded as poor form by the British. An imperial attitude, on your part, in public discourse is not helpful.

I tell my story and hope it may be of some use to people, and if anyone is worried about bowel cancer(if you are bleeding from the back passage make sure you go see a doctor)they can PM me. I will try to answer any questions relating to bowel cancer - in confidence. It took me ten years of bleeding from the back passage before I saw the doctor, and if I'd left it any longer I'd not be here now. So please if you are bleeding seek medical advice urgently.

Your story is of use to me in learning how to avoid bowel cancer. So, I need to know how you ended up with the disease. Was it caused by a careless lifestyle eating bad food and drink?

Hrmmm. That wouldn't be dying would it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. "DEATH HAS NO MEANING!"

No, that wouldn't be dying in the conventional sense. To be able to junk the body the way I scrap my car - not when it is old and broken down but before it goes out of style even though it is still running fine - is the Tao of dying.

In this sense, death has a profound meaning because it is not the dying of the body we are concerned with. It's the ending of something else.

hahaha. Interesting. I was studying that verse of scripture the other day as well. Synchronicity.

The way i understand it is simply, one can not SERVE BOTH ends of the spectrum and expect to exist in a relevant state of 'whatever BS term people call it these days'.

Yea, I can't imagine holding that state while identifying with either yin or yang.

You can serve Yang or you can serve Yin, but you can't TRULY serve both. Unless you either accept yourself as BOTH. The narrow path. Where you accept heaven and hell, and don't mind either, you are simply aware of both and understand that YIN can not happen without YANG, and vice versa.

Definitely. It feels like another level of awareness somewhere under or behind/beyond the conscious mind. It's too big for a thought, but I have an awareness of it.

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." Matthew 6:22

Cool, thanks. I hoped someone would pull a direct quote. That line has always resonated with me. I was raised Charismatic Lutheran, which involved some pretty cool gnostic elements. Healing hands, Words of wisdom, Speaking in tongues all happened in my presence growing up. That was one of the scriptures I would go back to again and again to ask people about at church or anywhere. I was scouring the bible for episodes of astral projection and mind trips to help understand my earlier experiences. Ezekial was like Odysseus to me back then lol.

I can't stomach much in terms of any religion aside from interesting intellectual study, but the core teachings of Christ often resonate. I find the Jeffersonian Bible to be pretty handy for getting in touch with the idea of christ the teacher.

In my opinion, the best way to find this "Light" is to simply to ask why about everything and search for truth constantly.

More synchronicity, as we were walking down the stairs to go run errands my son asked me

"What is the most powerful thing about me dad?".

"Your curiosity." I answered.

• Like 2

You are the observer on one end, while ultimate reality us on the other. You are connected and essentially the same.

Between you stands something else, the collective of your sense consciousness.

It's function is to obstruct the direct perception of reality, by distorting it. Like a light prism.

This is why in BUDDHAOISM we are instructed to detach from the senses and cut off the 5 thieves.

When the senses are out of the way you will not simply perceive original reality unobstructed, but you will realize your are one and the same and instead of experiencing reality, you become aware of the fact that you ARE reality.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 3

What are the side effects of your medications? Is the elimination of your output a painful process?

It can be very painful. One of my medications is specifically to thicken up my output, without this it would be very watery which would lead to dehydration and a stay in hospital. Some of the other medications also help to thicken it up, so I have to keep a close watch on the medications I'm taking otherwise I'd end up constipated !

Not really. I need more details. It is not a morbid curiosity but a deep concern about a situation that can happen to anyone including me. I need to know how bad life can get if my body's condition ever gets to be like yours.

Why worry about what is beyond your control ? Its a waste of energy and utterly futile sree. How bad it can get - really bad sree, really bad. I went to hell. Contemplated suicide.

Everybody has his own truth to tell. But one man's meat could be another's poison. I have no issues with the recount of your experiences as a cancer patient. When you use that as a platform to expound on spiritual matters for me to swallow, I reserve the right to demur.

This thread is an opportunity for us all to contribute our stories, ideas and opinions. I am not feeding you anything spiritual sree, I am merely sharing my thoughts. You take what resonates and dismiss what doesn't, their is no poison on offer. Have not you used this thread as an opportunity to expound on matters of a spiritual nature, like the buddhist 9 realms of hell for example; I prefer to steer clear of any religion, because it detracts from the authenticity of the individual. People become addicted to the dogma and ritual as addicts do to heroin, it becomes their crutch.

I am not questioning your honesty. There is recorded evidence in my posts testifying to my affirmation that you have been telling the truth as you saw it, and that you do not deliberately tell lies. As an American, I believe in the freedom to question any statement purported to be factual and not subject myself to its authority unless it is a just expression of the truth. The American revolt in the 18th century was also regarded as poor form by the British. An imperial attitude, on your part, in public discourse is not helpful.

Wow dree, love that line - 'An imperial attitude, on your part, in public discourse is not helpful. An imperial attitude, on your part, in public discourse is not helpful. :D

I have answered your questions have I not ? Nothing avoided.

As an American - why even say that ? Programming that is why. We all believe in the freedom to question - except politicians :o ! The American revolt - was all planned, but thats another story. The bankers love war as it enhances their profit margins !

Everything I have written about the medical side of my journey is 100% true, cancer is not something to lie about. The spiritual side of my journey is based on my experiences, but I am not saying it is the Truth.

Your story is of use to me in learning how to avoid bowel cancer. So, I need to know how you ended up with the disease. Was it caused by a careless lifestyle eating bad food and drink?

My bowel cancer was due to my genetic illness which I discovered in 2003, not down to a careless lifestyle. I've never been a 'fan' of 'fast' food and have never been a big fan of alcohol, although I do enjoy the occasional Belgian beer ! I drink about three bottles a year ! So I guess I'd qualify as being tee total !

What I will say is that anyone who bleeds from the back passage should seek medical help, plain and simple. Don't put it off even if you are embarrassed by it !

Namaste,

gentlewind

• Like 1

The Pimm Van Lommel interview is exceptionally penetrating. "I can be without my body, but my body cant be without me."

He can be without his body? Wow. I would pay a lot of money to see that act. Even magician David Copperfield would pay millions to buy the secret to that illusion.

He speaks of how the brain is an interface allowing us to experience within the body, and how when the brain is dead, people continue being themselves, but free of their bodies.

Brain dead people being themselves are not unusual but being without bodies is something I've got to see.

PMH Atwater spoke about how a man had been dead for three days and was mid autopsy when he returned to life. The person doing the autopsy screamed and had to take two months off work.

Mid-autopsy? You mean the person doing the autopsy had the dead guy's head cut up and the brains dissected and laid out in the pan while the heart and lungs are removed to another table for examination when the dead guy returned to life and sat up?

Can we have more factual details, please?

Pimm says that 50% of people that have had a NDE get divorced afterwards.. they are no longer the same people, not with the same priorities.

And why is that? Silent Thunder is still happily married after 20 years.

The Pimm Van Lommel interview is exceptionally penetrating. "I can be without my body, but my body cant be without me."

Yes! I found him very interesting and inspirational cat, will watch this again for sure.

He speaks of how the brain is an interface allowing us to experience within the body, and how when the brain is dead, people continue being themselves, but free of their bodies.

Again ! Another Truth.

PMH Atwater spoke about how a man had been dead for three days and was mid autopsy when he returned to life. The person doing the autopsy screamed and had to take two months off work.

A remarkable experience. This happened to a Russian gentleman, I read about this in one of PMH's books. I can picture the medical examiner's face ! Bet a good comedy could be made from some of the NDE's experiencers ! Laughter is such a wonderful 'drug' !

Have you seen the film, 'What Dreams May Come' with Robin Williams ? A cracking film, and I like Robin Williams.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120889/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt

Pimm says that 50% of people that have had a NDE get divorced afterwards.. they are no longer the same people, not with the same priorities.

Yes. I can totally understand this. It took me over three months to recover from my NDE. I had to re-adjust, I went from the beautiful and vibrant colors of Home to the drab black and white colors of this physical realm.

Namaste,

gentlewind

Wow, that is one whopper of a NDE. I don't even know how you call it 'Near'.. three days is about as in depth as you can get!

George gives a good description of his experience of non-duality.

"God, I believe, is even more than the light, because God is also darkness. God is everything that exists, everything - and that is beyond our ability to comprehend at all."

While I don't have a sense of a God with a personality. I get what he's talking about, his description of the Void is something I experienced in an OBE.

"I didn't experience any sense of guilt or remorse for things I'd done. I didn't feel one way or another about my failures, faults, or achievements. All I felt was my life for what it is. And I was content with that. I accepted my life for what it is."

Here is where it gets so tricky when trying to discuss the non-dual state. Because the mind gets involved and we're mired in association with Yin/Yang and the non-dual state is lost in this.

His lack of guilt or remorse over failures or faults, his lack of joy in the triumphs... allude to this state of being beyond either yin or yang. It's incomprehensible when engaged in the identifying with anything process. But the sense of everything being right, or perfect is there and it's undeniable when you experience it, even when you can't give 'an answer'. There is no need for an answer, the reality is that all is right.

Rilke is one of my favorite poets, not surprising to me he would lean on her to aid his attempt to describe his experience.

In the end, live the questions. Live in love.

What a great story, thanks for finding that link gentlewind.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 3

The Russian man - 'dead for 3 days'.

Ok, I browsed your link and came away with these conclusions:

1. There is no information of the idiot who pronounced the Russian man dead.

2. People with no detectable pulse or any other vital signs are normally assumed dead.

3. Instances of people assumed dead coming back to life are not unusual. There was a case of a woman who woke up in her casket at her own funeral rite. Here are a couple of links of dead people coming back to life:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-06-25-woman-mistaken-for-dead-wakes-up-at-her-own-funeral-then-dies-from-the-shock#.UaocodI_vIs

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/137575/man_dies_wakes_up_as

By the way, your Russian man went Home, presumably a place of Truth, and came back to embrace what you call religious propaganda and became a Christian priest. How would you explain that?

Ok, I browsed your link and came away with these conclusions:

1. There is no information of the idiot who pronounced the Russian man dead.

2. People with no detectable pulse or any other vital signs are normally assumed dead.

3. Instances of people assumed dead coming back to life are not unusual. There was a case of a woman who woke up in her casket at her own funeral rite. Here are a couple of links of dead people coming back to life:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-06-25-woman-mistaken-for-dead-wakes-up-at-her-own-funeral-then-dies-from-the-shock#.UaocodI_vIs

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/137575/man_dies_wakes_up_as

By the way, your Russian man went Home, presumably a place of Truth, and came back to embrace what you call religious propaganda and became a Christian priest. How would you explain that?

You wanted some evidence regarding the Russian man's story and you still have a gripe !!! You now want more information - sree, go and Google whatever further information you want.

So the guy comes back, and then he became a christian priest. He is where he needs to be. Without knowing more details about him, his upbringing and religious tendencies etc, I can only guess as to why he swallowed the religious propaganda. Maybe he had been to church as a child, or had friends who were christian. Maybe he still has past life issues connected to a life/s as a christian. Somewhere in his infinite Consciousness was something connected to christianity, and due to the event of him dying his Consciousness latched onto it - a reaction to the shock possibly ? The power of conditioning). So an explanation has been offered.

You are now reminding me of someone from my distant past ! Funny enough he was an annoying christian whom I defeated in an argument about reincarnation) ;)

Namaste,

gentlewind

He was in Russia, regardless of his personal atheism or anyism, he was surrounded at all times by the influences of his culture.

So even though he's identifying in conscious life as atheist and has no 'interest' in spirituality before his NDE. He was exposed constantly to some pretty heavy Orthodox influences by his culture all his life. His peripheral experiences were filled with spiritual material for the mind to use as symbols when attempting to adapt information from an experience that transcends mind thought/word/symbols.

Not surprising he'd end up identifying spiritually with that framework of his family after his experience. After all, he said one of the key factors in the whole experience was love. The core of love is family.

As his atheist paradigm was exposed to a spiritual experience, his mind was adapting this new information, it's pretty natural that the mind would draw from those peripheral spiritual experiences and symbols he was exposed to in conscious life.

• Like 1